shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I FINALLY got to try the Jasmine Rouge and I was not disappointed! My local Bloomingdale's has the full collection. I will absolutely be purchasing it whenever I can get a discount on it!

Is there any benefit besides price per ounce to buying the large decanter? Is it a PITA to then pour it out into an atomizer? Or it is easier to just buy the smaller spray bottle?

Prada Infusion d'Iris and Chanel 13.5 oz bottles came with a fill bottle and a metal funnel.

I've never purchased the bigger bottles of TF but from what I understand, the biggest bottles don't have a sprayer, and, of course TF wants you to buy THEIR atomizer (over 300 dollars!! :eek2::cry2:)

Getting your own means you have to decide what size bottle you want (FYI 15ml is a great carry size!), and, then decide if you want to funnel or pipette the smell good into the bottle.

Personally, I like pipettes.

If you go the pipette route, which makes life easy as you don't have to pick up that big bottle, get a 3ml graduated plastic with the bulb end, and get at least a dozen to start with. (may as well make it worth your while!)

I clean my pippets before use with a little grain or perfumer's alcohol. Everyone dosen't need that, I need that...lol

I do re-rinse after use. This is not to remove the smells per se, but perfume can go bad in those things and you want to lessen the chance of it smelling and, leaking all over the place! rinse, hang so the bulb is pointed to the ceiling, and let it dry before using again. Otherwise, chuck in the recycle bin and use a new one the next time.

For bottles, as this is longterm and personal (and you want to reuse) get one with a glass insert. Or a glass bottle.

I went on Amazon and typed in "Travel Perfume Atomizer Spray Bottle 15ml" you'll find a lot of them with glass inserts.

If you just want a plain glass bottle with a sprayer, you can go that route too.

Some will come with a funnel, some will not. A small perfume funnel will work if you want to give it a go.

More specialized perfume decanting sources

http://www.affwebshop.com/atomizers/
http://www.affwebshop.com/funnels-16-5mm-to-55mm-beakers-pipettes/

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge temp drop since Saturday , went from spring back to snow.
Traversée du bosphore to fight the cold ...brrrrr...

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you ladies have any suggestions for a new scent for DH? He wears Bleu but has worn it for so long he's nose blind. Macy's has 15% off so now's the time!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you ladies have any suggestions for a new scent for DH? He wears Bleu but has worn it for so long he's nose blind. Macy's has 15% off so now's the time!

Does he like citrus? I love Jo Malone Lime, Basil & Mandarin and my dh enjoys wearing (and he smells good!) Crabtree Lime. Another good one on him is Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent. Gosh he has so many I love on him. Here are a few of my favorites. I love Carthusia Mediterraneo too. Jack Black, Tuscany are good too. Too many to list all of them but if there isn't one here that your dh likes I will go through my dh's entire collection. For now here are a few of my favorites that he wears.

Haha hope he doesnt mind me going through his collection and displaying a few of my favorites :lol: I will put it back later I promise.:halo:

gregperfumes.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's some you should smell:

Bond No 9 WallStreet (not sure if at Macy's?)
Prada Luna Rossa smell the entire line, there's a few out there. I didnt dig the sport version but still worth smelling)
Prada Amber Homme Intense
YSL La Nuit L'Homme
Gucci Guilty Absolute (also try the black version)
Cartier Declaration Parfum (also try Declaration D'un Soir Intense...he had better like rose)
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Aramis (personally I really love it, but well, I love lots of stuff...lol)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sotd:
L'AP tea for two.

In the afternoon l layered it with a spritz (well, 5 :oops:) of Hermes Citron noir on top of my coat. This really works. Gives a bit of brightness to the drydown of TfT. The smoke of TfT balances the burnt rubber note in.CN and takes the harshness off of that burnt rubber.
he combo gets a tad edgier and rougher than each single scent. Very pleased with the experiment.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I layered 2 Guerlains; Le Parfum du 68 and Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea. They do indeed work together, mostly bound by the orange blossom in both. FN can be flighty so LePd68 grounds it. I will try this again on another day :geek2:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I didn't wear even a whiff of anything. I took a shower, that was my big accomplishment. Pushing a spray button would have been too much more energy.

I'll try to be more civilized tomorrow.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sotd:
L'AP tea for two.

