shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian I smiled when I read about your sister complaining about the turkey bacon. The scariest part of my friend's illness and extreme treatment was when he stopped being a jackhole in the hospital and quit complaining. He's being bratty again which makes me feel better, although I totally feel for his wife lolol.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for the support because it helps so much! I don't talk about this stuff much to my friends IRL Seriously don't like bringing it up all the time so I don't. Maybe I'm just being weird about it.

As of yesterday afternoon they told her "You're going to be with us for a while, so decorate your room". She didn't like hearing that, she also tried to bribe people into bringing her something from Dairy Queen and Wendy's ("just one last time"....:roll2::boohoo:.....) This is where I'm glad my sister is a facebook whore, because I can pretty much get updates as they happen now...lol

I told her to enjoy the free cable, turkey bacon, and hot blankets. :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, when we discussed adding a different protein source, we assumed that cats weren't being considered.:eek2::confused::confused2::errrr::naughty::nono:

Hahaha nothing more delicious :kiss2: and as a bonus for some...calorie free.:P2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for the support because it helps so much! I don't talk about this stuff much to my friends IRL Seriously don't like bringing it up all the time so I don't. Maybe I'm just being weird about it.

As of yesterday afternoon they told her "You're going to be with us for a while, so decorate your room". She didn't like hearing that, she also tried to bribe people into bringing her something from Dairy Queen and Wendy's ("just one last time"....:roll2::boohoo:.....) This is where I'm glad my sister is a facebook whore, because I can pretty much get updates as they happen now...lol

I told her to enjoy the free cable, turkey bacon, and hot blankets. :lol-2:

@Arcadian it helps to be able to vent and talk and share for many of us and I completely get that because it helps me so much too. It's a catharsis of sorts. I am keeping you and your sister in my thoughts and hoping she does well. And please do take care of yourself. The emotional toll is real and considerable. We are here for you however we can be. (((Hugs))).

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in Canada! At last, a trump-free zone

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy your visit! Or are you staying?:mrgreen2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say...

I’d forgotten just how much the job search sucks :roll2:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those restaurant prices seem low @canuk-gal. We get chain restaurants that are higher priced here, and not good food.

@PintoBean , I've never really had poutine. I've tasted it from my kid's plates a few times but I don't like the cheese curds. Don't know why, because I like cheese! But "good" poutine would be totally wasted on me due to curds.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say...

The good news is that according to the usual news sources, this is the HOTTEST time to be looking for a job in recent history: Employers are hiring in droves and hiring QUICKLY, instead of taking weeks to cogitate over the candiates. Strike while the iron/job hunt is HOT:love::mrgreen2::clap:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those restaurant prices seem low @canuk-gal. We get chain restaurants that are higher priced here, and not good food.

@PintoBean , I've never really had poutine. I've tasted it from my kid's plates a few times but I don't like the cheese curds. Don't know why, because I like cheese! But "good" poutine would be totally wasted on me due to curds.

Yes, so do we, but I don't eat that. I am very particular about food. As a rule, I don't eat FF, gravy, and /or cheese curds.

That said, this poutine is fabu because the ingredients are quality and well prepared. Who would know any "curds" were present because the dish is seamless. Also, we have it in addition to wine, cocktails and entrees. I have a bite a bite of poutine and an entrée and a glass of wine. Oh and a negroni. LOL

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The good news is that according to the usual news sources, this is the HOTTEST time to be looking for a job in recent history: Employers are hiring in droves and hiring QUICKLY, instead of taking weeks to cogitate over the candiates. Strike while the iron/job hunt is HOT:love::mrgreen2::clap:
Can someone send the companies I’m applying to a memo? They don’t seem to have received the message :mrgreen2:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone send the companies I’m applying to a memo? They don’t seem to have received the message :mrgreen2:
I've got apps I put in May 29, no response yet. HAHAHA. Costco - reputation of being one of the best employers, was quite prompt. Seriously - respect for that.

I'm willing to make 30% of what I used to take home at this point. I can swing the salary + savings for a year or two I think. I really don't want to work though. This shot in the dark apps really are just that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say...

