shape
carat
color
clarity

Your 5 most pretty CS rings

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I cannot trim down to 5 so I’ll do 8 (actually, 9, as the chameleon diamond has a diamond stopper). :P2

FD0ED678-F13F-4DF1-8210-86460E43558D.jpeg DDC57E7D-A453-4BF9-B7B6-96F63B680143.jpeg

All absolutely drool worthy pieces. You know I love that pink and purple ring but they all slay me. From the paraiba to the emerald to the soft pad, I am completely smitten.
Ring goals for sure! :kiss2::mrgreen2:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've spent the last hour going through this thread for the THIRD time. Everything is too beautiful and too stunning for words. @Acinom you have outdone yourself!

So of course I want to play too. Here are my five favorites.
Starting from the left.
First is my blue sapphire. It was my first colored stone purchase and I still love it, nicks and chips and all. 2.5 cts, unheated with half moon diamonds.
Second is my new bi-color tourmaline that I bought in Tuscon, from the San Diego mine in CA. David Klass did the setting and his bezels are immaculate.
Third is the crazy, wavy aquamarine cut by John Dyer and set by David Klass. I've since found out that Amy did the design.
Fourth is my Isabella emerald, sourced and set by Caysie at CVB Inspried Design.
Last is my grandidierite, tiny and rare. It darkened a bit when it was set by my local jeweler, but it's still a bright little guy that makes me smile every time I wear it.

20180602_153710.jpg

The Hand Shot:

20180602_154322.jpg

I wanted to show the profile of the Wavy and the Isabella:

20180603_120855.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

I love your blues and greens!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry I cannot trim down to 5 so I’ll do 8 (actually, 9, as the chameleon diamond has a diamond stopper). :P2

FD0ED678-F13F-4DF1-8210-86460E43558D.jpeg DDC57E7D-A453-4BF9-B7B6-96F63B680143.jpeg

Lol looking forward to visiting you again to see your new lovelies!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Beyond beautiful collection. It would be really nice to see them IRL. Will you be stopping by Texas anytime soon? My house is always ready for guests...:wavey:

I know some of them but not all.
In the hand shot, the top pink on the middle finger. Is that a sapphire? I remember your design process but can't remember what the stone is.
And on the ring finger, what is the blue stone?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beyond beautiful collection. It would be really nice to see them IRL. Will you be stopping by Texas anytime soon? My house is always ready for guests...:wavey:

I know some of them but not all.
In the hand shot, the top pink on the middle finger. Is that a sapphire? I remember your design process but can't remember what the stone is.
And on the ring finger, what is the blue stone?

I haven’t been to Texas! Usually I go to the common spots people go to...Cali, Florida....East Coast...Thanks for the offer!

The pink in the middle finger is a pink spinel and in the ring finger is an emerald.... it registers one blue but a medium green irl.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Seaglow what kind of stone is the large green cab? It’s stunning

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking at this thread for the first time because I no longer spend very much time on this forum. Not only am I blown away by the beauty of the stones I keep seeing in frame after frame, but I am blown away to think about how many of you have such spectacular individual collections. I think I only own three colored stone rings that would be worthy of going into this thread and none of them holds a candle to some of the stones some of you have posted, some of you who have had to pare down the number of rings you posted to five!

I recognize names of people I haven't seen posting for years and remember what gorgeous jewelry you had. And, of course, there are many of you with whom I never lost touch because you post elsewhere on Pricescope!

At any rate, thank you for the eye candy. I have to resume looking now. I had some questions about stones I saw in this thread and I want to see if I can solve my puzzles on my own or if I have to ask!

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my LAWD that ruby ring is to DIE for. My dream ring!!

weegem-

Weren't you the poster who had handfasting at your wedding?

Deb/AGBF

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
64EF810A-CC9D-4D50-9947-D2184548CE24.jpeg
GemobsessedRings.png

I wanted to say the same thing. I was particularly interested in the green stone and who cut it. Are you still reading this thread, Gemobsessed?