In the afternoon l layered it with a spritz (well, 5 :oops:) of Hermes Citron noir on top of my coat. This really works. Gives a bit of brightness to the drydown of TfT. The smoke of TfT balances the burnt rubber note in.CN and takes the harshness off of that burnt rubber.
he combo gets a tad edgier and rougher than each single scent. Very pleased with the experiment.
Would love to hear more about Citron Noir!

Also :wavey: perfume thread! I'm an original member of the big fragrance forum. Always nice to chat about perfume on another forum .

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope today will be a better day @ksinger!
When I am out of energy, sometimes perfume is a great pick me up.

Yes, @daneshpastry, I love the perfume forums as well.

Citron noir is very juicy, zesty lemon . It is not mainly FRESH and bright, but more sweet (I don't get any sugar notes per se, just the feel of a juicy sweet lemon). Later on it's softened with faint vanillic-milky notes- I'd take a guess at a little Tonka.
(ETA, looked it up, they note Coumarin).
On my skin it develops a tarry burnt rubber note (that I strangely don't pick up in Bulgari black at all). Unfortunately this burns my throat. I love tobacco notes or "smoke" notes most of the time, but this is very burnt rubber and too much for me personally.
On my clothes the rubber is more subdued and CN is a very pleasant , yet interesting scent. Its supposed to finished with oakmoss, but even the next day I wouldn't be able to single this out. The tarry rubber note dominates the woodyness.

I like the juxtaposition of juicy lemon and smoke, especially without adding any FRESH - chemical cologne note à la Davidoff Cool Water.
I think it's unisex and since it doesn't make sense to buy sth. that's not great on my skin, I 'll have DH test drive it... so I can steal some from time to time:lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carnal Flower today. I usually start tuberose and gardenia rotation around this time of the year. I love white flowers so much :love:

Last time I tried CF it was SOOOOOO GREEEN. I love green but it was very surprising to find that in CF like that.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing K de Mecheri Attar de Roses. I find it doesn't last as long as I would like, but by all thats mighty its beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when I am out of energy, sometimes perfume is a great pick me up.

Yes so true. I find fragrance can energize me or relax me depending on the fragrance. For example I love lavender and it really soothes me. I spray it before bed. And I find certain citrus scents to be energizing. My dh just chimed in and said he finds Monsieur Balmain to be a very energizing fragrance.

I think it's unisex and since it doesn't make sense to buy sth. that's not great on my skin, I 'll have DH test drive it... so I can steal some from time to time

Hahaha I do this too.:whistle:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing K de Mecheri Attar de Roses. I find it doesn't last as long as I would like, but by all thats mighty its beautiful!

Sounds so lovely. Wish I could wear rose fragrances but on me they smell just to perfumey if you kwim. Not pretty at all.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hope today will be a better day @ksinger!
When I am out of energy, sometimes perfume is a great pick me up.

Yes, @daneshpastry, I love the perfume forums as well.

Citron noir is very juicy, zesty lemon . It is not mainly FRESH and bright, but more sweet (I don't get any sugar notes per se, just the feel of a juicy sweet lemon). Later on it's softened with faint vanillic-milky notes- I'd take a guess at a little Tonka.
(ETA, looked it up, they note Coumarin).
On my skin it develops a tarry burnt rubber note (that I strangely don't pick up in Bulgari black at all). Unfortunately this burns my throat. I love tobacco notes or "smoke" notes most of the time, but this is very burnt rubber and too much for me personally.
On my clothes the rubber is more subdued and CN is a very pleasant , yet interesting scent. Its supposed to finished with oakmoss, but even the next day I wouldn't be able to single this out. The tarry rubber note dominates the woodyness.

I like the juxtaposition of juicy lemon and smoke, especially without adding any FRESH - chemical cologne note à la Davidoff Cool Water.
I think it's unisex and since it doesn't make sense to buy sth. that's not great on my skin, I 'll have DH test drive it... so I can steal some from time to time:lol:

Sound very interesting! TBH I'd love if Citron Noir had some extra weird notes - I have enough pretty citruses...a bit of rubber might not be so bad.