Sending you bucketloads of good luck job dust @yssie...I know a more qualified candidate than you doesn't exist and I am confident you will find your "perfect" job match soon. DUST DUST DUST to you on your search.:appl:

I've got apps I put in May 29, no response yet. HAHAHA. Costco - reputation of being one of the best employers, was quite prompt. Seriously - respect for that.

I'm willing to make 30% of what I used to take home at this point. I can swing the salary + savings for a year or two I think. I really don't want to work though. This shot in the dark apps really are just that.

@PintoBean sending you more big hugs and lots of good thoughts. (((Hugs))). I was chatting with one of the Costco employees last week and they said yes Costco is a great employer but that is because the employees are union. I didn't realize that but I agree Costco rocks in many ways. I would never move anywhere there wasn't a Costco whiten 20-25 minutes or so.:P2

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The operation was yesterday. Right after they did the donation which took about 5 hours, they moved to get that stuff in because she was an empty vessel. Now we wait to see if it takes. I'm so glad she did n't have to go through long bout of chemo/radiation.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing your sister good health Arcadian. I know she has a long way to go but I'm pulling for her!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian , Sending lots of healing dust your sister’s way. Are you doing okay? I’ve been thinking of you and hope everyone in your family is being supportive of each other. Hugs, Callie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking of you, Arcadian. I send my best to your sister and nephew. Prayers outgoing.

Hugs,
Deb

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I learnt... carrots don't improve eyesight.

In WW2 the British were having issues with the Germans bombing them at night. They developed new radar technology to spot the planes, but they didn't want the Germans to realise they'd improved the technology so much so they started a massive disinformation campaign. Started requiring carrots in everything, advertised carrots as the panacea for poor sight... trying to convince the Germans that carrots were their solution to the problem. A wildly successful campaign, obviously.

:eek-2::bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of your family, Arcadian. I am hoping that your sister and your nephew are doing as well as can be expected.

Deb

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of your family, Arcadian. I am hoping that your sister and your nephew are doing as well as can be expected.

Deb

Thanks Deb. My nephew drove out on Friday evening and is back at work. He's going back about midweek he said and staying a week. My sister will love that.

My sister is doing well, though its guarded. Her temp keeps spiking, so thats a pretty big worry at the moment. My contact since the surgery has been limited to a text here and there because she's amazingly busy!

I plan on going up again sometime in maybe October if she's home by then.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok this just happened today but is not official so I can't talk about it with anyone yet, but I'm bursting with excitement and have to share!

I'm on a maternity leave right now with about 5 weeks left to return to work, but right before I left for leave there was a restructuring of my department and I got moved to a random role I had no experience in. "Lucky" for me I was leaving soon so I didn't really have to deal with it much but I've been worried about going back to that job.

A few weeks ago a position became available that is actually within my field and today I was offered the position, plus a promotion, plus a raise! I'm beyond excited!

And the icing on top? I told my DH I'm going to buy myself a gift to celebrate and he said I deserved it! What's a proper promotion gift? :P2

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I know this falls into the category of first world problems, but I'm so annoyed right now. When I was driving Billy Ray up to TR's on Saturday something flew up and hit the passenger side front quarter panel, tore the clear bra, and sliced through the paint and gouged the metal. Fortunately there was no dent. And then when I was coming home from TR's yesterday morning I got a rock chip in the windshield. Grrrr... I'm all set up to take Billy Ray in on Saturday to get this stuff fixed, but I'll lose two whole weeks of an already short Chicago summer. Double grrr...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few weeks ago a position became available that is actually within my field and today I was offered the position, plus a promotion, plus a raise! I'm beyond excited!

And the icing on top? I told my DH I'm going to buy myself a gift to celebrate and he said I deserved it!

Congratulations on all of that, plus the new baby! That's quite a bonanza. :))

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eye-opening conversations:

Him: Well, you could just do X full-time. You enjoy it, you excel at it.
Me: ... I'd be climbing the walls with boredom within a month. Doing what I'm already good at is... not My Thing, turns out - I apparently prefer to find something that terrifies me and conquer it. It's actually a somewhat sadistic perspective on life.

:roll2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results