shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone sell antique SETTINGS with center stone removed?

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Are there any dealers who sell antique settings where the primary stone has been removed? We purchased an OEC years ago from the Diamond District in NYC.... I really wish I could remember the name of the store!! I told the owner how much I loved antique settings, and he pulled out a huge box full of them! He only deals in loose diamonds, so when they come in in a setting, he just plucks them out and puts the setting in a box that was collecting dust. He said he has no use for them, and let me have one for free with the purchase of my stone!! Picture below... Any thoughts on where these original settings can be found?

IMG_2046.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous ring and stone (we need more pics, by the way!). I'd check with Israel Rose in NYC (aka New York Estate Diamonds). I saw some empty settings there the last time I visited. You can also find tons of them on eBay, just check the return policy before you purchase.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d email Erica at LAD. Awhile back she had a bunch, but haven’t seen many lately. Antiqueengagementrings.com has some and makes excellent reproductions.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adam at Old World Diamonds. He's in the Diamond District I believe and they are big sellers of antique diamonds. People have bought antique settings from him before.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for the suggestions! :)

glitterglitter

Rough_Rock
Premium
I am on a similar journey. There was a great store I intended to get my e-ring setting from and it closed bc the owner retired...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results