shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Eugenia's padparadcha sapphire

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess Eugenie is engaged today, with what looks like a pad. sapphire, very pretty and quite unusual. An “expert” described it as probably heat treated and worth £7000.

90C1F192-8CDD-4548-8671-E3E56A0A5788.jpeg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. I wish them a lifetime of happiness.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, totally missed this. Wishing them happiness and health.
Totally seconding @HotPozzum regarding the ring.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lovely ring! I wish the couple much happiness!

And I have to add... is it really necessary for "experts" to weigh in on the monetary value of every celebrity engagement ring? This is not an ostentatious ring - why is it necessary for the press to speculate on its cost?

End of rant.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And I have to add... is it really necessary for "experts" to weigh in on the monetary value of every celebrity engagement ring? This is not an ostentatious ring - why is it necessary for the press to speculate on its cost?

End of rant.

I know! There was a lot more in the piece about the diamonds and so on, very unnecessary. It’s a very pretty ring.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its very pretty!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh I like it a lot. I’ve been into these flowery cluster settings lately. Very pretty!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... And I have to add... is it really necessary for "experts" to weigh in on the monetary value of every celebrity engagement ring? This is not an ostentatious ring - why is it necessary for the press to speculate on its cost?

Three reasons.
Some readers are interested in values.
Freedom of the press.
Media are for-profit businesses, so they get more eyeballs by giving some what they want to see. More eyeballs mean higher profits.
Profits are necessary for all businesses.

That's why.
Personally, I have no opinion regarding value speculations in the media.
I don't care one way or the other.
Also, I don't think public celebs are entitled to the same privacy that nobodies, like you and I, are.
They enjoy a zillion perks, and this is one price they pay for those perks.

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, being a coloured stone person too I love it!!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

End of rant.
I KNOW!! Also how can you tell heat treatment from a picture alone??
I thought it was super pretty

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I think the ring's gorgeous. I'm confused by the reasoning behind the worth of the stone:

Diamonds77 who were consulted:

" ... estimates the price of Eugenie's rock at £7,000, as she believes the colour of the padparadscha sapphire looks stronger than a completely natural one; colour treated gemstones are generally not as pricey as natural untreated ones."

I don't think it is correct to assume it was treated because it is a deeper colour. These stones can occur naturally in stronger colours and they are worth considerably more. Anyway I love the deep peach/pink of this stone. It looks stunning with the dress she's wearing to announce her engagement.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is really pretty.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on People Magazine.. I think it's beautiful! She seems very happy.. Since coming to PS I have grown to really love sapphires.

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I love it when people choose something other than diamond for an engagement ring.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful!

cheers--Sharon

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very elegant!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's very pretty. I really like the color of the pad sapphire.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is pretty, but I wasn't impressed by it. I was a little surprised it wasn't a little more special. The photo of the stone looks like it has a pretty big window in it. Maybe it is one of those stones that has to be seen in person to get the full effect. I do wish them much happiness. I can't wait to see her dress.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Window x2. The color is pretty but in that pic and on my monitor, it's not too notch for color. The price reflects that. Which none of that matters, a happy couple in love is what is important.

The royals own and can borrow from The Firm the creme de la creme of jewels, engagement jewelry is kinda minor league in their circles.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also like the color.

Do you think awareness, demand, and prices for pads will go up because of this publicity?
Didn't awareness, demand and prices go up for blue sapphires because of the one Princess Di, then Kate got?

Last edited:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I think the demand for pads will go up kenny, or at least for the cheaper more common pink sapphire. I think there has been a trend for pink sapphires and morganite stones (set in rose gold) as engagement rings before this ring was unveiled. But given this trend and then add the nutty factor that kicks in when it comes to the royals and there probably will be an upswing in demand. I'd actually been looking at pads before this one appeared. They come in the most gorgeous range of pink/orange/peach colours.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the style of it, but I don't like how the color matches her flesh. It kind of "disappears" against the backdrop of her skin color.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with TL and think the ring is pretty but I am not a fan of pads.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't think it is correct to assume it was treated because it is a deeper colour. These stones can occur naturally in stronger colours and they are worth considerably more.

I am pretty amazed that these "experts" in the press can state something like that which actually requires a lab report to be certain. They must be pretty damn clever if they can tell just by looking at it that it's heated/treated. Cheeky assumption on their part, don't you think?

I agree with others though - that Pads were expensive before - watch the price and demand rocket now!

I love the ring, I love the setting. I think it's perfect and unusual. I also prefer it to Meghan's ring. The pad is so gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results