shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC Diamond District Setting Vendors?

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Taking a quick weekend trip to NYC in a couple days and wondering if anyone knows of some reputable vendors who sell settings in the diamond district? I have a tsavorite that my husband cut for me, so it's quite sentimental, and I'm dying to have it set into a ring. However, I'm looking for platinum (my impression is this might be slightly harder to find than gold), and I'd need an overnight turnaround on setting my stone - or they could mail it back to me, I suppose. I've done a few searches on these forums to see vendors who have been recommended in the past, but I'm hoping someone might have more recent info. The only one I'm aware of and have worked with before is ID Jewelry. I'll definitely stop by there, but my last project with them was a pair of bezel stud earrings. When I told Yekeutiel I needed them in platinum instead of white gold due to an allergy, he looked askance at me. He got it done, but implied it was a bit of a pain to do them in platinum and so my guess is that they won't have very many platinum ring settings for me to look at.

Thanks for any info!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They'll have settings but please verify in advance if they'll set an outside stone.

There is also Diamonds by Lauren, brilliantly engaged, Leon mege and Steven kirsch all in the same area. Please call ahead to make appointments and verify that they will set outside stones , so that they will have things available to show you. Some of these vendors are in office type settings.

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
PintoBean: Good point about the outside stone issue.

Unfortunately the other vendors you mentioned are way out of my price range for this ring (with the possible exception of DBL?). I'm only looking to spend $1500-2000 tops.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean: Good point about the outside stone issue.

Unfortunately the other vendors you mentioned are way out of my price range for this ring (with the possible exception of DBL?). I'm only looking to spend $1500-2000 tops.
That would give you IDJ, BE and DBL depending on the style of setting. This is something to also talk about in advance - budget and style

ChanterelleJ

Rough_Rock
Premium
By all means, be careful when shopping around in the NY diamond district. Many sharkish people out there :shock:

What style of setting do you have in mind? Halo, three stone, solitaire? I may have a nice NY jeweller in mind, depending on the type of setting. Oh, and is your tsavorite a standard / calibrated size?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BE does indeed set outside stones. Definitely call ahead for an appointment. Certainly it never hurts to see what they have and, on a personal note, found them to be quite affordable for what you can get.

I also believe that it was IDJ that people went to. Call them too, super friendly and worth it for the money.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results