shape
carat
color
clarity

Ear inflammation/ blockage and dizziness

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix, I don't have any personal experience with this, but my mother suffered balance issues. It went undiagnosed for a long time, and the doctors eventually determined she had a viral infection related to chemotherapy that damaged nerves in her ear drums that caused severe balance issues/dizziness/etc and presented similar to Vertigo. She had very good luck controlling her symptoms with biofeedback and neurofeedback. She also did physical therapy where she would lay down on a platform that rotated 180d up and down so her head would be below her heart (sounds similar to what your doctor did putting your head below the table). I hope you're able to get to the bottom of this.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, I don't have any experience with this but I am thinking of you, praying for you, and hoping for a full recovery. Many gentle hugs.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari, many many many thanks once again for responding with details. I just called the ENT and they said that mine is a low-frequency hearing loss!:(sad The first test's reading on 17th Nov was 35 dB and the one done a week later on the 24th Nov was 30dB. So, there was a slight improvement. I haven't done another test since the second test, but will be having one done this coming Friday when I see the ENT again. I will ask him to refer me to physiotherapists and/ or osteopaths too.

That's awful what happened to your DH. You said the first crisis was brought on by a viral infection, like mine? You said his hearing loss has not regained, but has there been any improvement in his hearing test readings at all? And the ear blockage, you said he had/has it. But has it become less severe with treatment? I read that with Meniere's, the hearing loss remains and may even worsen over time!!;( Moreover, one of the main issues I have is not just the dizziness but the blocked/ tender (actually more painful) feeling in the left ear.

Tell me pls: Is an otolaryngologist the same as an ENT? It appears so, but I just want to make sure.

Thank you soooo soooo much, @kipari. I will bear in mind everything you've said and will follow your advice.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn’t read each post but I was curious when exactly are you dizzy and is it only happening when you are up and about?

All the time, not just when I am up and about.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I hope you find relief sooner rather than later.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix, I’m so sorry that you are going through this :’( i hope you recover fully soon! If you are looking for more suggestions and contacts in Singapore, I think reddit.com/r/Singapore might be able to help with TCM/physio suggestions if any of them happen to have experienced this before (from the responses here it seems like it’s not uncommon). At the very least they may have some reputable TCM contacts.

My heart goes out to you, it really really really sucks. Sorry that you aren’t well :/

Edit: I just made a post on Reddit asking for help, they may or may not have contacts to share, I’ll report back if they do :)

Thank you sooo much, @jadesilver. So kind of you.

I will look into reddit.com. If you do hear back from any of them, I'd be very grateful if you could please let me know.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@kipari and @BlingObsession , did your DH/ you suffer from any issues related to his/your eyes and/ or neck? I seem to notice that I now have a slightly blurred vision, noticeably more in my left eye, so same side where the affected ear is. Also, I have slight pain/ ache in both sides of my neck. Wrt the latter, I am seeing a chiropractor who seems to think all the conditions are related to my ear inflammation and dizziness.

Also, @kipari, how did your DH know whether to see a physiotherapist or an osteopath?

Hi Pheonix - I don't have positional vertigo so unfortunately the physio/osteo didn't help at all. Yes, when I had the worst of the attacks my vision was disturbed quite badly - I was seeing triple of everything - when it stayed still long enough for me to count, that is. After the attacks passed, my vision was still a bit off and my balance remained off. I always feel like I'm a little drunk (without any of the fun) so have to be a bit careful when walking along the edge of the footpath or train platforms because any slight distraction and over I go. Don't get me wrong, I'm not weaving around like I've just finished a champagne brunch, but mostly I feel a bit like I just got off a boat and every now and then, the earth moves for me even though I'm standing perfectly still. My ear always feels "full" - that's the only way I can describe it. My jaw and ear aches sometimes. I do take diuretics from time to time, particularly when I'm retaining fluid. I also take antihistamines sometimes too to help combat environmental allergies like hayfever and dust.

The human body is a strange thing though and I have adjusted mostly to the tinnitus, the motion, the noise sensitivity, etc. Mostly, I just try and ignore it. I believe the first couple of years are the worst - the attacks the most violent and debilitating then it gradually eases.

