carat
color
clarity

Phoenix, where are you?

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @Phoenix!! Long time no "see."

I am so sorry to hear about your current health problems! That really sucks, I hope that it's nothing and you're able to find something that will help! I went to my doctor with similar symptom's a few years ago and the initial diagnosis was vestibular disorder. - Though my symptom's cleared up after a few doses of STRONG antibiotics - apparently dizziness and ear blockage are common symptoms of vestibular trauma...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friend had a few of your symptoms and got diagnosed with a spontaneous CSF leak. You should look into Otorrhea. I'm not a Dr. or in the medical field, so there's that. I really hope you figure it out.
https://howshealth.com/otorrhea/

I looked that up. I don't think I have that. Plus, my ears have been looked at by several ENTs

Thank you though.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Phoenix!! Long time no "see."

I am so sorry to hear about your current health problems! That really sucks, I hope that it's nothing and you're able to find something that will help! I went to my doctor with similar symptom's a few years ago and the initial diagnosis was vestibular disorder. - Though my symptom's cleared up after a few doses of STRONG antibiotics - apparently dizziness and ear blockage are common symptoms of vestibular trauma...

Hi @metall!:wavey:

Long time no see indeed.

What vestibular disorder did you have, if I may ask? Mine seem to be vestibular of some sort, but I've been given so many different diagnoses. I've also been on antibiotics, antiviral, steroids etc...none of which helped. Actually, since I came off the meds, I've been feeling better! Go figure!

I'm now on 2 nasal sprays, Avemys and Nazolin which seem to be helping with the blockage and tinnitus but I think the Avemys is making my dizziness worse!;(. So, I'll need to go back to the Dr to ask him what to do....

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @metall!:wavey:

Long time no see indeed.

What vestibular disorder did you have, if I may ask? Mine seem to be vestibular of some sort, but I've been given so many different diagnoses. I've also been on antibiotics, antiviral, steroids etc...none of which helped. Actually, since I came off the meds, I've been feeling better! Go figure!

I'm now on 2 nasal sprays, Avemys and Nazolin which seem to be helping with the blockage and tinnitus but I think the Avemys is making my dizziness worse!;(. So, I'll need to go back to the Dr to ask him what to do....

So sorry for the late reply, been a crazy weekend. I hope you're feeling a little better. I actually found out in the end that I had gotten a pretty bad infection because of a cut in my ear.

My GP initially thought that I had a cholesteatoma (sp?) (I think thats the name for a skin growth in the middle ear) or an enlarged/damaged vestibular duct so referred me to an ENT. In the meantime he gave me some antibiotics just in case it was an infection causing pressure. Lo and behold.....the ear blockage went away prior to my visit w. the ENT. ENT said that i must have scratched the inside of my ear, and the cut got infected. Thus I ended up taking antibiotics twice!

If something is making your dizziness worse I would speak to your doctor right away and get on something different! When i was freaking our about my thing i read horror cases where some medicines are so strong they CAUSE the vestibular impairment!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for the late reply, been a crazy weekend. I hope you're feeling a little better. I actually found out in the end that I had gotten a pretty bad infection because of a cut in my ear.

My GP initially thought that I had a cholesteatoma (sp?) (I think thats the name for a skin growth in the middle ear) or an enlarged/damaged vestibular duct so referred me to an ENT. In the meantime he gave me some antibiotics just in case it was an infection causing pressure. Lo and behold.....the ear blockage went away prior to my visit w. the ENT. ENT said that i must have scratched the inside of my ear, and the cut got infected. Thus I ended up taking antibiotics twice!

If something is making your dizziness worse I would speak to your doctor right away and get on something different! When i was freaking our about my thing i read horror cases where some medicines are so strong they CAUSE the vestibular impairment!

Glad you got that sorted out. It's amazing the things that can happen to one's ears!

I seem to be adjusting somewhat the nasal sprays. I take slightly less than what he recommended. The ENT advised me to continue the course. I am scheduled to see him again next couple of days. Let's see what he says then.

Thank you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized today that you have been struggling with illness for a long time, Phoenix. I replied to you in the thread in which I learned of your history, then searched for other threads. (The one on your hair and makeup ended abruptly in December, 2017, so I didn't know where to go next.)

At any rate, I thought I would also reply here in order to refresh this thread and bring it up top in Hangout in case other people besides me had not realized what you had been undergoing.

I am sending prayers and healing dust.

