carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@2Neezers
Did you keep this one? What'd you think? Pics?

I love your spinel! I had looked at that one before you bought it, but wasn’t quick enough to snag it. I remember when you posted pics comparing it to the vendor pics and I was kicking myself for dragging my feet, lol. It’s very pretty and bright! I hope mine is nice and bright too and as pretty as yours.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@2Neezers
Did you keep this one? What'd you think? Pics?
Hi @Rfisher ! I did end up keeping it. It’s definitely sleepy and the cut is windowed, but I found it interesting enough to keep. I’m not sure what I’ll do with it, maybe I’ll set it in a pendant someday?
Here are a couple of not so great photos of the Multicolour sleepy Mahenge Spinel next to my non-sleepy Mahenge Spinel from Prima.
CD2B252B-080B-48B7-99A6-2D508E1D7CB0.jpeg D2A3CC87-15FE-4007-8BFD-8A7F66FD7239.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting compare and contrast next to each other!

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @Rfisher ! I did end up keeping it. It’s definitely sleepy and the cut is windowed, but I found it interesting enough to keep. I’m not sure what I’ll do with it, maybe I’ll set it in a pendant someday?
Here are a couple of not so great photos of the Multicolour sleepy Mahenge Spinel next to my non-sleepy Mahenge Spinel from Prima.
CD2B252B-080B-48B7-99A6-2D508E1D7CB0.jpeg D2A3CC87-15FE-4007-8BFD-8A7F66FD7239.jpeg

Interesting! I have always liked glowy gems (especially emeralds) and it seems the sleepy ones are the ones that glow. They are both very pretty!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Interesting! I have always liked glowy gems (especially emeralds) and it seems the sleepy ones are the ones that glow. They are both very pretty!
Yes, it is silky and glowy. It seems to sacrifice sparkle for glow though.
Here’s a velvety silky sapphire listed on Gemfix, for those who love the silky look.
Somebody’s got to buy this stone! :)
https://gemfix.com/gems/sapphire-blue-11-1298
0A10DBD3-5BA3-491C-B3B7-0E0B8056AB7D.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a gorgeous rose zircon ring on DB this morning:

http://www.diamondbistro.com/catego...-Carat-Cushion-Cut-Zircon-Rose-Gold-Ring.html

:kiss2: If only zircon was a bit harder I'd snatch this up in a hot minute.

I have two and as long as you don't wear them everyday and bang them around they are fine. Mine look pristine!

It would make a great date ring. I even where mine with my young son and it's fine as long as we're not digging or doing harsh things in it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl, lucky girl to have two zircon rings! I am the type that wears jewelry everyday so it's pretty much my sapphire ring and my moissy.

I do hope someone here buys it so we can see lots more pictures!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I know that threads go their own way, and of course that is fine in one respect. However this thread was supposed to be a showing of good buys and more bargains than just popping up beautiful and costly stones. Some of us come here look for the possible deals.

Annette

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I know that threads go their own way, and of course that is fine in one respect. However this thread was supposed to be a showing of good buys and more bargains than just popping up beautiful and costly stones. Some of us come here look for the possible deals.

Annette

I took this excerpt from post number one of this thread:
“This thread is devoted to not just any old pretty stones, but stones we've seen that represent some minimum combination of representative and sought after: color; size, excellent price point, quality cutting and rarity. In essence, a stone that doesn't come around very often, that for whatever reason, you yourself are not interested in purchasing, but wanted to share with the PS/CS family in case somebody here would want to jump on it. There may be other qualities/criterion that folks want to add to the list - by all means, go for it!”

From my understanding, this thread is meant for special gems. It has been used to showcase exceptional quality gems as well as bargain priced beauties from Loupe Troop. Both of those options are what this thread is about. It’s about sharing something that we find special with our fellow gemstone lovers. Something we find special enough that we think someone should buy it even if that someone can’t be us.

We could consider starting a “Bargain Finds” thread where we only post great deals or cheaper finds. I’m sure a lot of us would be interested in something like that.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That aqua is a color that is hard to find. I know because I looked. The price is commiserate with the color.

I’d love a bargain price thread, because rarely have I run across bargain priced quality cut/color gems,

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So refreshing to see Pad without huge windows for sale. Thanks for sharing.

I’ll get one eventually, but am tapped out at the moment. Someone’s gotta buy those stones!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This Pad sapphire popped up on Ebay. I don't care for the setting but if you are looking for a pad that is more on the pink side it looks very nice. I love the cushion shape. The price is $5K for a 3.05 carat pad.

It looks like it was bought by the Natural Sapphire Company in 2006 and their certificate describes the stone as pinkish/orange, natural, heated pad sapphire. Since the ring is a final sale I would negotiate with the seller for a return if not as described and be very clear on if the stone has any significant facet abrasions or chips.

s-l500 (18).jpg

s-l1600 (20).jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PINK-SAPPF...201072?hash=item2818d36d30:g:DcoAAOSwq5pXQO4r

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This Pad sapphire popped up on Ebay. I don't care for the setting but if you are looking for a pad that is more on the pink side it looks very nice. I love the cushion shape. The price is $5K for a 3.05 carat pad.

It looks like it was bought by the Natural Sapphire Company in 2006 and their certificate describes the stone as pinkish/orange, natural, heated pad sapphire. Since the ring is a final sale I would negotiate with the seller for a return if not as described and be very clear on if the stone has any significant facet abrasions or chips.

s-l500 (18).jpg

s-l1600 (20).jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PINK-SAPPF...201072?hash=item2818d36d30:g:DcoAAOSwq5pXQO4r

This is my favorite color pad. More pink and more saturated. :love:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results