Hopefully, this is not what you have and you will make a swift recovery. Here's praying for you!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think ENT is the same as Ota(rhino)laryngoly.
:(sad to the low frequencies.
DH s hearing improved some, like yours, but the "problem"ear never really recovered more than that, I'm afraid. I hope this will be different for you.
We aren't sure whether the cause was viral in his case, because it was full on hayfever season. The symptoms are exactly the same.
What I do know is that he had the symptoms for a few days but dismissed them because he was used to suffering through allergy season. When the slight dizziness and blocked ear set in, he ignored it.
Well then we went to a restaurant with his family(16 at the time), which added the noise.
He said he needed fresh air and then pretty much broke down /passed out outside.
Today we're both convinced that he could have averted this by simple rest.

Like @BlingObsession said: the tinnitus and hearing loss he learned to just ignore over time.
He's carefully watching the other warning signs.
The actual blocked feeling in his ear went away after about 8-10 weeks and only comes back as a warning sign.
I asked him and he does get blurred vision as well, when he's unwell.
I'm sorry, @Phoenix and @BlingObsession , that you're suffering from this.
I have gained the feeling that this is not a very uncommon condition, yet medicine doesn't seem to fully understand it.
Also it is extremely unsettling and uncomfortable (euphemism). I'd also like to add that being unable to work for such extended periods of time does also add another dimension of pressure to this condition.
Yet we did not get the impression that anyone took an extended effort to gather ALL AVAILABLE information how to manage it or avert the attacks.
The fact that for instance the vestibular reeducation with the rotating chair is pretty standard in France, yet unknown in Germany leaves me puzzled and angry. Everything we pieced together works pretty well for DH and I hope some bits of information are useful for others.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had a good cry. I am beginning to realise the severity/ hopelessness of this. 3 f... months and no sign that's it's abating! It really does look like I have Meniere's.;(

Had to let that out!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Phoenix, I’m so sorry that this has happened. I really hope it’s not Menières or if it is, it goes into remission. I sometimes get extended periods (2-3 days) of mild vertigo and spins - these are horrible enough that my heart goes out to you having to endure so much more.
Nothing useful I’m sorry, just really hoping for you to get better soon

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Pheonix - I don't have positional vertigo so unfortunately the physio/osteo didn't help at all. Yes, when I had the worst of the attacks my vision was disturbed quite badly - I was seeing triple of everything - when it stayed still long enough for me to count, that is. After the attacks passed, my vision was still a bit off and my balance remained off. I always feel like I'm a little drunk (without any of the fun) so have to be a bit careful when walking along the edge of the footpath or train platforms because any slight distraction and over I go. Don't get me wrong, I'm not weaving around like I've just finished a champagne brunch, but mostly I feel a bit like I just got off a boat and every now and then, the earth moves for me even though I'm standing perfectly still. My ear always feels "full" - that's the only way I can describe it. My jaw and ear aches sometimes. I do take diuretics from time to time, particularly when I'm retaining fluid. I also take antihistamines sometimes too to help combat environmental allergies like hayfever and dust.

The human body is a strange thing though and I have adjusted mostly to the tinnitus, the motion, the noise sensitivity, etc. Mostly, I just try and ignore it. I believe the first couple of years are the worst - the attacks the most violent and debilitating then it gradually eases.

Hopefully, this is not what you have and you will make a swift recovery. Here's praying for you!

@BlingObsession , thank you for your detailed reply. I don't understand though how you have positional vertigo. Did yours not start with a virus? How did you determine that you have positional vertigo and that physio would not help? Sorry, I am still learning about this stupid thing!!

Yeah, what you've described is what I have and feel most of the time, except that my vision is a little burry and am not seeing double or triple. The fullness/ throbbing pain in my left ear is probably what I'd describe as the worst symptom, followed by the feeling of being dizzy, and I have to lean onto things lest I fall or faint again!

Funny you mentioned about feeling like you're drunk. I don't even drink but I'd KILL for a drink right now, except that I can't bc I know it'd exacerbate the condition hugely!!

