shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing Carolina Herrera EDP. I like this the best in cold weather...can be cloying in the summer. In cold weather, I get an explosive blast of apricot and orange blossom. Quite mossy too! And of course there's that tuberose. Very verdant at the same time.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skiing in Tom Ford Black Orchid. Only dare this since it doesn't turn skanky on me and because we have a chalet to ourselves... wouldn't have been fair in a hotel :lol-2:

It ploughs through the layers of clothes without a problem and is very well behaved with mild sillage only, once it has arrived at the top layer..

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any better deal to buying fragrances from Tom Ford than when Sephora does 20 off? It would be quite the wait but I don't mind at these prices.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any better deal to buying fragrances from Tom Ford than when Sephora does 20 off? It would be quite the wait but I don't mind at these prices.

I just did a little search and it seems that Overstock sells some Tom Ford fragrances at a reduced cost so you might be able to find some deals there. Also tradesy offers some as well though I am guessing most of them have been opened. Another option is Basenotes-an online perfume forum. I don't belong anymore but members do trade and sell there as well. The Sephora 20% off sale is a pretty sweet deal too though if the timing works out for you.

https://www.overstock.com/Health-Beauty/Perfumes-Fragrances/Tom-Ford,/brand,/3467/cat.html

https://www.tradesy.com/search?q=tom ford perfume&tref=search

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skiing in Tom Ford Black Orchid. Only dare this since it doesn't turn skanky on me and because we have a chalet to ourselves... wouldn't have been fair in a hotel :lol-2:

It ploughs through the layers of clothes without a problem and is very well behaved with mild sillage only, once it has arrived at the top layer..

Ooh hope you are having a blast skiing and enjoying your vacation! I have to try Black Orchid again. I have a fairly large sample but never gave it a fair chance. Thanks for the reminder. Enjoy and be safe!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari have a blast skiing! I remember the first time I wore Black Orchid. Admittedly I was stupid, and did a quick 4 squirts in a department store as my friend was rushing me to leave.

As we got in the elevator, it got bigger. by the time we got to her car, it was ginormous! It was dead of winter and we drove with the windows down.:lol: She said that scent stayed in her car for over 2 weeks:lol-2:

I used to have a decant, I can't even wear it here so to my sister it went! BO VdF is not the total best that BO is. I was so sad when they discontinued that one. (never got a bottle though, likely it would not work down here anyway)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in hell today (working to meet a friday deadline) So I'm wearing Guerlain Angelique Noir. I need it. And my computer speakers aren't working (dammit!!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in hell today (working to meet a friday deadline) So I'm wearing Guerlain Angelique Noir. I need it. And my computer speakers aren't working (dammit!!)

Awww I’m sorry. Hope they’re working now or very soon and love Angelique Noir. Hope the day improves and at least you’re smelling so lovely. :appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww I’m sorry. Hope they’re working now or very soon and love Angelique Noir. Hope the day improves and at least you’re smelling so lovely. :appl:

Yes and I'm right here, because I'm in a partial avoidance mode:lol::P2 Seriously though it takes me a minute for some of this stuff, I have to think through some complex workflows so when I'm stuck, I try to do something else when I can.

And unfortunately my speakers are still not working. They were 20 dollars so not terribly expensive but still....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Got a sample of Jo Malone Mimosa/Card. Love it SO much. BUT gone in 60 seconds. Like nada nil nix nyet nuthin!:x2

Also sprayed a Oud by Kurdijan (spelling) and also got nothing, My perfume life is like that movie "Gone in 60 seconds".:lol-2:

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL welcome to the world of modern fragrances. Emperors new clothes indeed!
I'm wearing CdG Daphne. The too warm weather will soon be here and it will be at the bak of the closet. Gonna wear the hell out of it for the next few days :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dh is wearing one of my favorites on him today.
Diptyque L'Eau de Tarocco.