AGBF
(A Girl's Best Friend)

@AGBF , the green stone is cut by Troy Richardson of Excess Designs. The cut is called void reaver by arts akhavan. I’ll be asking him to cut another in the same design for me, I love it so much! Sparkles like a diamond. Here is a better pic

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
64EF810A-CC9D-4D50-9947-D2184548CE24.jpeg

@AGBF , the green stone is cut by Troy Richardson of Excess Designs. The cut is called void reaver by arts akhavan. I’ll be asking him to cut another in the same design for me, I love it so much! Sparkles like a diamond. Here is a better pic

That is simply gorgeous, Gemobsessed. Thank you for posting another photo!

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have seen many gorgeous new rings arriving? Any more favourites to share? Or has your top 5 favourites changed?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2. Mahenge Spinel in scalloped setting by Yvonne Raley.

Side note, I'm going to reset the mahenge next year since the setting has oxidized on me, apparently I can't wear silver!

IMG_2846.JPG

I REALLY like the Mahenge in the oxidized setting. I know it's not what you planned but I think it looks great like this. :D

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Stone Hunter, thanks you, it's a little dark for me (the setting) but I like the design of it so I've just left it as is. I have a tendency to oxidize silver so I can't wear it anymore.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Stone Hunter, thanks you, it's a little dark for me (the setting) but I like the design of it so I've just left it as is. I have a tendency to oxidize silver so I can't wear it anymore.

Could you reset the ring head onto a gold band? From what you say it sounds like your finger turns black with the silver. But I really like the oxidation and how it sets off the diamonds.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Stone Hunter, my finger actually doesn't turn black just the ring, also it's other silver rings so I know it's definitely me and not the silver. It is a very strange thing. Not sure how it would look with the gold but that's a great idea.

epgree

Rough_Rock
0377A321-576F-4E0C-9C12-4BAF58DB7DD6.jpeg AF783F27-2C52-4A32-A786-476D727E583F.jpeg
Here are mine in random order:
1. My vintage sapphire ring that I found in a dark local jewelry store. I found the stone after my search for a ruby ring did not work out. I could not afford the very pretty ruby ring I had found and decided to search for a sapphire instead. Love at first sight and I realised how difficult it is to buy a sapphire based on photo’s alone.
2. My Jeff Davies Asscher zircon in a Victor Canera multi sided pave halo ring. My second VC ring (the first was my OEC). I love the Asscher cut and I was so happy to find this beautiful teal zircon. I knew how I wanted to set the stone when I saw the pics. Blues and greens are my favourites and I have a huge love for zircons.
3. My Paraiba stone and setting by Leon Mege with french cut sides. I was mesmerized by Paraiba pieces I had seen on PS and was so happy to do this project. It was so weird to see the ring for the first time because of the weird color and glow!
4. My Precision Gem tourmaline in VC setting. Heavily inspired by PSer @SparkliesLuver who did a rough to cut stone project with the same rough! PS really sharpened my eye for great cuts and saturated colors.
5. Bespoke Gems Electric Blue topaz in VC Emily setting. I love love love all blues which makes it so difficult to only choose 5. Also a rough to cut stone project. I had a natural topaz cut around the same time which was really fun as several PSers had stones cut from the same mother stone. Mesmerizing blue.
I have many more favourite rings. I guess I have chosen these because they are in the blue/green color range, their saturation and cut.

These took my breath away. Jaw on the floor. Just found this thread and I'm absolutely in love. How many years do I have to be a determined collector to come up with an amazing collection like the ones here??? I only started a year ago!

This thread confirms my little hunch that I love colored gemstones more than white diamonds (though I'll never say no to those either :lol:)

epgree

Rough_Rock
I’m so glad you started this thread! Here are my 5 prettiest CS rings (in my opinion, of course). :mrgreen2:

45DFE1BF-E479-4230-81B5-7DFFF7C1D5FD.jpeg

1. My paraiba ring with a pink spinel halo in a David Klass setting. Nothing beats a paraiba in my book. That beautiful glowing Caribbean water vibe. :kiss2: I adore the contrast between the pink and the turquoise. I wear this one a lot!

