carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Aww @Jimmianne poor DD’s puss, hope he bucks up and starts eating. It’s quite a responsibility looking after someone else’s pet, especially if they’re poorly, but you’re doing everything you can. Wow, that’s one big bunny, is it yours? Hope Puff is doing ok.

What a great gift idea @junebug17 I’m sure it’ll be much appreciated, very inventive of your DD. Hope you’re having a great w/e with them.

Hope you’re no longer in pain @Tekate and your mouth is healing up well.

Oh no @marcy what a bummer that your bracelet has broken, the heart charm looked so perfect on it.

I think if I’d been you, I’d have thrown the car in reverse and started moving, I think the other driver would’ve shifted PDQ! ;)2 One time we went to Costco in Austin, and I was waiting for someone to come out of a space, so I was sat there, indicator on, and as the car pulled out, a women drove in to the space, I pulled up and honked furiously. The woman looked and me and I ‘gesticulated’ that she was in my space, she pulled out looking sheepish and I pulled in. Colin and Adam said there were other spaces, but it just annoyed me that I was waiting patiently and giving the other driver space to get out, and she just pulled in without looking. Colin was worried she might’ve had a gun :lol:

As you can tell, I’m not a patient person, especially when it comes to lack of manners or consideration :roll2:

I hope the visit was easier for you with Mr PB there @PierreBear and that you’re having a good w/e, Adam said it’s pretty warm there!

Hope you’ve had a really good ride today @missy and are enjoying the weekend.

Pretty warm here, with higher temps predicted for the coming week. We’ll get up earlier and take Dottie out before it gets too hot.

Colin has a routine dental check up tomorrow, nice for him that all the treatments are done with and the results are so good. He’s going up to London on Tuesday for lunch with former colleagues, they meet up once a year, last year he didn’t get home till late :mrgreen:

Not too much planned for the coming week, just counting down now till our trip - 3 weeks today we board the ship :dance:

:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, your pics from your bike ride are very pretty, such lovely scenery at the Jersey shore. Enjoy your bike ride and your day at the beach. A silver blue dress sounds lovely, and you're smart to start looking now. Great news that the issues with the neighbors have been resolved. Fingers crossed your new neighbors are respectful and quiet, with emphasis on the quiet lol!

PB, I'm sorry that the first visit with your relative involved a difficult conversation, and I hope things lighten up a bit from now on. Good luck with the gardening, and I hope the mosquitos don't give you a hard time. Thanks for asking about dh's ankle! Thankfully it's completely back to normal. Ugh, so sorry you're noticing a decline in the gym, that's disappointing.

Sharon, it's great you have a close friend that you have known for so many years, and feel so comfortable with. That's very special. Hope you enjoyed the movie, and that your sunburn isn't giving you much trouble.

Austina, glad you made it back from your trip safe and sound. And yay to your upcoming trip - Not too much longer now!

Marcy, I love that you were Marty's cinemaphotographer - I think you should be compensated for your time with bling haha. We just have to get Marty on board :P2 Ugh to your employee purposely blocking you in like that, so rude and childish of her. Oh no to your bracelet breaking, what a pain.

Jimmianne, I hope your dd's kitty is eating for you. Love your new profile pic! :D Yes, now that my kids are older and off doing their own thing it's hard to carve out time to get together so I do appreciate these times.

DD and her boyfriend have left, and ds has a show this afternoon, so I'll probably just run to the grocery store and so a little cooking for the week. Dh and I (and Zoe) are driving to SC sometime later on this week, not sure what day he wants to leave.

Take care and have a great Sunday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, cute little alien, One summer at our clubs big star party we bought 2 inflatable aliens for the kids to get their picture taken with; more adults got in line than kids. Darn that your souvenir necklace broke in a day; I hate when that happens. That is interesting about the ex pats who have the attitude; maybe it’s them who gave the country that reputation. I am so sorry to hear you DD’s kitty won’t eat. Do you think it’s that he misses your DD or because he feels bad? Hug him for me.

Junebug, I am sure you enjoyed having your DD visit with her boyfriend. I like her pasta gift basket. We have done that for Christmas gifts; I think it is something almost anyone would like. Cooking for the week sounds like a great idea. I was going to go get some groceries but since Marty is leaving I decided it can wait. Have a safe and fun drive to SC.

Missy, you are busier now that you are retired. Fun! Thanks for explaining Milk Bar to me; I am sure food from there is quite delicious. I hope you had fun cycling.

Austina, I think I will have to get a more solid bracelet for the heart charm but the bracelet won’t be as pretty. I don’t know if they will take this one back since it was modified; I would wear it anyway. How rude of that lady to take your parking space. I would be gesturing and cursing for sure. You never know what some people will do though. I have become more patient with inconsiderate behavior or maybe it’s just I am less surprised it happens so often. I am glad you are enjoying some warm weather. We are having cooler weather this weekend but warming right back up. I am sure Colin is glad to have only a routine visit to the dentist and I hope he has a great time with his friends in London.

We went to Colorado yesterday for my sister and BIL’s 50th anniversary party. It was a fun time. One of their kids had an open house for them with cake and snacks. We left their place a little after 5; stopped for supper about 1/2 of the way home and got home about 9 last night.

I’ve been working on laundry all day. Marty is packed and ready to head to the airport.

I watched the premiere episode of a new series called Yellowstone. It was pretty good. It reminds me of Dallas but better.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor Marty is stuck in traffic on the highway trying to get to the airport. He left about 2:30 and is only about 13 miles out of town. I guess there is a bad accident right across the border in to Colorado. I hate to hear there is an accident but I hope he doesn't miss his flight.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello NIRDIs:

Jurassic character rains hit right when we were coming out of the matinee--soaked my new white Converse lace runners. Luckily they dried quickly. Loved the movie! While I won't post any spoilers,,,suffice it to say Chris P might be in a sequel. I was so cheering for the dinosaurs!!