Has anyone here tried any of the Eccentric Molecules perfume line?
https://www.luckyscent.com/brand/308/escentric-molecules

I tried a few samples of different ones in the series and I don't get much from it. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this line.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I tried a few samples of different ones in the series and I don't get much from it. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this line.
I've tried a few and it was the same for me - not much..
A friend used to use molecule 01 and she smelled nice. But I wear perfume as much for me as for others, so even if I smell nice to others while wearing this, I wouldn't consider buying if I can't smell anything myself...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've tried a few and it was the same for me - not much..
A friend used to use molecule 01 and she smelled nice. But I wear perfume as much for me as for others, so even if I smell nice to others while wearing this, I wouldn't consider buying if I can't smell anything myself...

Thanks Kipari. I was thinking I was missing something and I appreciate you confirming I am not missing anything. I got a few samples and got nothing from them. I tried convincing myself yes there was a pretty smell but nope. It was just me :oops2: and my au natural (questionable if pretty) smell. :halo:
ANd I am with you. I wear perfume for me. And maybe a little for my dh but if I am being honest it is mainly for me and no one else.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wasn't in love with it. It smelled ok. No2 kinda like wet dog (a clean one at least!!) the other half couldn't smell a thing. As an experimentation I got a bottle of ambroxan, and a bottle of Iso-E (both are cheap as chips) essentially, add a few EO's which really cost next to nothing. The one with Ambroxan, yep same wet dog.:lol: It was a fun experiment though. IsoE for me can smell very harsh and almost too clean a bit like deoderant. Juliet Has a Gun Not a perfume is like that.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Alfred Sung Shi. Let me preface this by saying my bottle is older. Nonetheless, its a breath of fresh air that I need on a day like today. Thankfully not colone smelling but, its watery in its own way. I think its the combination of rice/ water lily that brings this about. Cheap too (was like 9 dollars at Marshalls at the time)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing Blue Santal Comme de Garcons today as I wait for our new oven/stove delivery.
Sandalwood, Pine, Juniper and salty. I like it. I'm in a blue but fresh kind of mood today.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a super strict policy when it comes to full bottles where I must finish a bottle before I can buy another full bottle. One bottle out, another bottle in...no exceptions! Otherwise I won't have the storage space for all the bottles. I am itching to buy a full bottle of anything, something, right now so I picked something I have a realistic chance of finishing and have been abusing it for a few days. Guerlain Champs Elysees EDP is my victim. It was a gift and there is something that's off putting in the top and middle notes so I can't wear it, but I started using it as a room spray and also filled all my diffusers in the house with a little bit of it. It's a bit ripe/aquatic/almondy at the same time and works ok as ambient scent!
image.jpg
Still have about 1/3 to go....hopefully it will all be gone in the next few weeks. I will be getting MDCI Peche Cardinal once I am done with this!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a bottle of Champs Elysees back in the day. Like WAAAAY back. I think it's one I never quite finished but gave away. I wonder what it smells like these days.

Well, I snagged another coveted unopened Chanel No 5, this time a lovely vintage EDT. It's as lovely as the EDC. Honestly, I can't really tell the difference. Oddly, if there is one, it's that the EDT is a bit softer than the EDC. Kinda strange, but they're both super old, so variation? And I'm just thrilled they smell so good. I had my SIL sniff the EDC, and she got all wide-eyed and said, "That smells fabulous! And I don't LIKE No 5! ;-)

Ah, the old juice! Sometimes you just can't beat it.

So yeah, I'm in a stretch of wearing it a lot, as in TODAY. ;-)

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
L'Artisan Tea for Two for tonight. Such a cozy, smokey scent. I dunno why they discontinued it???

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone tried Le Labo Santal 33? Looks very interesting and perhaps yummy.

Santal 33 Notes:
Australian sandalwood, cedarwood, cardamom, iris, violet, ambrox and leather accord.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, you might like this one. Australian sandalwood has a very intersting smell, like eucalyptis in a way. I get some wiffs of this because well...australian santal!! Its woody but its notes can be...interesting. Its got a certain freshness that on me can scream dill pickle for about 30 minutes at the beginning. Now, that might be whatever they're using to create the leather accord (likely) but well...yeah.

Can be quite dry. Last time I tried it was in wintertime, but springtime I like it most. why is a mystery. I feel that the dry air does this scent no favors. It can be quite woody in winter. In spring its not as woody, more of the notes come through. Violet to me reads as a sort of powdered sweetness but not really "violet" per se. Iris could also be helping the powdery feel.