Wearing an old L'Heure Bleue EDC today (well - last night's remnants - we have strict no-fragrance policy at work, so I just have to remember what I wore when I got home).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
we have strict no-fragrance policy at work

Very interesting. I often wish there was a strict no fragrance policy on the subways haha because people in confined spaces wearing perfume (and generally too much) really can hurt one's senses. At work there was never a problem but on the trains ugh it can be painful at times. Eyes, nose, mouth all feel assaulted at once sometimes when riding an overcrowded over-perfumed subway car.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds so lovely. Wish I could wear rose fragrances but on me they smell just to perfumey if you kwim. Not pretty at all.

Rose in general is pretty perfumy. I have a few non mixed absolutes that smell like a pure parfum...lol But maybe less the rose than what its mixed with, or even perhaps the ratios? Granted though rose dosen't work for everyone.

I love big rose perfumes, and sometimes I just NEED rose to get me out of a blue funk.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose in general is pretty perfumy. I have a few non mixed absolutes that smell like a pure parfum...lol But maybe less the rose than what its mixed with, or even perhaps the ratios? Granted though rose dosen't work for everyone.

I love big rose perfumes, and sometimes I just NEED rose to get me out of a blue funk.

Makes perfect sense.

I'm in a winter funk right now:(. Any advice how to get me out of that?:oops2:

:sun:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Very interesting. I often wish there was a strict no fragrance policy on the subways haha because people in confined spaces wearing perfume (and generally too much) really can hurt one's senses. At work there was never a problem but on the trains ugh it can be painful at times. Eyes, nose, mouth all feel assaulted at once sometimes when riding an overcrowded over-perfumed subway car.

We're not even allowed to use perfumed shower gels - there's a woman here who is severely allergic. I feel bad for her - but I do miss my perfumes. :oops2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're not even allowed to use perfumed shower gels - there's a woman here who is severely allergic. I feel bad for her - but I do miss my perfumes. :oops2:

I get that. I definitely agree with the no perfume policy then because I feel for that poor woman. I also suffer from bad allergies and it can be debilitating at times. And it's OK because you can wear your beautiful perfumes the rest of the time. Also think of the money you save by not wearing fragrance at work. :halo:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Also think of the money you save by not wearing fragrance at work. :halo:

Lol - I wish that were the case. I have at least 150 bottles now collecting dust, and my shopping has not decreased!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol - I wish that were the case. I have at least 150 bottles now collecting dust, and my shopping has not decreased!

Haha you are in good company. I think it is something about the thrill of the hunt and the satisfying feeling of purchasing "stuff" whether it be perfume, diamonds, clothing, boots etc. We all have it to some degree. That is why we are here.:kiss2:
I say enjoy the hunt and as long as it doesn't break the proverbial bank it is good healthy fun.:appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makes perfect sense.

:sun:

April Aromatics Ray of Light. Not the most long lasting perfume, but it truly is beautiful.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hermès un Jardin en méditerannée. It smells EXACTLY like a hot summer afternoon in Ibiza. Not at the beach, but at my uncle's summer house on a hill. Rosemary and thyme shrubs, lavender bushes, a lemon tree and closer by the fig tree . Right down to the mineral smell of the hot slate.
It's conjures an instant memory for me and might work as an antidote to the snowstorm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
April Aromatics Ray of Light. Not the most long lasting perfume, but it truly is beautiful.

Hermès un Jardin en méditerannée. It smells EXACTLY like a hot summer afternoon in Ibiza. Not at the beach, but at my uncle's summer house on a hill. Rosemary and thyme shrubs, lavender bushes, a lemon tree and closer by the fig tree . Right down to the mineral smell of the hot slate.
It's conjures an instant memory for me and might work as an antidote to the snowstorm.

Thank you ladies! These sound beautiful and I am excited to try them!:appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amouage memoir extrait de parfum tonight(its gonna be chilly enough....yay!)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eau de rhubarbe écarlate plus myrrhe eglantine...
The sweet fruity tartness plays nicely avec the rosyness ...

I used to be very careful and not layer perfume much, but now I' m on a roll...

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Eau de rhubarbe écarlate plus myrrhe eglantine...
The sweet fruity tartness plays nicely avec the rosyness ...

I used to be very careful and not layer perfume much, but now I' m on a roll...

I feel like Hermes was almost meant to be layered - I'm not a fan of doing it myself, but it's so easy that I can't help myself with that brand. I like to layer Santal Masaoia with Narcisse Bleu.

Vol de Nuit for me me today.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results