While running to the car to prevent getting drenched, I pulled my shoulder bag off--skimmed my ear and OFF popped my diamond earring jackets and Spess studs from my left ear. Luckily I felt it and looked down....all three pieces within one foot of the other on the ground. In a puddle of water no less. WTH. Lesson learned...not sure which...but something. I must have resembled those frantic people running in the movie. LOL

Busy week. Will have an ultrasound of my hip on Thur--I am sure it will show I have bones and muscles etc etc.. Maybe we'll go "home" on the long weekend and visit family.

Ya'll write what is fit to print.

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor Marty is stuck in traffic on the highway trying to get to the airport. He left about 2:30 and is only about 13 miles out of town. I guess there is a bad accident right across the border in to Colorado. I hate to hear there is an accident but I hope he doesn't miss his flight.
Yikes i hate that. Stressful. Did he make it?

I love my little alien...a gift from my dd, he came in a spaceship with a parachute and is about 1/4 » tall.
6C6D13C9-CC4A-4F13-AB79-14E4518BD0A5.jpeg
The kitty is on chemo once a week for two weeks a month and gets really ill after it. Today is the day day for the second dose and I am loath to give it to him. He just started eating this morning.

Sharon, what a chaotic escape from the theater! Very glad you found your earring!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s scorchio :eek2:

We were out early and stuck to the shady woods, Dottie had a splash in the lake to cool down, but was still puffing.

Alarm engineer has been and gone, and I’ve prepped dinner while Colin’s at the dentist, Tuscan creamy garlic chicken, which we’ll have with some wholewheat pasta :lickout:

I hope Marty made his plane @marcy, what a pain that the traffic was all snarled up, I hope no one was hurt if it was an accident.

Glad you had a good time at your sis & BIL’s party. I hope your sister at least got a medal for her 50years of hard labour :mrgreen2:

Hopefully the jewellery store will be accommodating about your bracelet, it shouldn’t have broken so easily.

I’ll keep an eye out for Yellowstone, thanks for the recommendation.

What a dilemma about the puss @Jimmianne , what did you decide to do? Will it make any difference if he waits a couple of days so he can eat and build up before the next round?

:o Thank goodness you found your earring @canuk-gal , what a disaster that would’ve been to lose it outside the cinema. Glad you enjoyed the film, torrential rain and earring mishap notwithstanding.

A trip to S C sounds great @junebug17 hopefully it’ll be cooler there.

Hope you’re enjoying great cycling weather @missy, and relaxing at your lovely beach house.

Hope all is well with you @PierreBear

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Thanks all for the good wishes on the family visit. Aiyya… well it wasn’t a terrible visit but some hard emotions were experienced again and the wounds were still there just by topic. I learned that the main motive wasn’t really to see how I was doing but for the Aunts to really to try and get connected to my father (or their brother). It’s a sad situation for everyone but you can’t reconnect with a person if they want to be isolated. I just felt like a chess piece move unfortunately so they could get closer to their goals. Luckily, I’ve had to develop some thicker skin from the past so it didn’t destroy me and ruin my weekend but it was still disappointing. Aside from all of that though, we did try a new sushi restaurant where the chef makes it fresh in front of you in a small kitchen setting. Enjoyed downtime with DH and made some gumbo, which is our usual meal when hosting someone new in our home. Yum! Hope everyone has a great day!

@canuk-gal – Hope the Jurassic Park movie was entertaining. Haha… I’m not really a Chris Pratt fan either but wonder if his personality is different in Jurassic Park as opposed to the Galaxy movies. So nice to hear about long lasting relationships!

Just saw your other post… glad that your earrings weren’t lost. What a scare! Good luck with your ultrasound of your hip and hope there is a solution to the discomfort.

@Austina – Not sure whether we will stay at the gym or not. There aren’t a lot of options based on location and I prefer a pool to prepare for the occasional triathlons. We don’t renew until October so really there isn’t any action to take. Well, other than just going with the flow and writing a comment card here and there.

Oh my goodness… 3 weeks count down. So exciting. Are you enjoying all your new TV channels? Any favorite shows?

Hurray that Colin has completed all the dental visits and the results are great! Glad he had a good time with a former coworker. Lots to catch up on when it’s a once a year visit.

@marcy – Glad that the LA people are understanding that Marty has options! Hope he finds the best fit for him soon. Boooo a broken chain link in the bracelet. I’m so sorry! But I’m glad you didn’t lose anything. Not sure about all your options as I’m new to bracelets but I would think the best way for a permanent fix is best since it happened so quickly.

Happy anniversary to your sister and BIL. What an accomplishment. How did they meet?

@Jimmianne – Sorry I haven’t had experience with a cat that doesn’t eat but one time mine was nauseous and possibly started to associate that uncomfortable feeling with food. This was with dry food and tried other brands. Eventually I opened up a can of tuna (just what we as humans eat) and he slowly ate a little bit. Overtime, he got better but never really knew the issue. Not sure if this story helps but I wish you luck!

@junebug17 – Pasta bowl… wow never thought of that idea before. She is creative and I might steal that idea one day! : ) Have fun with your DD and her BF!

@missy – Glad you are saying busy and having fun. Any more beach house decoration and updates? We changed out some of our art recently and discovered acrylic art. Just put up the last piece over the weekend. Glad to take down the old one… was tired of looking at the same thing over and over again!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes i hate that. Stressful. Did he make it?

