shape
carat
color
clarity

9 Stone Band with 8 Pointers Search

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am looking for a 9 stone band with 8 pointers to go with my Vatche U-113 solitaire. I am considering IDJ & Whiteflash but am open to recommendations on vendors. The WF band is approximately an extra $1k. I am wondering if this is worth it...

I would like help explaining exactly what I am looking for so I am attaching some photos for reference. I would like the band low set and the prongs delicate to accentuate the roundness of each stone. I would like to be able to wear the band with my solitaire with no spacer, if that's possible.

I have tried on the Tiffany 7-stone with 8 pointers and love it!

IMG_4230.JPG IMG_4231.JPG IMG_4233.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4235.JPG
    IMG_4235.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 43

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a 7 stone from WF with 10 pointers. I love it so much. It's a real firecracker! Mine is set somewhat high and is eating into the prongs of my ering. It hasn't caused structural damage yet, but I am planning to reset the engagement ring in the next year. I have never worked with IDJ but my experience with WF was fantastic and the band I received was absolutely worth the price.

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@unsettled did you get a certain WF style or was it custom made?

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love Memoire bands. Very well made and about as low set as you can get

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
I recommend the Belle Classic half eternity from Blue Nile. I feel it has a very similar look to the Tiffany's one on the finger, sits low, and looks great with my solitaire too. Also, Blue Nile currently has their 15% off deal. :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing to request is a setting that keeps the stones set as low as possible.

I'm interested in getting something like this too one day between 8-12 pointers :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always found blue Nile more expensive than WF for band rings. I dont think you would regret getting the ACA band.

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love Memoire bands. Very well made and about as low set as you can get

@Tophat1 - who did you work with to order your Memoire band? and could you customize it?

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean Thank you for linking @ac117's band!! It is really beautiful. I wish I could see an ACA and IDJ band side by side...

erislynn

Shiny_Rock
I highly recommend Brian Gavin for their Dream band. I had a custom version made with 8 pointers, as low set as Tiffany. Their prong work was consistent and flush, especially important with shared prong rings. And BG melee is to die for! Pricing also happened to be slightly lower than WF at the time.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had a Memoire band in the past, but I’d much rather have Whiteflash stones set low. I’d go for the best quality stones and not look back. I have never once regretted going with the best quality stones, but I’ve definitely had regrets when I didn’t!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love my band from IDJ! I requested PS quality, h&a stones in a very low set basket setting with pinched prongs and they delivered a beautiful product. I *personally* didn't feel the difference in price btw WF/IDJ was worth it for these size stones (12 pointers).

[Disclaimer: I did go with WF for my DBTY necklace over IDJ despite the price difference but that was bc of WF's beautiful bezels that I wanted to be sure I got - IDJ has since started using really great benches and their bezels are now on par with WF's and I would probably choose them. @PintoBean got a beautiful one last year in yg!]

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I really appreciate everyone's input!!

@ac117 - when you look at the WF DBTY stones and your IDJ ring, do you see a noticeable difference?

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 - I definitely do not want to have regrets over not spending a little more to get something amazing. Especially because both rings are in the budget - it just comes down to whether I would have another $1k of spending money on something else. ;-)

May I ask, have you seen IDJ stones? Or are you basing your input off of loving WF? And, I will say, I love the WF wedding band I have now and have no regrets over what I spent on it.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a noticeable difference in stones of this size to me...I can see arrows in both easily. $1k could buy a whole other ring to stack with :halo:

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@ac117 Thank you, that is very helpful! Can you post a few pics of your wedding band setting here?

It seems (from stalking your threads) that you updated your center stone to a 3 ct diamond somewhat recently :love: You should start a thread on it!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Tophat1 - who did you work with to order your Memoire band? and could you customize it?

A local jeweler. I see Pearlmans recommended a lot on here. You can request upgraded diamonds, and they have a huge variety of diamond sizes/numbers

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes to what tophat is saying. Pearlmans is great and if I remember correctly they offered me a discount on the memoire bands when I connected with them for quotes.

Also I have asked WF for quotes on a shared prong 7 stone band before made with that Tiffany style airline. They have photos they can send you to show you what it would look like.

I adore the classic Tiffany shared prong that they now call the embrace. It’s the best out there in terms of setting. Love it.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have experience with WF and IDJ. For a big diamond, I'd say WF all the way. For small bands, I think IDJ does an incredible job providing exactly what you ask for, for a lot less $. At least that was my experience. Just make sure you ask for "PS quality diamonds"

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 you have such a gorgeous wedding set! :love: And your upgraded center diamond is TDF! Please share more pics of it! A new thread is definitely in order :P2

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 you have such a gorgeous wedding set! :love: And your upgraded center diamond is TDF! Please share more pics of it! A new thread is definitely in order :P2

You're too sweet!! Thank you!!! My huge man hands need big bling (and it's sad I already want bigger) lmao :lol: I know I've been a naughty PSer and really need to get a thread going on her!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're too sweet!! Thank you!!! My huge man hands need big bling (and it's sad I already want bigger) lmao :lol: I know I've been a naughty PSer and really need to get a thread going on her!

Your hands are beautiful! Don’t say such things! And yes - it will be awesome to see more of Stellla :love: I can sympathise regarding wanting to go bigger, I think it’s the PS curse, the constant want for “more” :kiss2:

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@ac117 I second what @SimoneDi is saying. A) your hands are NOT man hands (:o) and we're excited for a thread on your huge upgrade!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Last question- should I have the band made with platinum or white gold? My engagement ring is platinum so I’m inclined to order the 9 stone in the same metal. But because so little metal will be exposed on the front of the ring, I’m wondering if I should just get the ring in white gold and save a little $. Any input is appreciated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results