shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks for all the info, PS! Presenting the results of all your expert advice:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's SO gorgeous! Will you be wearing it as a stand alone ring?

stylistbydesign

Rough_Rock
That's SO gorgeous! Will you be wearing it as a stand alone ring?
Thank you, @motownmama! Yes, I'll wear this as a stand alone ring. I realized very early on that I don't really like wearing a band and a ring....and because my fingers are short, adding anything (even a thin band), just really emphasizes HOW short that distance to my knuckle really is. :P2

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
@stylistbydesign

Can you let me know what the box looks like that Brian shipped with your ring? I noticed some people are getting some really nice satin/wood ones with their setting/ring shipments... but all I got was a rather thin cardboard one (it looks cool, but it's rather flimsy).

I'd like to learn how to get one of his nicer boxes, and wasn't sure what he was shipping now-a-days with his 810 settings.

Thanks!

IMG_20171107_231228_HDR.jpg

Edit: This is what I was expecting:

BGD_RingBox.jpg

stylistbydesign

Rough_Rock
@stylistbydesign

Can you let me know what the box looks like that Brian shipped with your ring? I noticed some people are getting some really nice satin/wood ones with their setting/ring shipments... but all I got was a rather thin cardboard one (it looks cool, but it's rather flimsy).

I'd like to learn how to get one of his nicer boxes, and wasn't sure what he was shipping now-a-days with his 810 settings.

Thanks!

BGD_RingBox.jpg
@holeydonut
This is what I received.....it’s a wooden box. The outside is covered in a matte black fabric, with tan contrasting edges. The ring box is wooden also, but covered in a plush microsuede, with a ring slot, and slides out of the other box. I can see that it would be excellent for a proposal, since you can simply push the inner box out to present the ring! I’m sure BGD would send you the box you’d like for your proposal. I’d just call and ask. At these prices (and looking at your ring, we are probably in similar price range), I can’t imagine they’d begrudge you a box. :)

CAA3F289-EBE5-4060-90CE-694FDDFE6C4D.jpeg 12B0E3BE-3A5F-4FCC-8AC0-ED3F14DF0D8E.jpeg 6E1FB8DA-B181-4041-B7A6-937CC294C303.jpeg 6456489B-2FBE-4E33-A262-0C8FE9879667.jpeg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring. Happy for you and happy anniversary!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like sparkle in every direction!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and unique! BGD captured your aesthetic and your desires perfectly. Enjoy this gorgeous piece, and happy 23rd!!

stylistbydesign

Rough_Rock
What a stunning ring. Happy for you and happy anniversary!
Thank you, @derbygal! I'm so happy with all of it!:love:

It looks like sparkle in every direction!
It does, @AprilBaby! I randomly stop and admire the sparkle!!:dance:

So beautiful and unique! BGD captured your aesthetic and your desires perfectly. Enjoy this gorgeous piece, and happy 23rd!!
Thank you, @KristyDarling! Yes, BGD did a great job translating all my words into my ring! I feel amazed when I look at this ring....and look back at the 23 years. :D

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful ring! Congratulations on 23 years!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stylistbydesign

Thanks!

BGD_RingBox.jpg
One would think if Brian Gavin was going for the high end market with the Black Diamond line then a fancy box is in order. Does Cartier and the rest cheap out? This is especially true with engagement rings as the box is kept forever. If you are going high market, act high market and give a nice box to the purchaser. It's good PR and it would set the brand apart from others.

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for sharing the details about your box. I'll move further discussion about boxes over to another thread to not distract your 810 EC showcase.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful and unique! Wear in good health and congrats on your anniversary!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing all the details of your ring design. It's GREAT that you married the vintage vibe with the durability of a modern ring.

LOVELY ring :appl::appl::appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful and unique ring! Congrats on your anniversary!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results