I love my little alien...a gift from my dd, he came in a spaceship with a parachute and is about 1/4 » tall.
6C6D13C9-CC4A-4F13-AB79-14E4518BD0A5.jpeg
The kitty is on chemo once a week for two weeks a month and gets really ill after it. Today is the day day for the second dose and I am loath to give it to him. He just started eating this morning.

Sharon, what a chaotic escape from the theater! Very glad you found your earring!

JA--I LOVE your emerald and aquamarine necklace! On a gold wire--how thoughtful of your DH!!:love:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Sharon, i am glad you enjoyed the movie. I have heard some bad reviews on it. Darn that your pretty sneakers got wet but that’s good they dried okay. Oh no to your earrings but good news you found everything okay. Good luck with your ultrasound and getting your hip better. A weekend visit with the family would be fun.

Jimmianne, Marty did make it to the airport 65 minutes before his flight. Poor guy didn’t even have time to grab a sandwich in the airport. I love the parachute and little space ship. When I was teaching I had a lab called “Build an Alien”. You use dice to pick all the traits and components of your alien. Then you draw it. It was fun. I bought little 2” high assorted aliens plus alien pencils and handed out to everyone that night. Awe, you DD’s poor kitty. I hope he eats for you this week.

Austina, oh no to being so hot there. Your supper sounds delicious. I was glad Marty made it to the plane in time. He said an ambulance was heading back towards town but I didn’t see anything in our local news about what happened. I like the idea of a gold medal for my sister; I should find something like that for her. Thanks! I did go to the jewelry store tonight and they are ordering me in a bracelet that was listed as solid so I’ll see if I like it. I will have Marty check it out with me - he can see better than I can. See more info on it below.

PierreBear, I am so sorry about the difficult and emotional family visit. Sadly some people just don’t seem to realize how their actions impact those they love. That’s good you have developed a thick skin to help deal with the emotional toll on you; take care of yourself first. I always seemed to be the family mediator and remember oh so well how stressful that can be to deal with everyone. There were times I wanted to Gibb’s slap one of my sisters. Marty had to pull me out of a room once before I went off on her. Marty told me get a better bracelet so that is what I did. I’d be heart sick if I lost that pendant. My sister and BIL met at a 4-H dance when she was in high school and he had just graduated.

Work didn't exactly peg out on the "good day" meter but I lived through it. I went to the jewelry store tonight to return my bracelet and see what they had in the store. The links are thin and flimsy the guy was able to get my pendant off with his fingers. So anyway I am ordering in a solid chain that is 4.5 mm thick. i had to put 20% down but if I don't like it they will refund my money. I had to order an 8" bracelet; 7" fit me okay but I like the 7.25 or 7.5 inch better so they can cut the 8" down for me.

I took Friday off. I'll make Marty take me to breakfast or lunch that day. Ha!

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And let me be the first to say - Only 6 months left until Christmas. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 I am so happy for you that you and dh and Zoe are heading to SC this week. It is soul restoring being by the ocean and hearing the waves crash onto the sand. Enjoying that right now. And very glad you had such a wonderful visit with your DD and her bf. Have a good trip and safe travels.
We are loving our new trees. They are super pretty and when they grow in more it will be even more beautiful. Thanks I am relieved the neighbor situation is resolved.

@marcy ugh sorry about that traffic making Marty almost miss his flight. Hahaha Christmas in July is coming up.:cheeky: Also coming up (tomorrow) is the 4th anniversary of my accident. 4 years wow time has flown by. Sometimes seems like yesterday though sometimes like a lifetime ago. We pass that area on our bikes almost every ride (depending on the direction we are going) and I rarely think about the accident anymore. Except when my leg reminds me. Ouch and lol. Sorry about the bracelet but glad you got the bling sorted out and have a new necklace. Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing more of your thoughts about the necklace and your new bracelet. Hope work goes better today. Mondays can be challenging and today we are one day closer to Friday woohoo.

@Austina I think your hot weather is headed our way by Friday though the past few days have been and are glorious and hoping that lasts for as long as possible. A heat wave is coming here by Friday. So I guess after tomorrow indoor activities will be the preferred way to go. Did someone say shopping?:cheeky: I am with you on not being patient when it comes to inconsiderate and rude people. My motto is "fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me". Now I have broken down and given some people more than one chance and the benefit of the doubt more than once but eventually I learned who they really are. Sometimes I do need to be hit over the head a number of times just because I really don't want to believe the unpleasant truth but eventually I do get it. But the motto is one I aspire to because it would save me heartache and wasted energy. Live and learn live and learn.

@canuk-gal glad you found your earrings and that you enjoyed the movie. Go dinosaurs.:appl:Hope the US on your hip went well and that your findings are very treatable.

@PierreBear sorry you had sort of a challenging visit that was disappointing but glad it is over and yes a thicker skin goes a long way re self preservation. Sending you gentle hugs. I forgot to tell you Greg is loving the Instapot. I have yet to use it but he is cooking Jasmine rice in it and probably a few other things and loving it. It is so fast. When I get brave enough to try beans again I will try pressure cooking them in the Instapot (the reason I got it initially) and see if I have any bad reaction to the lectins in the beans. Hoping I can add beans back because I dont feel like I will get rid of my mercury eating fish everyday even low mercury fish. My blood levels came back 3 points lower (still super high unfortunately) 2 months after cutting out high mercury fish so going slow and really unsure I will be able to get that mercury down enough. Anyway enough about those boring health issues blah blah blah how are you doing and how is your week going? And yay to gumbo. Yummmm.

@Tekate you are in my thoughts my dear. Sending love and healing vibes your way. (((Hugs))).

Hi @Jimmianne hope all is well with you and your fur babies.

