shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo setting with cushion cut diamond

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As of yesterday, no. But, ask them. Maybe a new thing which will be a huge pain.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No meaning no new policy I'm aware of. Sorry for ambiguous answer.

cdurant1000

Rough_Rock
Premium
I have a Cushion Cut halo and I love it. I can't remember why I didn't go with a round halo, but something about the cushion shape felt more me. This is a Christopher Designs ring. Here it is, please excuse my hand I just had surgery.
IMG_3355.jpg

crybaby

Rough_Rock
Premium
I’ve read that JA doesn’t put diamonds on hold anymore. Is that true?

I put one on hold 2/16.

So I'm not sure why they wouldn't let you put yours on hold.

ashjade

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Okay, thanks! I had just read somewhere that they weren’t doing it anymore - glad to know that isn’t true!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
8664CE0A-D261-462C-8D3B-64A6B821ECCA.jpeg 35A6AE90-806D-49BC-87DF-7E3AF220B728.jpeg OP
Have you contacted Chris at BE, he can source you the stone and they do beautiful halo work, see my avatar, not a good picture. My wife’s is round, they do other shapes

ashjade

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Also, which is most preferred:
GIA or AGS?

ashjade

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Update:
I had selected one diamond and asked if it had an ASET image
I was told that cushion cuts normally don’t have aset images (through James Allen, anyway) and that rounds usually do. But I’m dead set on a cushion, not a round. However, I was told the next best thing is to make sure the table and depth of the cushion are 59-69% and that will guarantee sparkle.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update:
I had selected one diamond and asked if it had an ASET image
I was told that cushion cuts normally don’t have aset images (through James Allen, anyway) and that rounds usually do. But I’m dead set on a cushion, not a round. However, I was told the next best thing is to make sure the table and depth of the cushion are 59-69% and that will guarantee sparkle.
Call and talk to someone else. JA usually provide Idealscope images for rounds and ASET for cushions.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

ashjade

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It seems as though the ags cushion cuts have aset images - but not the Gia. Is this normal?

ashjade

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ahh, that was the issue then. I was looking at gia instead of ags. The ags ones I see already have one aset image when I look at the certificate. So, I’m guessing ags is better than gia?

ashjade

Shiny_Rock
Premium
However, with my budget, I’ve found that the GIA cushion cut diamonds have more options than AGS. How can I tell if the GIA diamonds are good or not?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The AGS certification has light performance on the cert, GIA does not. In the past (as of a week ago), JA would provide ASET on all non-rounds. Even on AGS stones, an ASET with more detail can be very helpful as the ones on AGS are fewer colors and lower res (not good or bad, just describes the level of information). Botttom line, AGS is not better than GIA for cushions. If you can only get ASET on GIA, we'll just use what you can get to help evaluate these stones.

ashjade

Shiny_Rock
Premium
As of right now I can only get aset on ags - I’ll talk with someone else though, just to double check. I have 8 options saved right now, but they’re GIA, so no aset (unless the next person says they have one)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ashjade You could also cross reference the GIA numbers on the Enchanted Diamonds website search feature to see if they have any of them with the ASET images available!

ashjade

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just spoke with someone else, they said they do offer images for gia and ags but the Gia ones I’m interested in are overseas and no image is available.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results