shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching yellow sapphire

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff, I would stick with round or oval, since that's what you're seeing on her Pinterest page.

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
I don’tt know because it only matters to her, you know? It is generally hard to find round sapphires (that I have seen). Can you ask her mom or a sister or anyone?
Ll
I would assume she wants round or oval.
I asked her best friend. She said oval for sure, she doesn't like square things so I guess that answered that. Seems to be hard to find what she wants with my budget

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shape usually does matter. I prefer elongated stones like ovals or rectangular cushions or even that radiant cut above. She may not.

Is seems to me that she’s hoping for something nice and you’re really going out of your way to make that happen. I know my husband is never signing up on a jewelry forum to try and buy me a special gift. You are a peach. :kiss2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give us some time; we will help you look. I for one have nothing to do tonight and my husband is out of town, so you hit me at a good point. Lol

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
I will keep looking but if any of you see a light colored oval or round yellow sapphire that's over 3ct and some how fits in my budget. Let me know Thanks guys

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about the 1.5ct oval on fine water? You could put a halo around it and that will bump up the finger coverage and the sparkle factor.
58B29EC9-542A-4E31-9C61-B9DA4AA0BF53.jpeg

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
Shape usually does matter. I prefer elongated stones like ovals or rectangular cushions or even that radiant cut above. She may not.

Is seems to me that she’s hoping for something nice and you’re really going out of your way to make that happen. I know my husband is never signing up on a jewelry forum to try and buy me a special gift. You are a peach. :kiss2:
Haha thanks. I owe her two push presents And I did not know that was a thing.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that’s it for me. I am thinking maybe you need to tell her a round light yellow sapphire is close to impossible to find and is out of budget anyway.

Let her know what you wanted to do for her and let her help you find it?

(And I’m old, so to me a push present is a baby and a dozen roses lol)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok one mor is thought—James Allen?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Yellow zircon? Zircon sparkles as much as a diamond. This one is 3cts and already set with plenty of diamonds and pavé (the little encrusted ones). Zircon is not suitable for everyday wear but great as a cocktail ring.

http://etsy.me/2k10byY

Also I don’t know if I am allowed to suggest moissanite here but it comes in a nice fancy light yellow color, just like a canary diamond.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is Truth. She is 5.57 carat. F9D3C9EF-7950-4479-BD5D-71DBEEB889CA.jpeg
She is currently being set in a diamond halo and will reappear here in due course.
The lighter colour yellow are generally a bit cheaper and well cut do look very much like a lemon diamond.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She is currently being set in a diamond halo and will reappear here in due course.
The lighter colour yellow are generally a bit cheaper and well cut do look very much like a lemon diamond.

:lol:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Wink wink say no more!

Will you be keeping her or listing her on LT?

But I feel like she has got a name and a personality now :love:, you might not want to let her go anymore!

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
Wow this is a lot of help thanks everyone. @Bron357 that's a nice color are you selling that?
I think this might end up not being a surprise present. Would have to consult my better half

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This sapphire is just magnificent. I love the light yellow color. I can’t wait to see the finished ring!

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
AirBrush_20180624221445.jpg what you think about this

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
@Bron357 I assume you're not selling if you just had it made. I think that color is on par with what Susie wants

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having a baby is the easy part!!! I would've liked a "got their sorry butts through high school and college" present. :lol:

That is why I have been buying myself presents lol. I’ve gotten 3 out of the door come September. Good, honesty, smart citizens too. Mama deserves jewelry!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results