carat
color
clarity

People Are Eating Tide Pods

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I can't even...":eek2:

I can't believe this is true, though I have read it is.

*shakes head*

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the students are joking about tide pods in my town. I don’t get it. Mostly it seems like something to laugh about like swallowing goldfish on a dare. In other words I don’t think everyone’s doing it. Kids these days...:roll2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
we need to clean the gene pool I guess......

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to google it because we don't have the brand Tide washing liquid here and we don't call those things pods - pods here are a biscuit with chocolate or caramel inside them.

When I saw what they were doing I was like wow that is right up there with planking on the balcony rails of apartments several floors above the ground (that was a thing here).....

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natural selection at its finest.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I highly suggest those people wash them down with a shot of Drano just to be sure they win the Darwin Awards.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it bad of me to say that eating one hopefully causes instant sterilization in anyone over 5 years old? :roll2:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a genuine worry, it’s all over the internet and my kids (young teens) have been talking about it. Seems to be one of those things you get “dared” to do.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night, My twelve year old said to me, “that meme is dead.”

I think that maybe kids won’t be eating Tide Pods for much longer.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are these the same people who are texting while driving?

All joking aside there are little children ingesting this poison. Really not the best packaging if small children get their hands (and mouths) on it. :(

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

All joking aside there are little children ingesting this poison.
Really not the best packaging if small children get their hands (and mouths) on it. :(

Yes, from the beginning, apparently, there have been incidents of children under five poisoned by these...and obviously not due to any fad! The article I posted said that Senator Schumer found them tempting and asked why they were made to look so delicious. We are lucky that he has a functioning ego and did not fall prey to the call to pop one in his mouth. Otherwise, we would have no one to lead the opposition in the Senate to the Republicans now. If they were pink and red* I would if the president would have had similar ego strength. It might be a test of how stable a genius he is.

*http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/15/politics/kevin-mccarthy-trump-starbursts-candies-gop/index.html

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read that proctor & gamble is doing damage control for the bad publicity. Really? Why do they even need to address stupid teen stunts? Makes me crazy that anyone would hold it against a company.
I am not speaking of the young kiddos btw.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh jeez @ceg, really? I love tide pods. I hate liquid detergents and I hate powders. Let those idiots eat cake. These are TEENS doing this silliness. Yes lock it away from little kids, that I get, but teens are NOT little kids. SOme of these idiots will do anything for clicks. You know, I wish just once they would dare each other to do their homework, or some chores, or hell, dare each other to be decent human beings.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gonna try that with my teen and preteen! I dare you to clean your room!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Oh jeez @ceg, really? I love tide pods. I hate liquid detergents and I hate powders. Let those idiots eat cake. These are TEENS doing this silliness. Yes lock it away from little kids, that I get, but teens are NOT little kids. SOme of these idiots will do anything for clicks. You know, I wish just once they would dare each other to do their homework, or some chores, or hell, dare each other to be decent human beings.

I love "pods", both for laundry and for dishwashing! If these idiots ruin pods for me, I'll be pissed!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How stupid! :nono:
Let em die.
Good riddance.

I had never heard of Tide pods; I had to google it.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do look delicious.... like little squishy juice filled gummy treats.
And the container looks like a candy jar.
But, yeah, they are idiots. I don't feel sorry for them

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
people eating tide pods = 1M654Aa.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did the stores run out of Ex-Lax?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
tidepods.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This confirms my suspicion that most people are d*ckheads.... :rolleyes:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is easy to deterladies from eating Tide Pods.

It is harder to detergents.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Moms of teens on this thread seem to have the same vibe going.... it’s an issue at my kids’ junior high right now, and the teachers are ON IT.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech Its not just teens but college age adults who should know better. but we're in the anything for clicks age. That little bit of common sense that some of them have gets shut off in order to be looked at. The crazier the "challenge" the more these 'kids' want to do it.

I talked to my neice yesterday, and yes even at her level of college its talked about and some idiots think its cool (WTF??) Then she was like "But they're the dummies if they do it,auntie" She's got that right!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results