We are having a lovely time here that is going by so fast though but we are here for a few more weeks probably so woohoo to that. Today we are taking the ferry into the city for my specialist appointment and hoping that trip goes well. It is a wonderful day for a ferry ride. We have been cycling as often as we can and hit over 1000 miles so far this year since we started end of May. That might not sound amazing as years past we hit 1000 much earlier in the season but we didn't get to do much cycling at all in May as the weather didn't cooperate and though we have been able to cycle more in June still challenges in the weather so it is a good achievement. I think we are near 1050 now woohoo. Of course with the heat wave coming we won't get as many miles in the next week or so but enjoying our cycling when we can. And living in the moment. That's one of the keys to my peace of mind, contentment and joy. Wishing you all that and sending hugs your way. Enjoy a lovely Tuesday girls.:wavey:

Yesterday evening we enjoyed a lovely sky.:sun:
sunsetjune.jpg

and during the day got to see lots of surfer dudes doing their thing.8-)
surfers.jpg

Sir Tommy saying Whassup girls and good morning meowwwwww. @CJ2008 Tommy sends kisses and purrs to you and your furry crew and a special hello to Mousey.:kiss2:

tommywhassup.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh today’s another anniversary of sorts. FB reminded me lol. Today was the maiden voyage of our trike. 1 year ago today we got our new trike and took it for a spin. I believe we have over 4K racked up on the trike in the year since we got it. We did about 1k on the Calfee last year before we got the trike so subtracting that with the total miles so far that’s where we are. Happy Terrariversary. :bigsmile:

One year ago today. Our first ride was 55 miles round trip to Sea Girt to visit our jersey shore friends and show off the trike. It was a memorable day.

At our dear friends house in Sea Girt.
60E0B6EC-7040-4598-838A-C74662CC6408.jpeg

Heading back home on the boardwalk.
C1A22DD4-8B56-4EE9-9AE5-061EEF07FCCA.jpeg

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Thanks for the kind commentary about the family visit. I still don’t know how I truly feel about everything and my emotions keep flickering back and forth. I think I tried so hard to make sure I “wasn’t like them” and made extra efforts to be kind, hospitable, and generous etc… which I’m glad that we did. However, I think I could have done all those things but still stood up for myself and explained more about how things are hurtful. I don’t know… I wouldn’t call it righteous anger but when I replay some of the conversations back I wondered if I was just a wet noodle. What triggered the thought was I read an article and it said something to the effect of people give you the respect that you allow them. Anyhow, just food for thought. Well one day down and getting closer to Friday!

@marcy – Oh I’m so glad that you got a stronger bracelet and Marty is on the same page. How neat that your sister and BIL met at a dance. Your sister must have had great dancing skills! Hope your day at work will be smoother today. If not, then heeeyyyy you don’t have to work on Friday!

@missy – Oh so glad that Greg is loving the Instapot. Yes, I agree it cooks everything quicker but I still enjoy the texture of rice from the rice cooker more than the Instapot. It doesn’t bother me enough to not use the Instapot but if I have the time, I use the rice cooker instead. Sorry to hear that cutting out the high mercury fish might not be enough. I love hearing your health updates. Much more significant than the other things going on in life. Are you able to maintain your weight with the change in diet? I was listening to the news the other day where getting a certain tick bite can temporarily cause you to develop an allergic reaction to red meat and dairy. I thought how strange and tough to adjust to such a big life change all at once but you my friend had to deal with that recently with the mercury issue. Anyhow, hope you keep making progress day by day!

Oh DH and I started cycling again the past weekend. When it gets too hot over here, it’s nicer to cycle than running in areas without shade. Didn’t mind being back on the bike but sometimes my lady parts said heeeyyy I need some blood flow down here. Haha…

@Austina – hello and big hugs to Dottie!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Another scorchio day here :eek2:

Colin took Dottie out early while I got ready for Pilates, and then I dropped him at the station. He’s back now but the trains were horrendous, long delays because the trains have to go slower when it’s this hot. Apparently the heat can cause the rails to buckle :-o

I’m so sorry @PierreBear, sometimes for your own health and well-being you just have to walk away. We’re conditioned to think that because someone is ‘family’ we have to do everything we can to maintain a relationship. That’s great if you have a good family, but when you don’t ......
Please don’t let things prey on your mind, you did what was expected of you, and it’s always easy to think, I should’ve said or done this, but hindsight is a wonderful thing! You are a lovely, sweet, kind person, who doesn’t deserve to be used. Take care of yourself first. xxx

Phew, glad Marty got his plane @marcy , sounds like it was close. Glad you survived the day at work, only 2 more and a well deserved day off :dance:
Good news that the jewellery store is ordering you a new bracelet, hopefully this one will be the perfect home for your charm.

The dish turned out really well, and is so easy to make - my kind of food :mrgreen2: I’ll definitely be making it again soon.

I hope your scan gets to the root of the pain @canuk-gal and results in a successful treatment.

Wow, that year has flown by @missy, I’m so glad you’re getting to enjoy the trike so much, before the heatwave hits. Yay to spending more time at the beach house, it looks so beautiful there, truly food for the soul.

I hope your appt went well today, but I’m sorry to hear your mercury levels haven’t reduced further. That’s disappointing for you after making the changes to your diet and changing your fillings :(2

Hopefully there are other things you can try that’ll bring about some good results.

Tommy is so like our Tig, it’s uncanny, he’s a good looking puss and he knows it :lol:

It’s starting to cool down a bit now it’s evening here, thank goodness, these hot days are really draining :(sad

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, oh no to the 4th anniversary of your accident. As you say that seems so long ago but then not. Darn that your leg reminds you of it all too often. I ordered an 8” chain bracelet for the heart pendant. I returned my gold hoop earrings tonight. One of them broke this morning so I thought I’d see if they’d give me a refund. I bought them in May and didn’t have my receipt any more; and they gave me storer credit for them. That was very decent of them. I hope your specialist appointment went okay today. I love your sunset picture. How fun to watch some surfers and hi Tommy. Woo hoo for riding 1050 miles already. How exciting for the first anniversary of your trike.