I can't believe you had to suffer the most for the first 2 years! That's a loooong time!! and that you still have symptoms is not good either. I am sending you HUGS!! It really does suck!:(sad

Here's to hoping that the symptoms ease over time, for both of us, and for anyone else who may also be suffering from this. Thank you again for your kind words.

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry Phoenix. I fully understand your feelings and I hope I didn't freak you out more than being helpful on top of everything.

I just try to work through situations as scientifically as possible and as informed as possible. Didn't get the impression that "professionals" were all that helpful outside their very specific window of expertise.

Between blingObsession and DH and all the cases I've heard of, things DO get better with time.
If you prefer to talk offline, let me know.
I'd create a listing on LT.
Hugs to you!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry Phoenix. I fully understand your feelings and I hope I didn't freak you out more than being helpful on top of everything.

I just try to work through situations as scientifically as possible and as informed as possible. Didn't get the impression that "professionals" were all that helpful outside their very specific window of expertise.

Between blingObsession and DH and all the cases I've heard of, things DO get better with time.
If you prefer to talk offline, let me know.
I'd create a listing on LT.
Hugs to you!

Oh no! You've been super super helpful. I'd rather know than not know, so I can actually do something about it. It's bad enough to be sick, it's worse not knowing what the heck you have. Knowledge is goooood!! It's just the realisation that I most probably have Meniere's ; the ENT did actually say I have this - without explaining the reasoning behind his opinion. I didn't have the information to piece it all together. I was virtually in the dark for 14 weeks, since I caught the virus (13 weeks since I passed out).

It is astounding actually, like you said, that the medical profession can't seem to pinpoint the management of the problems nor prevention of the attacks.:rolleyes:

I will continue to monitor this and read as much as possible and follow up on the avenues you mentioned too. It does also sound like the symptoms ease off over time. It's just that I thought I was getting better, only to relapse!

That's be really great if we could speak offline. Are you sure it wouldn't be too much trouble for you? I feel bad that I am bothering you. You've been most helpful, I cannot tell you how grateful I am. I am learning much more since yesterday than I did the last 3 months.

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad if I can help at all.

Check LT and look for the Eiffel tower.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I get vertigo once in a while but nothing like you are going through. I learned so much reading this thread. Scary.......be safe.

FM

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't understand though how you have positional vertigo. Did yours not start with a virus?

Hi Phoenix - I think you misread my message. I DON'T have positional vertigo - that is why the osteo/physio didn't help me at all. Yes, mine did start with a virus - at least, that is the assumption of the medical professionals. No one really knows for sure what causes Sudden Hearing Loss Syndrome which was how my whole thing started. Many doctors have never even heard of it.

It's good to have a cry - releases some of the stress. It is a shock and it is a horrible thing to have to get used to but indeed you do. The more relaxed you are about it (I know that is impossible at this early stage) the easier your body deals with adjusting to the new normal. Hopefully, however, yours is only temporary (albeit longer than one would like) and you'll make a full recovery.

I was also living in Singapore when this happened to me so perhaps it's something specific to that region? The tropical heat and humidity allows all sorts of nasties to breed.

The very worst part - once the nausea reduces - is the the loss of silence. I will never ever hear "nothing" again - I will always have buzzing, popping, hissing, wailing - basically a party going on in my head that only I can hear - which really sucks. That is the bit that I have to consciously turn my mind from when I start to fixate on it - because it can literally drive you insane. Which, of course, is a paradox when you are almost totally deaf in that ear!

Finger's crossed that you get better soon.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix - I think you misread my message. I DON'T have positional vertigo - that is why the osteo/physio didn't help me at all. Yes, mine did start with a virus - at least, that is the assumption of the medical professionals. No one really knows for sure what causes Sudden Hearing Loss Syndrome which was how my whole thing started. Many doctors have never even heard of it.

It's good to have a cry - releases some of the stress. It is a shock and it is a horrible thing to have to get used to but indeed you do. The more relaxed you are about it (I know that is impossible at this early stage) the easier your body deals with adjusting to the new normal. Hopefully, however, yours is only temporary (albeit longer than one would like) and you'll make a full recovery.