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized today that you have been struggling with illness for a long time, Phoenix. I replied to you in the thread in which I learned of your history, then searched for other threads. (The one on your hair and makeup ended abruptly in December, 2017, so I didn't know where to go next.)

At any rate, I thought I would also reply here in order to refresh this thread and bring it up top in Hangout in case other people besides me had not realized what you had been undergoing.

I am sending prayers and healing dust.

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Thank you soooo much, Deb. I have been slowly recovering. Last night, I went out for an event - all by myself, first time in a year! Yay!! This is significant bc I was not able to go out unassisted for a loooong time!! Let's hope I stay recovered!

Thank you again. xx

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is wonderful news. @Phoenix btw I sent you an email. Hope you got it. No need to reply. Just hope it got to you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is wonderful news. @Phoenix btw I sent you an email. Hope you got it. No need to reply. Just hope it got to you.

Thank you, @LLJsmom.

I haven't rec'd your email. Did you send it to my gmail address/ reply to my LT listing? (Not sure what email addy of mine DS has, but if it's the hotmail one I no longer use it).

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @LLJsmom.

I haven't rec'd your email. Did you send it to my gmail address/ reply to my LT listing?
I am a total idiot. I could not link to your LT listing. Don’t know why.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a total idiot. I could not link to your LT listing. Don’t know why.

Not at all. It seems some people are having difficulty contacting me via LT. Let me maybe create another LT listing and see if you'd have success through there.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is still going in the right direction @Dancing Fire but struggling with the dizziness. Slow & steady, but at least we know the big worries are ruled out. I think she just needs a break & computer screens can spin the best of us out, dizzy issues aside. She'll be spending the limited computer time she can manage searching for that 7ct she's after :love:
You know why??? b/c she kept on playing with her amazing diamond collection!
faintthud.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you soooo much, Deb. I have been slowly recovering. Last night, I went out for an event - all by myself, first time in a year! Yay!! This is significant bc I was not able to go out unassisted for a loooong time!! Let's hope I stay recovered!

Thank you again. xx

Dear @Phoenix I am so happy to read your update. Sending you continued good wishes and healing hugs! And yes, long may your recovery continue and improve! (((Hugs))).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @Phoenix I am so happy to read your update. Sending you continued good wishes and healing hugs! And yes, long may your recovery continue and improve! (((Hugs))).

@missy, thank you sooo much and I hope you find relief from / solutions to your issues too. {{HUGS}}

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Phoenix , I'm fairly new to commenting on PS although I've been a member for a long time. You have helped and inspired my jewelry decisions over the years and I hope its ok that I weigh in here.

A few years ago I was struck with BPPV which put me flat on my back. Went from one ear to another then back to the original ear. Then after that, tinnitus struck. While I had the tinnitus, I started to experience extreme debilitating dizziness throughout the day. It's hard to explain but I liken it to that awful lightheaded feeling you get if you blow up a ballon too hard or fast, but it lasts for awhile and comes and goes unpredictably.

Have you looked at atypical migraines as a cause? I didn't know these existed but ultimately, after doing a daily journal of my actions and symptoms, that's what it was for me. It took us awhile to figure how much my daily diet created the off balance that triggered these awful symptoms.

Sending you good wishes Phoenix!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Phoenix , I'm fairly new to commenting on PS although I've been a member for a long time. You have helped and inspired my jewelry decisions over the years and I hope its ok that I weigh in here.

A few years ago I was struck with BPPV which put me flat on my back. Went from one ear to another then back to the original ear. Then after that, tinnitus struck. While I had the tinnitus, I started to experience extreme debilitating dizziness throughout the day. It's hard to explain but I liken it to that awful lightheaded feeling you get if you blow up a ballon too hard or fast, but it lasts for awhile and comes and goes unpredictably.

Have you looked at atypical migraines as a cause? I didn't know these existed but ultimately, after doing a daily journal of my actions and symptoms, that's what it was for me. It took us awhile to figure how much my daily diet created the off balance that triggered these awful symptoms.

Sending you good wishes Phoenix!

Thank you so much, @facetgirl. Glad you got it figured out. Yes, our ears are responsible for our sense of balance and tinnitus and/ or blockage would certainly make one dizzy.

My symptoms have abated quite a bit, I guess due the passage of time and the nasal sprays I'm using. I looked up atypical migraines but I don't think that's what I have (had). Thank you though. It's important to look at all possibilities.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results