PierreBear, I am sorry you are revisiting your family conversations. There is no way to prepare for them and you were true to yourself not letting them get you to sink to their level. I have found i feel worse if they get a reaction out of me instead of just letting things go. It’s sometimes not worth the effort. But it’s family and it hurt. Big hugs to you. I always find I think of great things to say - way after the fact. Good deal you and DH are getting in some riding. I did have a fairly decent day at work. Thanks.

Austina, I did see your heatwave is continuing. Oh no that the heat slows down the trains. I will feel more comfortable putting that charm on a solid bracelet. Too cute that Tig knows he is good looking. Stay cool.

My usual routine was broke up twice today. We had to evacuate the building about 8:45 complete with the firetruck showing up. We had a Freon leak in the basement. We were outside for about 40 minutes. i sat in my car with the AC running after awhile. Ha!

This afternoon they were looking for people to quality check some movies so I volunteered. I got to watch a 2 hours plus movie. I did ask them where I can apply for a transfer to their department.

One of my gold hoops broke this morning - the pari I bought at the end of May. Even though I didn’t have my receipt I dug out the box and took them back to see if they’d refund my money. They gave me a store gift card as my refund so I can’t complain about that. An old friend of mine ended up being in line behind me at customer service so it was nice catching up with her.

I decided I wanted pancakes for supper so I went out for supper and ordered off the senior plates getting an egg, 2 pieces of bacon, hash browns and 2 pancakes. I swear they gave me more hash browns that Marty and I could eat. It did hit the spot though.

I didn’t sleep much last night. I think I’ll go to bed early.
Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick post this AM. Started late today but don't want to miss saying GM to all:wavey:

@marcy yup it's the 4th year of my accident today. Off riding so hopefully it will be a safe and fun ride today on the accidentaversary. Oh no to the gold hoop earring breaking. I'm glad you got a store credit for them. Hope you find something beautiful in its place. Hugs to you and Mr Marty. Hope all is going well on the business front.

@Austina it will be scorchio here starting tomorrow. Stay cool! Did I say how much I am looking forward to seeing you soon?:appl:

@PierreBear my weight is holding stable yay. I love to eat what can I say and will always find replacement foods for those I cannot eat anymore. It's a gift.:cheeky: Glad you and dh are cycling again woohoo!

@Tekate (((hugs))) girlfriend. Hope you are doing better.

Saw the alopecia specialist yesterday. It was a fun trip in on the ferry. I am starting a new med as soon as the pharmacy compounds it and mails it to me as this med is not easy to get so I had to use our NY pharmacy. It's a long shot it will help but I deemed it worth the chance.

OK we are off. Sorry for the fly by post. If I can I will come back later and hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pbear, family visits! One should get a medal just for getting through one!

Tommy looks very much like Fenix, my grandkitty. Here is one of his baby pictures.
4F5FCD15-D4AA-4A06-BF8E-C25239B46846.jpeg

I had Puff dna tested and He is a girl!

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Started reading a good book called The Leavers. The other day I was talking to someone who just loved non-fiction books. I try my hardest to enjoy those type of books and “keep on learning” but I guess I’ll just stick to being me and pick entertainment instead. Going to a friend’s place for dinner and she’s making tikka marsala with chick peas. Looking forward to catching up with her. She’s such a sweet friend of mine that has such a warm heart. Anyhow, hope ya’ll have a great day!

@Austina – Yes agree on not letting things “prey my mind.” Well said and thanks for the kind words and am making sure I’m mentally healthy too!

Ah I feel bad that I overlook your cat, Tig. I get so focused on Dottie since she’s in your avatar. Remind me is Tig an indoor/outdoor kitty? Hope you had fun at Pilates yesterday.

@marcy – Appreciate the big hugs. Ahhh can’t believe your gold hoops broke. Bummer that you’ve had jewelry issues recently. Are you going to pick up the same things again with the store credit? Hope you slept better yesterday.

@missy – 4th year of your accident… times have passed. I forgot to mention that my FIL got in a very unusual bike accident. A squirrel ran straight into his front tire. His fork snapped in half and he just went over the top of his bike. Luckily, praise the Lord, he wasn’t paralyzed and just had some minor cracks in vertebrae and bruising around foot and hand. Such an unusual “freak” accident. Biking is fun but yes lets all be careful out there though things are out of our control. I’m not sure if my FIL is going to get back on the bike anytime soon. His birthday is coming up so we were considering getting him a new jersey but he is rethinking whether it’s time to try out a new hobby.

Hurray for having your weight stay stable. I love to eat, eat, eat… though it does surprise me how much watermelon I can eat. I think just me alone, I can eat a whole watermelon in 3 days if I really let myself. Who does that? Of course I have to go to the bathroom nonstop afterwards… haha

Good luck on your new meds and glad you go tot see the alopecia specialist. How are the eyebrows any growth back?

@Jimmianne – Adorable Fenix!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, it's so great you are able to spend the next few weeks at the beach! Love your pretty pics, and Tommy is quite handsome, and Zoe agrees lol. Wow, can't believe it's been 4 years since your accident, and one year since you got the trike. I'm happy you've recovered so well. Great pics from last years ride too. I'm sorry that your mercury level didn't move much, and I hope it's just a matter of time at this point. Sending good thoughts that the new medication helps you.

