shape
carat
color
clarity

Talk about diamond shrinkage!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was getting my hair cut today chatting with my hairdresser..A lady in the next chair joined in and then I noticed her ring..Please excuse my big thumb in the pic..A curse of big thumbs on my father’s side..but I digress..Look at this!
92942E69-AB53-44EA-858B-D0BBE0DC2F19.jpeg
I told her about Pricescope..so she said here put it on your finger... My diamond shrunk to nothing! My stone is 2.03 so not teeny tiny..She doesn’t know how many carats hers is..What’s your guess?
6D26ECA5-6D42-46CC-A361-B0AD7DE13772.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
78C92757-6E2E-4A4B-8D7C-22C8F0F7E434.jpeg
Assuming yours is appx 8 mm i am going to go 9 mm or just under 3 ct. maybe 2.5 the halo makes it look bigger though.
I was thinking a little bigger than three..but hard to tell with the halo.

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
I like the setting of yours better, and the colour.
Mine is just a carat, so it would be a speck, a grain of sand next to hers. Yours holds its own!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yours seems to be much less yellow in tint and since hers is set higher b/c of the halo it is hard to guess. I think the halo makes it look larger.

Either way you both have beautiful rings!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting...looks like she has larger stones on the shank than standard.

Cool that she let you take photos, maybe she'll join PS!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW, I love your eternity and ring setting! Her ring is certainly pretty, but yours is classically elegant and still very big! (And yeah, I can definitely see some warmth in the big 'un.;)))

I think I would have guessed hers around 4 carats. It looks deep to me for some reason. And ditto above, what a cool lady to be a good sport and let you take photos, haha. Wonder if she is a covert PS person and didn't want to admit it.:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I told her to! I told her I was Mamabean so she knew who I was!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
FWIW, I love your eternity and ring setting! Her ring is certainly pretty, but yours is classically elegant and still very big! (And yeah, I can definitely see some warmth in the big 'un.;)))

I think I would have guessed hers around 4 carats. It looks deep to me for some reason. And ditto above, what a cool lady to be a good sport and let you take photos, haha. Wonder if she is a covert PS person and didn't want to admit it.:lol:
I did tell her about Pricescope and she never heard about it. Hopefully she’ll pop on..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok so her diamond is bigger. BUT, your diamond has a better color. Hers looks very warm to me! I like your setting plus eternity way better than her ring with halo. Yours wins!
Thank you! Feeling small....:lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you Siamese Kitty!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

She was fun..and really tugged to get that ring off! I told her Windex would have helped! It was her idea to put it on my finger!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yours seems to be much less yellow in tint and since hers is set higher b/c of the halo it is hard to guess. I think the halo makes it look larger.

Either way you both have beautiful rings!
Thank you tkyas78!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the setting of yours better, and the colour.
Mine is just a carat, so it would be a speck, a grain of sand next to hers. Yours holds its own!!
Thank you imitcan! I don’t know what your ring looks like but I’m sure it’s beautiful! Mine looked like a grain of sand for sure!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to the Def Lepard Journey concert, and this is the ring of the lady sitting next to me. I asked her if I could take a pic lol.

268F9D25-53A0-4318-A757-2C524D7A6A1F.jpeg
Whoa! That’s huge! I’m so happy I’m not the only one to take pics of stranger’s jewelry!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to the Def Lepard Journey concert, and this is the ring of the lady sitting next to me. I asked her if I could take a pic lol.

268F9D25-53A0-4318-A757-2C524D7A6A1F.jpeg

WOW that’s some ring. Really cool that she let you take a photo. I think the main stone could hold its own without the halo. In my opinion the double halo pulls the eye away from the cushion.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results