carat
color
clarity

Inclusion plot and dimensions

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi there

In part of my educating myself on diamonds I have come across a 60/60 stone that is beautiful in person! Very bright and sparkly - lovely pastel colours outside on an overcast day! It really was beautiful to my eye! Nicer
outside than under store lighting and no darkness that I could see! Eye clean with no black, I could only see the cloud near 9 o clock in the loupe!

But looking at the plot and dimensions what are your thoughts on the inclusions and angles! To me they are complimentary and it gets a 1.7 hca score. Within AGS0.

Would love any comments on paper and eye approval when not having aset etc to view anything further!

I understand if it looks lovely to me that is what matters but I would like to know if there is anything else to think about when trusting paper and eyes only.

49FE31E9-652F-4120-ABD2-F4D43E9AE722.jpeg

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If setting in a ring, pronging over the 9 o’clock cloud would be a viable option as the other clouds under the table are a lot smaller. Having said that, sounds like it was eye clean to you when viewing sans loupe.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's SI clarity, I'd want an expert opinion on whether the cloud is affecting brilliance negatively, the usual eye clean question, but on paper it looks good, nice proportions. What's the colour grade please?

I'd also want the diameter measurements and polish and symmetry grades.

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Lorelei

The stone is an
E SI1
2.66ct
8.85mm x 8.91 x 5.40
Gia xxx

I can’t see anything other than the cloud at 9oclock through the loupe. All white inclusions and eye clean from all angles.

On the hca it is within the AGS0 white lines and also gia xxx.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Lorelei

The stone is an
E SI1
2.66ct
8.85mm x 8.91 x 5.40
Gia xxx

I can’t see anything other than the cloud at 9oclock through the loupe. All white inclusions and eye clean from all angles.

On the hca it is within the AGS0 white lines and also gia xxx.

Thank you, that all looks in order, should be a lovely diamond.

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Lorelei it really is a lovely stone and I’ve been wondering how much I should rely on my eyes and the cert only! It’s nicer to me than the hearts on fire stones I’ve seen in real life which makes me think I like the 60/60 ‘flavour’ as I’ve only seen other super ideals in videos!

As an aside, what would you or others think this would be priced at? Given size and colour, I’ve struggled to find comparison pricing as they seem to range from around $36k - $50k and over but with different dimensions!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lorelei it really is a lovely stone and I’ve been wondering how much I should rely on my eyes and the cert only! It’s nicer to me than the hearts on fire stones I’ve seen in real life which makes me think I like the 60/60 ‘flavour’ as I’ve only seen other super ideals in videos!

As an aside, what would you or others think this would be priced at? Given size and colour, I’ve struggled to find comparison pricing as they seem to range from around $36k - $50k and over but with different dimensions!

Then you know what you like as you've seen both types and nothing wrong with that, HoF are among the most beautifully cut stones in the world and if you like this one, that says a lot.

Do what Garry says, get expert eyes to check it out, they can give you a good idea on actual value too ( not inflated appraisal values that come with the stones usually). It's a big stone and it's well worth doing this, especially with the clouds.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they have a return period, you could send to Neil Beaty as he is very familiar with ideal cut stones and PS. Of course, if you live near an independent diamond/jewelry appraiser, that would be nice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results