Marcy, wow, 50 years of marriage for your sister and bil, what a milestone. Sounds like it was a lovely time. Good idea to buy a heavier bracelet, it will give you peace of mind. Yay to taking Friday off, which also means a 3 day weekend. Lol to 6 months until Christmas, it will be here before you know it. Having breakfast for dinner sounds yummy. It's great the store gave you a credit for the earrings, very nice of them. And running into an old friend is an added bonus. How fun you got to watch a movie at work, I wouldn't mind that job lol. Hope you had a good night's sleep.

Sharon, so glad you found your earring and jacket! Sending good thoughts to you for your MRI, I hope it helps figure out what's going on with your hip.

Jimmianne, lol to your dd gifting you an alien! He's cute. What a surprise about Puff being a girl! I'm hoping your dd's kitty is doing ok and eating a little for you.

Austina, hope the weather has cooled down a bit.

PB, I'm sorry the visit with your relative was a bit upsetting. Your aunt might be feeling desperate and trying anything she can think of to regain contact, but it's not fair to put you in the middle of it. Don't second-guess how you reacted, you were put in an awkward position and caught off-guard, and handled the situation in a way you felt was appropriate. I'm glad you didn't let it ruin your weekend and that you enjoyed your time with dh.

Have a great time with your friend today! Dinner sounds delicious, you made me hungry!

Not too much going on here, just gathering up a few things for the trip on Friday. Have a good day everyone!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:lol: Poor Puff must be very confused thinking he’s a boy, and now discovering he’s a she @Jimmianne awww, Fenix is a lovely puss.

Yum @PierreBear your dinner sounds delicious, have fun with your friend and enjoy your evening.

Tig was a cat I had many years ago, but he was the spitting image of Tommy. Not sure how Dottie would take to a cat, although I expect she wouldn’t take a lot of notice :lol:

Yikes I hope your FIL is ok?

How lovely to be heading to SC on Friday @junebug17 , do you have much to take, or do you have duplicates of everything there? It was a little cooler today, but I think it’s going to get even hotter next week.

Score on getting paid to watch a film @marcy :mrgreen2: I think I could manage that kind of job! Phooey to your earring breaking, you’re not having much luck at the moment, but good that the shop gave you a credit on them. I hope you had a good nights sleep, it was very clammy here :eek2:

Goodness, 4 years since your accident, not an anniversary you want to celebrate :(2

Glad to hear you’re keeping your weight up and finding things to eat @missy.

Everything crossed the new meds have positive results, as long as there’re no side effects, it’s definitely worth giving it a try. Presumably your specialist is hopeful of a good outcome.

Oh no to scorchio weather there, it was a little cooler today, but still hot.

I spent 3 hours this afternoon pressure washing the patio, I’ve still got both side paths to do around the house, and some at the front, but I’d had enough, so they can’t wait. I’m pooped.com now.:confused2:

This is what it looked like when it was first laid
B7550E1A-6758-4146-8BBA-559EE6C10FB1.jpeg

Yikes, the grass doesn’t look like that now either! :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I hope riding by your accident spot only brings out positive feelings of how well you recovered. You were back riding in record time. So smile at that spot and say “look at me now.” Yeah Missy! I hope your new meds help. I am glad you had a great ride today and some ice cream.

Jimmianne, Fenix is a cutie. Puff needs a tiara now. I’m an enabler you know.

PierreBear, I try reading non-fiction books but generally don’t finish them. Have fun at dinner with your friend. I probably won’t buy another set of gold hoops. I had a pair I really liked and lost one so maybe I’ll look for that style again. I can buy clothes with my store credit. I did sleep better. Thank you. I am yawning already though. My allergies make me tired. That is so scary about your FIL, I hope he is okay and has a speedy recovery.

Junebug, 50 years of marriage is quite a milestone. I should have asked them “how’d you do it?” I am sure my BIL would have come up with a funny response. Yes, Christmas will be here before we know it. I am looking forward to my 3 day weekend. Have a fun and safe trip.

Austina, i can imagine Dottie would be indifferent to a cat; she seems pretty content with her place in life. Glad to hear it cooled off there; clammy doesn’t sound so nice though. Power washing to patio sounds like a lot of work. I bet it looks great though. It looks like a nice, big patio.

I did watch more TV today. I skipped around 3 movies then watched the first 5 minutes of some downloaded 4KHDR events. It was rough.

My 2 pieces of jewelry that broke reminds me going for a bargain or impulse buy is probably a waste of money. I didn’t totally love the earring style but had $55 kohl’s cash to spend so I picked something I liked. They were 14K so I figured they’d be okay. The bracelet was pretty and I liked it but it definitely was not sturdy enough for a charm bracelet. Luckily my recent pink and purple sapphire purchases are fine.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's thunder and rain all day today. Sort of nice lounging in bed with my sweetie and my coffee and now with PS. Just wanted to wish our very dear @Austina a very happy birthday today and in honor of your birthday dear girl I wrote a poem for you. Have a wonderful day and we love you.

Dearest Austina
Happy birthday to ya

On this auspicious day
We come here to say
How much we care
And love that we share

Our days with each other
The adventures, the mundane
Sharing experiences
Increasing joy, lessening pain

Our friendship and support
The caring and rapport
Feels so close and so dear
Though the miles are not near

We're looking forward to your visit
and meeting you and your mister

Old cut diamonds oooh
good company too

It's sure to be fun
No matter what we do

You're a breath of fresh air
Bringing sunshine and fun
And clear blue skies above

May you find laughter and love
In all that you do
Happy birthday today
And all the year through

Hugs, kisses and birthday wishes
From all your PS NIRDI sisters
XOXO

happybirthdaydiamondgirl.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 Hope you have a wonderful trip tomorrow. We have cats and dog rain and thunder here today and sure hope you have clear skies by you and for your travels. It's so nice to get away and a change of scenery does the soul good. Thank you for all your good wishes and love. Right back at ya. XO. And big hugs to Zoe. Sir Tommy has a big crush on Princess Zoe so just be aware. She might be receiving some correspondence from him. That Tommy is a persistent kitty. Hugs!

