shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it too early for DSS?

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
More specifically , is it too early to cure it ? I've been married nearly 4 years and my ring is just looking smaller and smaller on my finger (to be fair , im.pregnant so my finger is also getting bigger lol) I had some worries that I would end up disliking the cut of my stone (because of the general consensus of this thread ) but I still like the princess , it just feels small! Or maybe I'm bored? Cant afford an upgrade at the time but maybe I need a change? 20150320_164225-1.jpg img_3809_0.jpg 20140328_135605-1.jpg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DSS is real. My diamond shrunk overnight (and it's not exactly small). I think your ring looks perfect, but I know how evil DSS is. What are the diamond's stats?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
More specifically , is it too early to cure it ? I've been married nearly 4 years and my ring is just looking smaller and smaller on my finger (to be fair , im.pregnant so my finger is also getting bigger lol) I had some worries that I would end up disliking the cut of my stone (because of the general consensus of this thread ) but I still like the princess , it just feels small! Or maybe I'm bored? Cant afford an upgrade at the time but maybe I need a change? 20150320_164225-1.jpg img_3809_0.jpg 20140328_135605-1.jpg
I love princess cuts..I think your diamond is large and very pretty! How many carats is it? Mine has shrunk overnight in my mind too. I know it’s not small but compared to here it’s a lentil! I’m actually going to buy a pair of princess studs after Christmas. I already have mrb ones but I would like a pair of princess for something different and because I’ve always loved them..I’m probably not going to show them here because I’ll probably hear crickets..:(2

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you spend much time on these boards it’s hard not to covet all the big beautiful gems here. It’s easy to become dissatisfied or bored with what we have. Your rings are gorgeous and look very substantial on your hand. Not small by any means.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yasssss your rings are gorgeous! Also, congrats on your soon-to-be bundle of joy!

Ditto what others have said - PS is a dangerous place because there are so many and large beauties around here! Your ring looks very substantial on you and I love your split shank setting.

Nonetheless, if change is what you long for, what would you change about it?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks beautiful! I wear a smaller ring when DSS starts to creep in. Then I put my regular one on and it looks big enough to me again!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think your set looks beautiful!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DDS is so real, especially when you are a diamond person and on this site! I too think it looks beautiful, white and sparkly. I would say to definitely not even touch it for a good year after you have your baby. Fingers definitely swell during pregnancy, I could not even wear my wedding ring until six months after birth. I had three kids back to back and I honestly never even took out my wedding ring because my mind was definitely not on rings. So just make sure you are in a good place to make a decision. With that said, would you want to keep the princess cut? If so, what about haloing your current diamond? I’m actually not a huge halo fan, but since I don’t see princess cuts often I think they look really lovely when he haloed. Just a thought but you concentrate on that little baby that’s coming your way soon and all the joy it will bring you!

aussiemel

Rough_Rock
Your rings are absolutely stunning, I love your ER setting! I have a bit of DSS too sometimes, particularly when I see some of the rings on PS. Don't forget though, you may be feeling DSS but to others who look at your ring the diamond is huge and a lot bigger than most women have (except here :D)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think your ring is beautiful! It's really bright white and lively! I love your setting! It's a really nice size and it looks great with your wedding band!
I think it's a good idea to take it off and don't wear it for a little while. Then when you put it back on, you'll appreciate it's beauty again! And congratulations on the new baby-on-the-way! That's very exciting!!! :kiss2:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love princess cuts..I think your diamond is large and very pretty! How many carats is it? Mine has shrunk overnight in my mind too. I know it’s not small but compared to here it’s a lentil! I’m actually going to buy a pair of princess studs after Christmas. I already have mrb ones but I would like a pair of princess for something different and because I’ve always loved them..I’m probably not going to show them here because I’ll probably hear crickets..:(2
FWIW, I adore princess cut studs!! Go for it!!! I'll chirp in and comment!!! (Cricket reference, btw!)

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
20140530_154942.jpg 20140530_154942.jpg 20140530_154942.jpg Thank you everyone! It's so nice to have a place to just vent my first world problem frustrations ! And everyone is so supportive and kind and I actually have a newfound admiration for my ring after reading these responses! I do love my ring and I do have a case of dss probably because of all the beauties I see on here :) I will definitely put it away for some time, that's a great idea. Unfortunately I've already had to put my wedding band away because it's an eternity and no longer fits :(

@Mamabean it's a GIA 2.09 ct I, Vs2. My guy and I picked it out together but I discovered PS after ! I still think it's well cut though, or at least well cut enough for my untrained eyes because it's got lots of fire

@Emeraldsaremyfavorite I am not a big fan of halos either ! But maybe a halo would soften it a bit and cure my Dss lol. I'll definitely consider it. I like princess now but as I'm getting older i think I might want to switch for something timeless like an mrb or maybe an antique cushion (drool ) . Maybe for my 10 year ! 20140422_164428.jpg
One for the road! To be honest, these are flattering angles. She doesnt always look big or sparkly lol

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about the pictures !! I didn't know I had clicked any attachments except the last one and want to delete them from the post but cant now ! Dont know how it happened So sorry!!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is some amazing fire! Because I ask everybody this :oops:, do you mind sharing your ring size?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
20140530_154942.jpg 20140530_154942.jpg 20140530_154942.jpg Thank you everyone! It's so nice to have a place to just vent my first world problem frustrations ! And everyone is so supportive and kind and I actually have a newfound admiration for my ring after reading these responses! I do love my ring and I do have a case of dss probably because of all the beauties I see on here :) I will definitely put it away for some time, that's a great idea. Unfortunately I've already had to put my wedding band away because it's an eternity and no longer fits :(

@Mamabean it's a GIA 2.09 ct I, Vs2. My guy and I picked it out together but I discovered PS after ! I still think it's well cut though, or at least well cut enough for my untrained eyes because it's got lots of fire

@Emeraldsaremyfavorite I am not a big fan of halos either ! But maybe a halo would soften it a bit and cure my Dss lol. I'll definitely consider it. I like princess now but as I'm getting older i think I might want to switch for something timeless like an mrb or maybe an antique cushion (drool ) . Maybe for my 10 year ! 20140422_164428.jpg
One for the road! To be honest, these are flattering angles. She doesnt always look big or sparkly lol
It’s gorgeous! Mine is a mrb 2.03 and yours looks bigger than mine..big time..I just love yours..

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a beautiful ring and definitely not small! If I could suggest one thing... perhaps shape and soften the prongs? Especially with kids on the horizon. The ones you have now are a bit thick and bulbous at the tips, which are more likely to catch on and scratch things. If you could have them filed down a bit and made in to some petite claws I bet you’d love the overall result because it would lesson the chance of scratching the baby and would also help the diamond stand out more.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I stopped wearing rings for a couple of years after having a baby because I didn’t have time to clean and maintain them. Also when you’re messy and unwashed, you don’t feel like having bling on. So I’d say wait for the baby to come first, see how life changes and then decide.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After being on this site for a while it's easy to forget about jewelry in the real world. And in the real world your diamond is very large!

PS is not the real world.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your ring is gorgeous and looks very substantial! You diamond is definitely not small by any stretch! but I also don't want to be dismissive of your feelings since I had a case of DSS too. I get it. I reset into a halo and it made me much happier with the size of my diamond. I could swear the diamond itself looks bigger now. But I like the look of halos, and it doesn't sound like you're really into them. You also mention perhaps getting another shape in the future so resetting might not make sense now.

The good news is you have a beautiful ring to wear while you decide lol. It might make sense to hold off, your fingers have swelled and you might feel differently after baby is here. And congrats on your pregnancy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results