I was also living in Singapore when this happened to me so perhaps it's something specific to that region? The tropical heat and humidity allows all sorts of nasties to breed.

The very worst part - once the nausea reduces - is the the loss of silence. I will never ever hear "nothing" again - I will always have buzzing, popping, hissing, wailing - basically a party going on in my head that only I can hear - which really sucks. That is the bit that I have to consciously turn my mind from when I start to fixate on it - because it can literally drive you insane. Which, of course, is a paradox when you are almost totally deaf in that ear!

Finger's crossed that you get better soon.

Ah ok. I did indeed misread. Looks like the virus has gone to my brain too, making me stupid!! lol

From your posts and @kipari's and my case, it's evident that this thing has the medical profession stumped. Amazing actually...not in a good way1

OMG!!! My ear pops too!! I actually thought it was a good thing, that it was releasing the air built up as a result of the inflammation. Now, I know it isn't!!

I can't believe you also got it when you lived here!! What you say about the heat and humidity is not untrue. People are always sick here. Even though I am prone to colds, flu etc..up til now, I've hardly caught anything bc I was/ am super careful with sick people...basically, I run away from them!! Except in this case, a "friend" (who is now no longer a friend) knew about my Hashimoto's and how easily I become sick turned up to meet me for dinner even though she was still contagious!!:angryfire: and she'd actually given me the flu before which I did actually tell her about . What makes me angry is that she's never even apologised (though I know she didn''t do it on purpose, but she was selfish and neglectful).

Again, sorry to hear abt your symptoms too and thank you again, soooo much, for your kind replies. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that the symptoms at least subside so I can get back to some kind of normality.

And yeah, I feel better after I had a good long cry!! lol

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a doctor, but I have chronic and explained vertigo. I have a different auto-immune condition. Went through every test anyone could think of, but the best explanation is that is stemmed from a burst ear-drum while scuba diving (read...sea water flowing into my ear).

Not a cure, but I found that my vertigo is very responsive to Bonine (Meclizine HCL 25 mg). In the us, you can get it OTC. My Rx is equal to two OTC pills. It was developed as a antihistamine, but while a bad antihistamine it was perfect for nausea and dizziness from motion sickness. It was prescribed for my vertigo and works a treat. When it comes more frequent than normal, I've found massage of my upper body, neck and head can help.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Except in this case, a "friend" (who is now no longer a friend) knew about my Hashimoto's and how easily I become sick turned up to meet me for dinner even though she was still contagious!!:angryfire:

Oh my word - how utterly selfish of her. I caught mine from a colleague at work. After a couple of weeks of vertigo she made a full recovery - it was me who suffered the hearing loss and subsequent diagnosis. To be fair, neither of us realised it would be contagious though.

The popping you are experiencing may well just be pressure releasing. My "private head party" only started some months after the deafness and vertigo started. It was a progressive deterioration. Sometimes it pops so loud it makes me jump - I cannot believe no one else can hear it. Weird.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can google the movements to put the crystals back in your ear-- it works! Every few years I suffer from vertigo and now I do the movements myself.

My daughter had to have a 4 procedure ear surgery last summer for a Cholesteatoma and other issues, but it doesn't seem to sound like what you have-- she had repeated ear infections but no dizziness.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw, she needed a CT scan to diagnose it.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix, I don't have any personal experience with this, but my mother suffered balance issues. It went undiagnosed for a long time, and the doctors eventually determined she had a viral infection related to chemotherapy that damaged nerves in her ear drums that caused severe balance issues/dizziness/etc and presented similar to Vertigo. She had very good luck controlling her symptoms with biofeedback and neurofeedback. She also did physical therapy where she would lay down on a platform that rotated 180d up and down so her head would be below her heart (sounds similar to what your doctor did putting your head below the table). I hope you're able to get to the bottom of this.

Thank you so much for that, @liaerfbv, I had/ have no idea what neurofeedback and biofeeback are. I'm just starting to read about them now. So, what happened exactly in these treatments? Do they provide your mother with some kind of "exercises" to help control her symptoms? I don't know if they have these professionals where I live but I will def look into this.