The oil is much longer lasting and sits closer to the skin.

With the oil, a few times I would use a little rose oil. just a smidge because rose oil can be really really out there. IMO it balances that wood with something else...lol

But I urge you to try both to see which one clicks with you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, you might like this one. Australian sandalwood has a very intersting smell, like eucalyptis in a way. I get some wiffs of this because well...australian santal!! Its woody but its notes can be...interesting. Its got a certain freshness that on me can scream dill pickle for about 30 minutes at the beginning. Now, that might be whatever they're using to create the leather accord (likely) but well...yeah.

Can be quite dry. Last time I tried it was in wintertime, but springtime I like it most. why is a mystery. I feel that the dry air does this scent no favors. It can be quite woody in winter. In spring its not as woody, more of the notes come through. Violet to me reads as a sort of powdered sweetness but not really "violet" per se. Iris could also be helping the powdery feel.

The oil is much longer lasting and sits closer to the skin.

With the oil, a few times I would use a little rose oil. just a smidge because rose oil can be really really out there. IMO it balances that wood with something else...lol

But I urge you to try both to see which one clicks with you.

Thank you so much for the tip @Arcadian and I am going to order a sample based on your rec. Cannot wait for it to arrive. Thanks so much! You are a wealth of helpful information and not just on perfume! You rock!:appl:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just working my way through samples. I'm still on perfume detention (self-imposed).

Doing another round of Malle Iris Poudre. Iris but not a monster. I'm not in the mood for monster anything today.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just working my way through samples. I'm still on perfume detention (self-imposed).

Doing another round of Malle Iris Poudre. Iris but not a monster. I'm not in the mood for monster anything today.

I had this once opon a time. Great fragrance. I always felt this was a light purple cloud. fluffy. Just made my day you know? (maybe I'm a bit of an iris freak?:angel:)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this once opon a time. Great fragrance. I always felt this was a light purple cloud. fluffy. Just made my day you know? (maybe I'm a bit of an iris freak?:angel:)

Yes, I still can't identify notes all that well, but now I can spot iris instantly. Probably happened after I got a bunch of iris-themed samples. I find that I like iris too, but if it's very pronounced, I really have to be in the right mood, meaning Lutens Iris Silver Mist is not for casual wear. Iris Poudre is much closer.

However, in my not-so-strange way of describing scents in impressions rather than notes (purple and fluffy? :shock: :D ) , today I'm wearing Rosabotanica. I like it's peppery open. And I don't mean it smells like pepper, I mean I get an impression of tiny pinprick effervescent black spots before it settles down to smelling....transparent and green.

Thus ends my idiot (I'd like to say savant, but alas) description of today's fragrance.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita EDP. I need another bottle of this as its now discontinued.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is L de Lolita Lempicka pure parfum some call it heart catcher (same stuff different bottle) Yummshee. This is the gourmand side of Frederic Malle's Musc Ravanguer. Usually I get a bit more creme brulee, but today I get salted caramel in spicy orange sauce. (sounds gross, really is not) Being its a parfum you won't drown yourself in it (bottle is way too small...lol) or really kill anyone with the sillage. Longevity of course is always excellent

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Histores de Parfums 1969 @missy if you haven't tried it, maybe you should, seems to be right up your alley. To my nose its smack in the middle of unisex. You got pretty much everything; chocolate, cardamom, roses, patchouli, peaches, cloves(not heavy) Definitely some laundry soap musks in there too. Great that its not exactly heavy either, but I only used a couple of sprays....

The peach is natural, not candy like and mixes with the rose very well. The patch/chocolate is interesting. It was more chocolate on first spray, and changed to a herbal patch. I would say more for cooler climates. Its a bit warm here, and though its not totally crazy, I think I would probably wait to wear this on a much cooler day.

Lots of times you can find the 15ml sprayers for many of the scents for bout 35 bucks. (I think Sephora used to carry them but don't know anymore)..... Bigger bottles are like 2 and 4oz respectively.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results