clarity

Movement toward setting my sapphire!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can’t wait to see it set too. It’s so pretty :love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG this is taking forever lol. I mentioned on another thread that 30+K just left my account with 3 university tuitions and costs for a car for one kid. Then another kid texted Friday, “I need $600 right now for books and groceries!”o_O

DH and I get anxious when we bleed money and it’s bleeding out right now.

I mean, yeah, I could set the stones anyway but I’m not like that. I’m a penny pincher about my money and I won’t enjoy the ring if that much more money goes right now.

Wink is holding my second stone for me until I give them the go ahead. My money tree in the yard should have a bountiful autumn harvest, so I will be patient and wait to refill coffers before I set these stones.

It could be this week or next month, but it should be “soon”.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
DH and I get anxious when we bleed money and it’s bleeding out right now.

I mean, yeah, I could set the stones anyway but I’m not like that. I’m a penny pincher about my money and I won’t enjoy the ring if that much more money goes right now.

Totally understand the feeling. I struggle with that vs buying/setting the stuff anyway so that I can enjoy the bling sooner rather than later since I plan to eventually buy/set the item.

Doesn’t help that CS prices keep going up...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I will have a supremely crappy birthday this week, DH said I can go ahead and get my ring set.

I couldn’t talk to Melissa today, so I’m going to call her tomorrow to get the CAD going.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Very nice sapphire! Happy birthday fellow September baby! :)

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Since I will have a supremely crappy birthday this week, DH said I can go ahead and get my ring set.

I couldn’t talk to Melissa today, so I’m going to call her tomorrow to get the CAD going.

It's a stressful time for you all. I agree that you should do something that cheers you up, splurge a little. Have a good birthday regardless of events outside your control.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a stressful time for you all. I agree that you should do something that cheers you up, splurge a little. Have a good birthday regardless of events outside your control.

Yes, I’d rather have my BIL back for my birthday so his wife and babies can have their husband and father back, but that’s not going to happen. So... sucks. Funeral isn’t until next week.

@Shijitake thanks

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. Before CAD they want to receive my sapphire and other diamond so that they can do actual measurements for accuracy. So hopefully will have CAD next week.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous sapphire! I hope that gazing into its depths provides some measure of soothing serenity during this extremely challenging time.

P.S. Might you have a LoupeTroop account so I could email you something?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it, thank you!
(a note from me should now be in your In box).

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will be a stunner! Please keep us updated.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just sent the stones to Wink.

I’ll keep you all posted.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9A90B17E-B945-49E0-BBC5-28AC13BC9CED.jpeg

This is the super preliminary idea.

Platinum
Shank probably 2.2 to 2.3 mm

I’ll have to wait to get the CAD to decide on angle of side stones, etc. I’m hoping to get them around the same height, but as you know sapphires are deeper than diamonds (especially CBI) and so I think that might come into play here. Or not. Just have to wait and see how the proportions shake out. I think flow is more important....but I do have a limit on how I want it to look. I really hope it works out.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is going to be a gorgeous ring! I’m watching your progress - as I said in the other thread - with great interest. The sapphire looks beautiful. What is the mm of the sapphire? Just trying to get proportions.

Good luck - and I know the college pain - have one in college now! Definitely curtails the bling budget.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.73 x 5.78 x 4.98 are the dimensions of the sapphire.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think the 3 prongs on the side are good? Instead of 4 prongs.

I gave the go ahead.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

I gave the go ahead.

Yes, I like the 3 on the side. Visually, it makes it taper out. At first I thought the sidestones were pears! Then I realized it was 3 prongs. But I like it because it somehow makes the visual flow from the center stone as the focal point down through to the sidestones. Hopefully that makes sense. But that is what my eye did.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I gave the go ahead.
I love this and think it’s going to look gorgeous! I have a three stone with three prongs on the side stones instead of 4 prongs and love the look. I also love how you kept the shank wider and the swoop up for the third prong comes up from the shank. That was a great design idea that wish my ring had! Can’t wait to see the finished piece!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this and think it’s going to look gorgeous! I have a three stone with three prongs on the side stones instead of 4 prongs and love the look. I also love how you kept the shank wider and the swoop up for the third prong comes up from the shank. That was a great design idea that wish my ring had! Can’t wait to see the finished piece!

Ok, thanks for commenting on that part, I have not seen a trellis in person lol

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love the design. It flows perfectly. Three prongs on the sidestones works very well. How long till you get the ring on your hand?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the design. It flows perfectly. Three prongs on the sidestones works very well. How long till you get the ring on your hand?

About 3 weeks. I gave the go ahead a little while ago.

Melissa said from the top it will be light and airy.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
About 3 weeks. I gave the go ahead a little while ago.

Melissa said from the top it will be light and airy.

I’m really looking forward to seeing it!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: it is nearly completed and I should have glamour shots hopefully tomorrow.

Patiently waiting!!!

I will do a big reveal on show me the bling.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received a “quick and dirty” sneak peek pic I can’t post, and it’s AMAZING. The sapphire pops.

I can’t wait to see the glamour shots and to post them. I don’t know how I’m going to wait until Monday or Tuesday to get it.

The pic took my breath away. It is everything I wanted it to be.

ksage92

Rough_Rock
Can't wait to see your photos!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results