RE physiotherapy, I'm sooo tempted to do it myself at home, at least the Epley Manoeuvre and what you've described. I'm just a bit freaked about about what'd happen if something went wrong. I'm by myself at home at the moment (though I do carry my handphone all the time with me now, in case I have to call an ambulance, lol).

Good that your mother's symptoms have been alleviated with these treatments. It must have been a relief, to put it mildly, to have found out what she had and that she was able to have it treated. Sorry that she had chemo too, hope that she's ok now.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a doctor, but I have chronic and explained vertigo. I have a different auto-immune condition. Went through every test anyone could think of, but the best explanation is that is stemmed from a burst ear-drum while scuba diving (read...sea water flowing into my ear).

Not a cure, but I found that my vertigo is very responsive to Bonine (Meclizine HCL 25 mg). In the us, you can get it OTC. My Rx is equal to two OTC pills. It was developed as a antihistamine, but while a bad antihistamine it was perfect for nausea and dizziness from motion sickness. It was prescribed for my vertigo and works a treat. When it comes more frequent than normal, I've found massage of my upper body, neck and head can help.

Very helpful information. Thank you so much, @rockysalamander . I will go look for Bonine, praying that it will work for me!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix, I don't know much about your medical situation, but it sounds utterly exhausting and weary for you and your husband to be facing these problems with no resolution in sight yet. I do hope there's others at home /close to home who can look out for you (e.g. helper, good friends close by) just in case anything happens! I know how much of a pain it is to be super sick and not have someone around (my partner travels for work 80% of the year) - sometimes even heading out to buy food is too much energy. Here's sending lots of positive vibes your way and that you make a speedy recovery soon!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, sounds horrible Phoenix! :( I am no help...just wanted to say to take care of yourself (I know, you're trying) and hope
you feel better real soon.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix, I don't know much about your medical situation, but it sounds utterly exhausting and weary for you and your husband to be facing these problems with no resolution in sight yet. I do hope there's others at home /close to home who can look out for you (e.g. helper, good friends close by) just in case anything happens! I know how much of a pain it is to be super sick and not have someone around (my partner travels for work 80% of the year) - sometimes even heading out to buy food is too much energy. Here's sending lots of positive vibes your way and that you make a speedy recovery soon!

Thank you, @Alexiszoe. My new live-in helper arrived today. I had some PT/ temp help for a short while; but the last week or so, I was on my own. It was completely exhausting, like you said. I live in a house (not a condo) and there are also 3 cats to look after. Friends help(ed) for a bit, but I don't really like to rely on others. I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief now. TBH, I was really worried I might pass out and no-one would know anything about it; I'd be lying on the floor helpless!! God forbid!!

Thank you for your kind words. I hope for a speedy recovery too!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI,

I have had several bouts of dizziness due to inner ear problems. I have lost my hearing in one ear.(a bit left.) It too feels blocked. The reason I am answering this is that on the first occasion the Dr. gave me an antibiotic and within days it went away. How do they decide whether to give an anti biotic or all the other meds they gave you. This past time after giving me the hearing tests he say there is nothing he can do, but suggest a hearing aid. The dizziness disappeared, but somehow I don't think it is gone forever. Perhaps its too simplistic of me to ask why not the antibiotic initially. How does he determine its a virus? I had no cold, no temp, no redness.
I was very scared when it happened to me. Does it happen when you lie still? Get up very slowly.
I'm really sorry. I don't blame you for crying. I would too.

Annette

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just saw this. Physicians have certain sub tests they use to test you for things like the displaced calcium crystal. This condition is called benign paroxysmal positioning vertigo (BPPV for short). The crystals are used by the gravity and acceleration sensing areas of our ears to detect changes in gravity and acceleration. Once treated, it can recur, or you may have crystals in more than one of the three semicircular, motion sensing canals we have in each ear. There are several hallmark symptoms of BPPV that you should keep an eye out for. Posterior and anterior canal BPPV typically kicks in with the head positioned a certain way or when laying down or rolling over in bed; there is a delay of 3-20 seconds before vertigo (the sensation that either you or the room are spinning) begins, followed by vertigo that can last a few seconds to a minute. Horizontal canal BPPV is also related to head positioning, however, there can be immediate onset of vertigo, and the vertigo may not subside. The test to determine the location of the crystals is called the Hallpike Maneuver.

