shape
carat
color
clarity

If you have a time machine what era...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
would you like to go back and visit for a yr/month? what cities would you visit? what would you bring back from that era?

Lunch Time!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grew up in Philadelphia so I would go back to the revolutionary war era and see what my city was like then. So exciting! I would bring THEM a cheesesteak and some soft pretzels! :lol:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go back to when my dad was living :cry2: and when my kids were really little, 30 years ago! Just to go back for a day would be lovely. Such wonderful times!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go back to the early 70's probably - a time when my parents and grandparents were still living. I would bring back a tape recording of their stories and their laughter - I miss that!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going back to the 20's for a month would be fun for me since I'm a coin collector. I would go to a local bank and exchange paper money for rolls of coins to bring back.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go back to the early 70's probably - a time when my parents and grandparents were still living. I would bring back a tape recording of their stories and their laughter - I miss that!!
Still remember those days. It was fun back then riding my bike all over town. I remember this song when it first came out..

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's great that people mention going to a time when people had family members living to spend time with them. This is was also my first thought when I read DF's thread earlier today. I would love to go to Texas when my great grandparents were young and first together, 1910 or so, and living on the 6666 ranch as a ranch hand and cook. They were living on our property in their own home until I was a junior in high school (1983). They had a profound affect on my life as an example of a loving couple who were still smitten with each other at their age (90's). I loved listening to my g grandpa's stories and my g grandma was the sweetest person I have ever met.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mesozoic era. What a thrill it would be to watch the rise of the reptiles and see the lushness of the Triassic earth.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1977-1979 and 1992-1999.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
2006-2010, that 4 year window is so full of memories it seems more like it took up half my life and out of any era I could visit - that is the time I would go back to.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’d go to the fifties/sixties when it was ok to smoke and drink cocktails and lie in the sun and no one knew there were serious/deadly consequences to such behaviors. I’d partake with zero guilt and soak it all up for a long weekend. Plus glamour??? Please...give me 2 silk shantung pencil dresses, a beautiful pair of heels, satin gloves and a pointy bra, and a pinup-style swimsuit or two and maybe a lacy peignoir...I would give any city a run for its money, toots.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would that time machine bring me to the future so I could check it out and see if there is hope? And then if not take my whole family to the past and reunite with my grandparents and bring my dh to finally meet them and all of us live happily ever after in the past...yes I would like to check out all the options available please before deciding one way or another.

Alternatively the fashion of the 50s/60s rocked as did the 20s...

flappergirl.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooooh maybe the Georgian era? :dance: I've been obsessed with Jane Austen since I was a kid.

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ancient Rome! I would bring back copies of all the great works that have been lost over the centuries, plus recordings of as many different Latin accents as possible! The time of Caesar first (what a thrill to hear one of Cicero's speeches live, or to brush past Catullus in the Forum!), then Augustan Rome, then maybe Vespasian's time, and onwards. Possibly a side trip to Judaea around AD30 or so...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A time machine? Hahaha I'd go to all the different eras and come back to the present with bling and outfits and have the most kick ass collection!!!!!!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A time machine? Hahaha I'd go to all the different eras and come back to the present with bling and outfits and have the most kick ass collection!!!!!!!!!!

Now you're talking. I'm in!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’d go to the fifties/sixties when it was ok to smoke and drink cocktails and lie in the sun and no one knew there were serious/deadly consequences to such behaviors. I’d partake with zero guilt and soak it all up for a long weekend. Plus glamour??? Please...give me 2 silk shantung pencil dresses, a beautiful pair of heels, satin gloves and a pointy bra, and a pinup-style swimsuit or two and maybe a lacy peignoir...I would give any city a run for its money, toots.

Finally someone with some sense! :lol-2::saint::cheeky:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go back to the 1920’S in New York City and stay there.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am reminded of Midnight in Paris.
He goes back in time to what is, to him, a romantic era, but the people there want to go back to the time before that because to them THAT is the most romantic era. : )

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I would like to experience the post-war era of the 40s and 50s as an adult. Or the 50s - 60s as an adult. I think Americans, in particular, had a vision for the future . . . for example, the interest in getting into space and to the moon. The adults of that era seem much more 'adult' than I will ever be.

Or, I'd love to go back to the 60s and 70s as a kid, again. It was a great time to be a kid. And I want to experience my parents and grandparents again; they have all passed on.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I think back to the late 60's these two songs always pop up in my mind.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am reminded of Midnight in Paris.
He goes back in time to what is, to him, a romantic era, but the people there want to go back to the time before that because to them THAT is the most romantic era. : )

Yesss I thought that as well Jimmianne when I read the title of the thread. Loved that movie and so true. The best time is the time you aren't in right? The grass is always greener and all that jazz. Of course they didn't have Trump as their president so perhaps there was never more validity to the wish of living in a different time...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results