shape
carat
color
clarity

Check out my new old mine cut

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! Steph, you're a girl after my own heart!
Gorgeous! Where did you find it?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, you're going to love this. Last week I scrapped some gold at this place my jeweler recommended, it's run by a retired cop. Found out they have an EBay store and looked through all their listings to find this mine cut. The pictures were HORRIBLE, these guys mainly deal in coins so pictures are not their strong point. Anyways went to see it in person today and it was so much better in person.

I also tried a transitional on and it was amazing F color but out of my price range, oh the cut was amazing though. So that is the story. I paid $400 after a little haggle.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I love a good story and a good deal!
And the best part is your amazing source!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, you and me both! Not going to frequent this place too often, could definitely get in trouble there! I also spotted an alexandrite but $900 way out of my budget but probably a good deal for what it is.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Nice! Love the style.

FM

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this ring @StephanieLynn and love the backstory too! Congratulations and woohoo for a good source of bling. OMG if you see any beautiful big OECs please let me know. That is the kind of trouble I enjoy if you (and I know you do) kwim.:appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a pretty stone! And the setting is very lovely & delicate. You're going to be spoiled for choice about which beautiful ring to wear!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your lovely comments, I think this is my sweet spot, something about these old cuts, especially the mines because they are irregular and imperfect so each is unique.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:drool: that stone is beautiful! Very still worthy! They just don't make them like they used to. The more old cuts i find here the more I want one!

I'm coming to the conclusion that PS is terrible for my wallet!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@metall, I feel your pain with the old cuts, I want every single one I see!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@metall, I feel your pain with the old cuts, I want every single one I see!

Ugh they are just so yummy! Each one is unique and wonderful in their own way.

You mentioned that this was found via an ebay store, would it be too forward if i asked you for the name of the store? Since you had such a lovely experience i wonder if it would be ok with you if i were to check out the transition cut you didnt get.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@metall, sorry I'm just getting back to you. I don't really want to post my source in an open forum of jewelry loving people since it is so hard to find a good reasonably priced place to buy jewelry locally in CT.

BUT if you contact me through LT I will share with you.
I am Sparkle4U, use the email address in one of my listings since the LT messages don't always go through. The transitional ring is missing a diamond (it is illusion set) but the stone itself is pretty.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@metall, sorry I'm just getting back to you. I don't really want to post my source in an open forum of jewelry loving people since it is so hard to find a good reasonably priced place to buy jewelry locally in CT.

BUT if you contact me through LT I will share with you.
I am Sparkle4U, use the email address in one of my listings since the LT messages don't always go through. The transitional ring is missing a diamond (it is illusion set) but the stone itself is pretty.

I 100% get it I will message you via email! PS needs a PM function!

Marissa Stewart

Rough_Rock
Premium
She got a vinegar and dawn bath today so she is looking all sparkly for the weekend! My sapphire band looks awful here thougn :confused2:

IMG_4994.JPG
I LOVE the contrast with the sapphire band :love: There is just something about those old mine cuts...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results