To more thoroughly evaluate the vestibular system, your MDs may consider a test called Videonystagmography (VNG is the acronym). You would wear goggles that have infrared cameras to display and record your eye movements. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul. Well, they're the windows to the balance system. Each time your ears sense movement and send the signal to the brain, the brain tells the eyes to reposition themselves to keep your viewing plane horizontal. Your brain also manages your postural control system based on ear input to keep you upright. Anyway, abnormal eye movements can clue you in as to what is going on with the ears. First, eye movement while following targets is recorded and evaluated. They need to make sure that if there is something abnormal with the balance system, the eyes will be able to tell them. Next comes positional testing, where the eyes are recorded while your head and body positions are changed. Lastly, the functioning of the horizontal canals are evaluated by stimulating with cool air first, then warm air. The temperature change causes the fluid in the balance canals to move. Basically, this will induce vertigo that lasts about a minute. Again, they will measure your eye movements (velocity and direction) and compare one side to the other to see if there is a difference in velocity, e.g., a difference in functioning between the sides (vestibular weakness or hypofunction). The ears are extremely sensitive to insults like head injuries or vascular insufficiency. You can even have migraines that affect your balance system, or worse, permanently affect the hearing or balance systems, or both.

Another test your physican may consider is called Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential (VEMP), which looks at the gravity sensing system. You'll have surface electrodes placed on your skin and listen to loud clicks with your head turned away from the side that is hearing the clicks. The gravity sensor in our inner ear also happens to be sound sensitive. If the sound is loud enough, the ear sends a signal to the large muscle we have on either side of our necks, the sternocleidomastoid muscle, and tells it to uncontract. The size of the recorded signal can tell you if there is an issue with the gravity sensing system.

If your physician is saying you've got too much fluid in your ear, he is hinting at Meniere's disease, also called Endolymphatic Hydrops. Meniere's also has some hallmark symptoms, which are typically cyclical: a feeling of fullness begins deep in the ear, hearing begins to decrease in the low frequencies while tinnitus begins to increase. Once the compartment of the inner ear can't expand anymore to accomodate the fluid increase, a fistula opens up and that endolymph mixes with perilymph, two incompatible fluids, which results in vertigo that will last a few days. Residual effects of feeling lousy can last longer. Each cycle does more damage to the hair cells of the labyrinths and auditory system. Endolymph is used by both the hearing and balance systems. There can be idiopathic Meniere's that affects just one system. There is a test for this as well, it's called Electrocochleography (ECogH). You'll again have surface electrodes on your skin and listen to loud clicks in one ear while sitting very still. If hearing is better than 40 dB at 2000 Hz, it it likely that the fluid pressure levels can be measured. On the audiogram, Meniere's will usually present as low frequency hearing loss.

As an aside, and not wanting to put the chicken before the egg, I'll tell you that it is likely that hitting your head caused the loose crystal. Something else caused your syncope initially.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suffer from Vertigo and Tinnitus and my father and my grandfather both had Meniere's disease. On a daily basis it can range from a whooshing feeling like the floor or ground is coming up fast towards me, to a spinning/dizziness. It gets worse when I have colds, the flu, I suffer from Sinusitis and it tends to be a nasty cycle the worse the sinus infections are the worse the middle ears are and hence the worse the Vertigo is. I try and manage my sinuses first and foremost and attempt where possible to keep away from people who are sick so that I can manage everything.

I also have a crackling static kind of noise I live with, sometimes a popping and sometimes a ringing in my ears too depending again upon how bad everything else is. Some of the worst days were a month barely being able to get out of bed and even when you are lying down everything spins to you have the sensation of severe seasickness to the point I was also vomiting.

Hopefully it will abate with time and you can manage it, getting over any type of head cold, flu, sinus, hay fever allergies etc for me has always been the key to better managing it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results