@marcy woohoo your three day weekend is almost here...just one more day. Yes that is quite the milestone 50 years. Congrats to your sister and BIL. I'm with you. Puff needs a tiara now. Hahaha you deserved some down time at work yesterday with all you do and with all you put up with there. Hope today flies by and your long weekend is here soon. What are your plans for your long weekend? I think your temps and humidity sound great. Our heat wave starts tomorrow with lots and lots of humidity. I think we are predicted 20 degrees above what is usual and customary for this time of year. Oh joy. Well it was a good run of weather for us while it lasted. Enjoy your beautiful weather and hugs!

@Austina hope you have a wonderful birthday today!!! May all your wildest dreams continue to come true. And wow your grass looks so pretty so green. Love it. And I know you did a smash up job on your power washing yesterday. You go girl!

@PierreBear whew, glad your FIL didn't injure himself seriously. Yes even with all the due diligence necessary accidents still happen. My orthopedic surgeon at HSS told me most accidents are "freak" accidents. Just a fact. So careful as you can be but you cannot be 100% safe unless one wants to live in a bubble. And even then there is no guarantee. Yesterday some of the girls here asked me wasn't I scared to cycle by the accident scene yesterday on the 4th anniversary. Not at all. We cycle past it much of the time as it is one of our favorite cycling routes to take. The accident could have happened anywhere and believe me Greg and I are super safe cyclists. Defensive cycling and always aware. It was a freak accident. And I have also taken precautions and no longer wear those clip on shoes and pedals. However I am not so naive to think another accident couldn't happen. I'm always aware but still enjoying cycling and hope I never have to give it up. I hope your FIL finds his happy place cycling again.

Hope you enjoyed your time together with your friend yesterday and enjoy that book!

@Jimmianne oh I love Puffy girl! Boy or girl it doesn't matter. Puff is still sweet dear Puffy to us. Reminds me of the day we found out my Damien (guinea pig when I was an adolescent) was a girl. Except at my tender young age I was crushed thinking I had damaged Damien emotionally by referring to him as a boy all those years and naming him a boy's name too. Oh well live and learn. And maybe Puffy indentifies as a boy anyway? It doesn't matter in the least and Puffy girl/boy knows she/he is loved and adored and well cared for and that is all that matters.

Here you go @Jimmianne, a tiara from @marcy and me and the rest of the NIRDI girls. For dear sweet pretty Puff. It will look much better on her than on me for sure.

tiara.jpg

Yes Fenix looks like a young Tommy though we got Tommy when he was already at least 2 years old so we never saw the young Tommy. He was a mouser in the basement at work if you remember and Greg and I rescued him as soon as we could. Took some doing on my part but I was ready to catnap him if necessary. Haha cat nap. OK enough of my bad jokes.

Leaving you with a photo taken as we were cycling down the boardwalk yesterday. It was super windy yesterday but we had a blast. Not going to let a little 20 plus mph wind stop us. :sun:

boardwalkjune2018.jpg

Have a great day girls!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hugs to you. Hugs to me too ;-)

This long journey into darkness has the fog lifting. My pain is abated 90%!! what a real nightmare this has been. The infection is either beaten or retreated and there is no evidence of it. The placing of an implant in the position of the original abscessed tooth from 8/16 was a real travel through pain, so painful I could barely think.. I am finally on a normal sleep pattern. My physician tells me there are no nerves where he placed the implant, but yet I felt the most excruciating pain since I was in labor and had back labor. He said that while there are no nerves there could be nerves because everyone is different, yup that is me, different.

I go back in 2 weeks he checks it out and I get a crown on the one lonely implant that never gave me a minute of problem and I am moving on. I may (ha!) try some other time in a few years.

I have not read up on NIRDI ladies but I will today.

Here's my surgeon, he's such a great guy. He is a cutter tho, not a diagnostician per se, I am his first and ever patient to have all these problems. To be honest with you, I thought he might think I was nutzoid and doing this to myself but he assured me that after he did the 2nd bone biopsy and cried that no one would do this to themselves and he always believed me.. My husband likes that I have lost a few pounds. ME, I'm glad to be here 'cause I thought truly I might die. Hope all you beautiful ladies (heart and soul beautiful) are doing well and are happy, like I said, I will read more later. Missed y'all as we say in Texas (or said ;-) ) sending all love and peace in this crazy assed world.

Kate

https://www.maineoralsurgery.com/meet-us/dr-matthew-jacobsen-dmd-md/

@Tekate thinking of you and hoping you’re feeling so much better. (((Hugs))).

P

PierreBear

Had a great time with my friend yesterday. Her housemate is out on vacation so will be planning more get togethers with her so she has company. So glad that it’s Thursday and the weekend is right around the corner. Have a birthday event to go to on Friday night. I think I have an old lady’s soul as going out on a Friday is a challenge as I just want to decompress from the week. Will be good to reconnect though and see her kids who are just growing, growing, growing! Ya’ll have a great day!

@junebug17 – Hope you are getting all packed up and ready for your trip on Friday. Safe travels. Are you taking the new Porsche or do ya’ll rent a car? On our recent vacation trip we thought about upgrading our vehicle to a Porsche just to try it out but instead we got a minivan since there wasn’t any extra charge. It was so cold in Wyoming and my sleeping bag was only a 30 degree bag that we slept in the minivan most of the time instead of our tent. Never thought I would say that I loved a minivan. : )

@Austina – Ah gotcha on Tig. Cute name though was it short for Tigger like from Winnie the Pooh? Glad that Dottie wouldn’t be bothered by a cat.