2. My newest David Klass creation is also one of my prettiest. A bright green tsavorite in a unique floral halo. The green just pops in person and is a real stand out in my collection.

3. Teal tourmaline ring by David Klass. I love the color of this tourmaline. The perfect mix of blue and green. It was one of my first purchases and I had David set it in almost a full carat of diamonds. It’s gorgeously blingy.

4. My Mahenge spinel ring from CvB Inspired Designs. The Sienna solitaire is just perfection. It’s so light and delicate but with so many small details. Plus, it has that 3ct mahenge going for it. :kiss2:

5. My David Klass paraiba ring. This is truly a work of art. Just a lot of glowy goodness. I am crazy about this ring and I’m so grateful to @SparkliesLuver for giving her permission to use the design.

Absolutely stunning photo! Paraiba just went right to the top of my "must have" list.

Are you a blonde? Weird question maybe but it's just how I pictured you when I saw the color palate. :) And your user name is elle, so I'm thinking about legally blonde ;-)

epgree

Rough_Rock
This was so so hard but here is my top 5 in no particular order!

20180601_102931.jpg
1. Bespoke Gems sapphire - I went to see Doug about an oval and walked out with this. I'm funny about blues and this was an intriguing blue that won me over.

2. JD tourmaline - I've wanted an asccher in like forever. Green asccher in rose gold is all my dreams come true! The cut is mesmerising.

3. Yellow diamond ring by DBL - my ring of a lifetime. This was an indulgent purchase and I love it. Total movie star ring!

4. JD Chrysoberyl - saw this stone and sent JD a bunch of incoherent messages about it praying it hadn't sold already. The very affordable totally fancy setting was such a bonus.

5. Ruby heart - I loooooove heart shaped stones and just had to have this. I wouldn't have been happy with a ruby in any other shape. It's so cute and makes me smile.

What a gorgeous rainbow! They're like Skittles for grownups. Seriously, wow.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning photo! Paraiba just went right to the top of my "must have" list.

Are you a blonde? Weird question maybe but it's just how I pictured you when I saw the color palate. :) And your user name is elle, so I'm thinking about legally blonde ;-)

Nope, not blond. :lol: I always wanted to be but I was blessed with brown hair and brown eyes instead. Plus, I tried blond once but it looked terrible on me.:shock: I’ve dyed it red for years now...it suits my fair complexion. :P2

I loved those movies. She was pretty and smart (as every woman has a right to be). ;)2

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
:-o
This was so so hard but here is my top 5 in no particular order!

20180601_102931.jpg
1. Bespoke Gems sapphire - I went to see Doug about an oval and walked out with this. I'm funny about blues and this was an intriguing blue that won me over.

2. JD tourmaline - I've wanted an asccher in like forever. Green asccher in rose gold is all my dreams come true! The cut is mesmerising.

3. Yellow diamond ring by DBL - my ring of a lifetime. This was an indulgent purchase and I love it. Total movie star ring!

4. JD Chrysoberyl - saw this stone and sent JD a bunch of incoherent messages about it praying it hadn't sold already. The very affordable totally fancy setting was such a bonus.

5. Ruby heart - I loooooove heart shaped stones and just had to have this. I wouldn't have been happy with a ruby in any other shape. It's so cute and makes me smile.
Ohhhh the chrysoberyl!!!!!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I've spent the last hour going through this thread for the THIRD time. Everything is too beautiful and too stunning for words. @Acinom you have outdone yourself!

So of course I want to play too. Here are my five favorites.
Starting from the left.
First is my blue sapphire. It was my first colored stone purchase and I still love it, nicks and chips and all. 2.5 cts, unheated with half moon diamonds.
Second is my new bi-color tourmaline that I bought in Tuscon, from the San Diego mine in CA. David Klass did the setting and his bezels are immaculate.
Third is the crazy, wavy aquamarine cut by John Dyer and set by David Klass. I've since found out that Amy did the design.
Fourth is my Isabella emerald, sourced and set by Caysie at CVB Inspried Design.
Last is my grandidierite, tiny and rare. It darkened a bit when it was set by my local jeweler, but it's still a bright little guy that makes me smile every time I wear it.

