shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage diamond bracelet - what era?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kgizo I'm sorry I have no info to share except for the fact that I love this sweet bracelet. It's blingy and beautiful. Looks vintagey but I just don't know from what decade. It's lovely.:love:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely!!! My guess is that it’s mid century....1950’s-1960’s. I love many of the jewelry designs from that era because the styles are influenced by a sense of hope, modernism, play, belief in the future. Sumptuous gems were used in to create bold pieces which were used for glam in the cocktail party culture in the 50’s and the space age dawning in the 60’s. This was an great time in other arts such as painting as well, following the start of abstract expressionism in the 40’s. The playful side diamonds on your bracelet is why I guess That the style is inspired by this time period.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2630CB8C-3866-4A96-B9AD-220E91AC69EF.jpeg also, my guess is based on this; Just for reference, ( not trying to thread jack) , I have this diamond emerald platinum bracelet, which is from the 50’s-60’s. Stylistically, it is not dissimilar to the one you posted.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4CC9BC9F-C1C9-46FF-9BBC-BF8C9B4B7755.jpeg A9DCB38B-16A4-4585-9C65-14EF84BC3623.jpeg Here are some additional examples of 50’s bracelets....these sway designs using diagonals and side stones were very beautiful and popular along with other styles in this time period. One can see an integration between the abstraction which came from the dawn of modern art, mixed with lines that remind one still of nature, in the insinuation of leaves, feathers, ect, combined with the energy and optimism of that time. The one you posted, and mine have some of these elements.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2630CB8C-3866-4A96-B9AD-220E91AC69EF.jpeg also, my guess is based on this; Just for reference, ( not trying to thread jack) , I have this diamond emerald platinum bracelet, which is from the 50’s-60’s. Stylistically, it is not dissimilar to the one you posted.

Ooh this is gorgeous @Bluegemz :love:. And a great example.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy and @Bluegemz.
@Bluegemz - Your bracelet is gorgeous! I love the pop of green with the diamonds. I was guessing it may be 50s, and your detailed comments and examples of 50s designs are super helpful. I didn’t realize the influence of nature on the designs at that time and can see it now. It’s so cool to have a better understanding of the history of jewelry.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy and
@Bluegemz - Your bracelet is gorgeous! I love the pop of green with the diamonds. I was guessing it may be 50s, and your detailed comments and examples of 50s designs are super helpful. I didn’t realize the influence of nature on the designs at that time and can see it now. It’s so cool to have a better understanding of the history of jewelry.
thank you, @kgio! I’m happy to be of some help!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It is definitely around the 50´s, nice bracelet!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing to add but just wanted to say that its beautiful!

I have a yellow gold and diamond bracelet that has not stood the test of time...I wonder if it will ever be considered "vintage" and be wearable again...
I'm thinking no.:roll2: Well, at least not in my lifetime!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results