Yes FIL was ok! Just an unusual accident and minor bruising and cracked vertebrae that will heal on it’s own. Appreciate you asking.

Wow I love all the stones on the patio. The different sizes laid in different directions. How did you pick that out? I would have been a nervous wreck thinking.. hmm do these go together… no wait over there… no over there…?! Beautiful!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVELY LADY! Hope you have a great day celebrating!

@marcy – Clothes are a good option. I’ve always found hoops hard to wear even though they are a classic look. I have a pair of sterling silver ones that I haven’t worn in many years and really should give them away. I’ve been more excited about some replacement clothes here and there than costume jewelry recently. I sound like a bad PSer but I feel a bit maxed out on jewelry and enjoy what I have and if I do find something I like that means not wearing something else that I am still excited about.

@missy - Oh man… wind but beautiful scenery. Hopefully you got a tailwind coming back? It was windy the past weekend where you couldn’t coast going downhill.

@Tekate – Glad to hear that you are feeling less pain…. What a blessing that your surgeon believed in your. Bone biopsy?! Sorry I didn’t see all of your story when I was out of town but that must have been so painful.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you SO much @missy, I love my birthday poem and really appreciate all your effort to make it so personal and special :love:

Oh no to raining cats & dogs :(2 It’s been lovely here today, sunny but cooler, so much more bearable and not supposed to be so clammy tonight.

Wow, you must’ve been pedalling hard into the wind, but even better exercise, those thighs of yours must be rock hard :mrgreen2:

4 weeks today :dance:

So glad you’re finally feeling better @Tekate , what a horrible painful ordeal this has been for you. I do remember that we had patients who, despite having root canals, still felt pain, so you’re definitely not nutzoid!

Another tough day at the coal face @marcy :cool2: So glad you’re enjoying you’re beautiful new rings, and yes, you’re right, sometimes it’s a false economy buying something just for the sake of it.

Yay to having tomorrow off and a long weekend. Is it your anniversary tomorrow? How many years have you and the big guy been hitched?

We left all the patio laying to our builder @PierreBear , my only proviso was that I didn’t want any yellow slabs. I’d been to see another job he’d done using the same Indian pink sandstone, and there were lots of yellow in the mix. Poor man had to go to the stone yard and sift through all the pallets and discard the yellow ones - they thought he was mad, but he told them I wouldn’t accept them otherwise. We were away when it was all laid, so when we got back, it was a lovely surprise at how well it’d turned out.

Unfortunately, our grass is no longer lush and green, it looks like straw at the moment. We don’t water in the summer because as soon as it starts raining, it all greens up. Add to that Dottie kindly watering it vigorously, and well, it’s not so great anymore :roll2:

We went out for lunch to a PanAsian restaurant :lickout: then did a bit of shopping, Colin needed some factor 50 for his face and a few other bits and pieces.

Can’t wait for the trip!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Happy Birthday Austina! I hope you had a wonderful day. That’s nice it cooled off there for you. It was your birthday present. Marty and I will celebrate 27 years of marriage tomorrow. I am quite anxious to give him his killer rabbit. How exciting your trip is coming up so soon.

Missy, great birthday poem for Austina. We don’t have any plans for the weekend that I know about. We are going to lunch tomorrow but that’s about it. With Marty being in LA we haven’t talked about the weekend. Darn that you are going to be warm, wet and humid. That doesn’t sound very pleasant. Hopefully you can get in some early rides. Beautiful tiara and it has pink in it; it’s perfect. Puff will love it. Cat nap. Ha ha. I like it. And Tommy is living the dream life now. Great view of the boardwalk.

Tekate, I am so glad to hear your pain is mostly gone. What a nightmare this has been for you. I hope you continue to feel better every day.

PierreBear, that is nice to plan more things with your friend when her housemate is gone. Enjoy catching up with your other friend and her kids tomorrow night. Next time you are in Wyoming let me know where you’ll be. And yes a sleeping bag rated good to 30 degrees is not going to cut it in Wyoming. I hear you on being maxed out on jewelry. I have so few pieces I really like to wear; the rest just take up room in my jewelry box. I want a few more pieces but not many.

So how can you tell if it’s raining cats and dogs? You almost step in a poodle. I know bad joke; I couldn’t help myself.

I met a friend for lunch today; it was so nice to get out of the office for a bit. I did watch parts of 5 movies today so that made for a nice afternoon. I had quite a few things to get done so I didn’t get to slack off as much.

I stopped and had a piece of pizza for supper then went to the grocery store. Just as I am walking in the door Marty sends me a text to go get him some oatmeal. I was a nice wife and went back and got him his oatmeal. Since the wind died down I decided to get my dead flowers finally picked out. I think a rabbit or something is using our flowers for salad but overall they are doing pretty well.

Take care.
Marcy

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to gatecrash this thread, ladies. I caught sight of a reference to Missy's heavy metal issue.

Missy, on the off-chance that you don't already know, nutritional supplements like chlorella and spirulina can help to sequester and effectively remove heavy metals from the body:

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/01/28/chlorella-for-mercury-poisoning.aspx

As well, I see a lot of the symptoms you're having, and it looks to be a general 'wiring' issue, doesn't it? A general 'dis-ease' within the whole system. Have you looked into anti-inflammatory diets, the condition of your HPA axis/adrenal response, your insulin levels as opposed to your blood-sugar levels and things like that? (Blood sugar can look great but be held in position by many times the normal level of insulin, adrenal problems can cause wiring failures galore, which can mimic thyroid symptoms).

As well, freshwater fish is lower in heavy metals and higher in the right omegas compared to farmed fish. Until recently I thought it was the other way around!

Anyway, just thought it worth a shot to mention. I hope you can solve your health issues definitively and have peace, and I believe it can be done. The best of luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results