20180602_153710.jpg

The Hand Shot:

20180602_154322.jpg

I wanted to show the profile of the Wavy and the Isabella:

20180603_120855.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
Love the last pic!!! Lovely profile.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
:love:
356177C6-47BE-497C-AE35-133E1F173C10.jpeg View attachment 630449 A230C5EB-39BE-4170-A020-6435E62BDA90.jpeg 1C03583C-96DE-4C5F-BF91-8FF65C6DFAAC.jpeg 267C5BE4-8F96-4EED-BDF4-F2B0362D659D.jpeg F9341F2C-8784-4731-B285-5C6FC63BE535.jpeg 27610AEA-868F-4DCB-BFBE-75281C6C35EF.jpeg
Ok I’ll add in my favorite but it was hard to narrow down because I love them all for various reasons. I realize that I don’t have a huge color range in rings...mostly blues, blue/lavender, and greens. I also tend towards rounds, ovals and cabochons. My only stone with corners is the Topaz one

First is an aquamarine and 18k white gold and diamond ring. It is a part of a set with earrings which came from a generations old jeweler in Rome. What I love about it is the size and the style.

Next is my Colombian emerald ring with diamonds and 18k gold. Emeralds look terrible in my pics, so this does not capture the true color vividness of the stone. I haven’t gotten around to repairing two prongs on it yet.

Next is a handmade ring for a Brazilian topaz. I call it my ‘shard’ ring, and I love the soft colors and setting contrasted with the dramatic, sharp shape.

This doesn’t count really, but it’s my E ring, a mid toned Ceylon sapphire.

Finally, my 2 star sapphire rings. The large one is an Art Deco piece. This is my favorite because of the diamond work and size, though the other is more ‘perfect’. I just LOVE star stones.
Love the star sapphires

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So many beautiful rings here! Wow. I'm just :drool:!! Unusual, wonderful, cheerful colors!

Here's my pick;

5ps1gvz.png

1. Sapphire and diamond, it's the one I reach for most often if I want some color in my day. Goes with anything.

FMPcHx5.jpg

2. 1ct pear diamond with two baguette diamonds, I really like the shape and color of the pear. Nice and fat, champagne colored, sparkles just like champagne too. Another easy to reach for ring!

06waT2l.png

3. Tourmaline with three tiny diamond accents. Deep and delicious color. I don't wear it often but I like having it around just to spice up my jewelry box!

QR49V8g.gif

4. Miniscule pink diamond in halo. I love this for stacking. For such a tiny thing, it sure sparkles like mad!

QLzWXen.png

5. Finally, this ostentious garnet & diamond ring! I could never wear it but it makes me happy just to look at.

No deep or interesting stories for any, I just like 'em. :P2

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many beautiful rings here! Wow. I'm just :drool:!! Unusual, wonderful, cheerful colors!

Here's my pick;

5ps1gvz.png

1. Sapphire and diamond, it's the one I reach for most often if I want some color in my day. Goes with anything.

FMPcHx5.jpg

2. 1ct pear diamond with two baguette diamonds, I really like the shape and color of the pear. Nice and fat, champagne colored, sparkles just like champagne too. Another easy to reach for ring!

06waT2l.png

3. Tourmaline with three tiny diamond accents. Deep and delicious color. I don't wear it often but I like having it around just to spice up my jewelry box!

QR49V8g.gif

4. Miniscule pink diamond in halo. I love this for stacking. For such a tiny thing, it sure sparkles like mad!

QLzWXen.png

5. Finally, this ostentious garnet & diamond ring! I could never wear it but it makes me happy just to look at.

No deep or interesting stories for any, I just like 'em. :P2

Your ring collection is stunning!!! I love them all. Gorgeous combo of refined and elegant rings and beautiful bold big rings. The big rings look beautiful on your hand. Hope you will wear them more often in the future

You have the most amazing hands! Real hand model hands.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results