shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Braided Band Solitaire

RockROC8

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I was never active in posting on this site, but I did want to thank all that do for helping me make a decision on my final engagement ring design. It was through all your posted pictures/discussions that allowed me to see what type of ring designs are out there, and who the legit suppliers were.

My girlfriend and I have had the discussion about marriage and when the time was right, she did want me to choose the design of the ring (because it would mean more to her); she did give me a couple of top-level criteria though: (1) no pave, (2) a non-generic band. Having zero experience in the field, I started researching early and consulted the internet and my jewelry savvy friends all about the 4C's. All signs eventually pointed towards either Victor Canera or David Klass for local LA jewelers, and GOG & WF for internet jewelers. I'm a guy who likes to see what I'm buying so I decided to go the local route, and the responsiveness and customer service from Victor and his assistant Nicholas were unparalleled. The piece that caught my eye was the Braided Shank Pave Solitaire (posted by bythebay), only without the pave. I thought it brought a simple but elegant/ethereal look that my girlfriend would love, and it also fit her criteria! After about 40-50 emails filled with questions over the course of 7 months (I wasn't in a rush), I finally bit the bullet and committed to the design and the ring was ready after a little over a week! Throughout the whole experience, VC and Nicholas were both extremely knowledgable and patient throughout our meetings.

The only thing I wish different was the ring box it came in. The box definitely wasn't bad, but I was anticipating a VC-branded box like the one in bythebay's photos. I was told their vendor doesn't supply those ones anymore or something, but they would let me know if they get some in stock later. Anyway, the point of this post was to let any future buyers interested in the same design see how CLEAN and amazing VC's braided shank looks, even without the pave! :dance:

IMG_2587.JPG IMG_2588.JPG IMG_2589.JPG

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! VC's braided shank is so graceful and timeless, and the ring overall is just stunning - congrats to you and your GF!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful setting! She's gonna love it!

Can you give us some specs on the stone pls? And what size is her finger? The proportions look very nice.

Congratulations and wishing you both every happiness!

RockROC8

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! VC's braided shank is so graceful and timeless, and the ring overall is just stunning - congrats to you and your GF!
Agreed - thank you in advance!

That is a beautiful setting! She's gonna love it!

Can you give us some specs on the stone pls? And what size is her finger? The proportions look very nice.

Congratulations and wishing you both every happiness!
Thanks! The stone is a 1.027 G-SI1 Canera Ideal Hearts & Arrows diamond and her finger size is a 5-1/8. Yeah, the proportions turned out great. I just asked him to make it very elegant looking and maximize focus on the diamond. :))

It looks stunning! How will you propose? I’d recommend getting a Mrs box for the special occasion (proposal) in her favorite color :) (I want one!)

https://themrsbox.com/
Ohhh fancy box. Without giving too much detail away until the admin changes my user name LOL, I plan to propose in a very scenic place, with hopefully a great naturey view. Matches the ring vibes ;)2

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - job well done!

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you! It’s a gorgeous ring and very unique band.

Best wishes to you and your future bride!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jeff Tse, Love this ring and band. Beautiful.:love:
Congratulations :appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Great job, I'm sure she's going to LOVE it!!! :love:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I’m sure, she is going to say YES!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful ring! I am sure that your SO will be very pleased! Can you please share stats on the center stone?

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is just stunningly gorgeous!! Absolute perfection. :love::love::love: You and Victor hit it out of the park and your girlfriend is going to adore it. I can't wait to see hand shots when the time is right!! Congratulations! :clap:

Last edited:

Shimmer45

Rough_Rock
Very nice!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful...his work is dreamy!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed - thank you in advance!

Thanks! The stone is a 1.027 G-SI1 Canera Ideal Hearts & Arrows diamond and her finger size is a 5-1/8. Yeah, the proportions turned out great. I just asked him to make it very elegant looking and maximize focus on the diamond. :))

Ohhh fancy box. Without giving too much detail away until the admin changes my user name LOL, I plan to propose in a very scenic place, with hopefully a great naturey view. Matches the ring vibes ;)2

Perfect :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His wire work is divine. I love how fine and exact it is. Wonderful clean, classic yet unique design. I am sure she will adore it. Well done.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic, timeless and modern.. Congratulations on your engagement!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, elegantly done. I’m sure she’ll love it! Congratulations, and come back with hand shots after the proposal!!

Here’s another store that does vintage velvet ring boxes. They offer different shapes and multiple slots too. I had one made and it was very nice.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BarkAndBerry

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! We will look forward to some hand shots after the proposal!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous ring! Congrats to you, well done!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So pretty. Welcome to the VCA club and happy engagement to you!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection!!!!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fun update to a classic look, congrats. Don't forget to come back with hand shots.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to this thread, as Victor's creation is just so gracefully gorgeous! Cannot wait to see more photos of this beauty!! :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very elegant! NEED. MORE. PICS. ;-)

RockROC8

Rough_Rock
Thanks all, will definitely come back with more pics afterwards!

Very beautiful ring! I am sure that your SO will be very pleased! Can you please share stats on the center stone?
It' a 1.027ct G-SI1 Canera Hearts & Arrows!

Beautiful ring, elegantly done. I’m sure she’ll love it! Congratulations, and come back with hand shots after the proposal!!

Here’s another store that does vintage velvet ring boxes. They offer different shapes and multiple slots too. I had one made and it was very nice.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BarkAndBerry
that's a nice box, but they don't ship to the US (its made in Russia, lol)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I really love the shank - so elegant. :love: Well done! Definitely come back with hand shots after the proposal. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! The ring is stunning!
Will your fiancee-to-be combine it with a wedding band or will she wear it as a standalone ring? Both options will be stunning.
Looking forward to admire the handshots

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results