shape
carat
color
clarity

I need your help deciding what to buy from Tiffany & Co.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Once when I was looking at an amazing antique heart shaped diamond ring in an estate case, an elderly woman walked over to me and and whipered in my ear “life is short”.
When you look at everything again, listen to your heart.

OMG! This reminds me on something!
I was lucky enough to get to know independently 2 different older ladies, one around 70, the other above 80. They were quite different personalities but both of them told me, not to spare things to wear them on special occasions, because that special occasion may not come. Wear and enjoy your jewelry! Treat yourself time to time, mainly if you earn enough to do it, because you can’t take your money into the grave.
Unfortunately they are both up in heaven already, but I won’t never forget what they have told me!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the smaller ring. I too think it sits better on your finger and is more in proportion with your hand. If I had to choose between the ring and the bracelet, it would be the bracelet every time, as I feel I would get more mileage and more value for my purchase. I can’t wait to see what you choose!

Reactions: nkc

nkc

Shiny_Rock
OMG! This reminds me on something!
I was lucky enough to get to know independently 2 different older ladies, one around 70, the other above 80. They were quite different personalities but both of them told me, not to spare things to wear them on special occasions, because that special occasion may not come. Wear and enjoy your jewelry! Treat yourself time to time, mainly if you earn enough to do it, because you can’t take your money into the grave.
Unfortunately they are both up in heaven already, but I won’t never forget what they have told me!
Very true=)2

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for helping me with making a decision. I have decided to buy one of the rings. Not sure which one yet.
Like some of you said, while the bracelet can be used on a daily basis, it is just a bracelet. The ring is more unique and every time I see it I feel the same joy as the first time I saw it.
Now I need your help deciding which ring to buy. I know some of you already responded but I would appreciate more opinions.
Thanks again for all your help. =)2

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay I'm excited you've decided on the ring!! I'm with others who prefer the smaller ring. I like the symmetry and how it sits lower on your finger...also, if you're at all worried about wearing the ring on an everyday basis, the smaller one will probable feel more wearable. It's eye catching but not too loud. But go with your gut!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I’ve already mentioned, I prefer the smaller ring on your hand. I just looks “right”.

The only way I can think of to describe my feelings is the bigger one makes me think “Woah! :shock:”, whereas the smaller one makes me think “Wow :geek2:“. I understand that there’s just a subtle difference between the sizes/shapes, but that subtleness makes all of the difference to my eyes.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with PPs that the smaller one fits your hand a bit better. I really wanted to say the bigger one on first glance, because who doesn't like 'em bigger :lol: but in this case, and as a RHR I do like the smaller one better. Lucky you! It's gorgeous!

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Another picture with the bigger ring on the ring finger...
20180113_115234.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nkc can you tell us what your thoughts are at this point?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um...make a list of pros and cons for each ring?
Toss a coin to choose and then see it you feel happy or sad about the outcome?

I know the feeling well!
and sorry I can’t be of more help : )

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Um...make a list of pros and cons for each ring?
Toss a coin to choose and then see it you feel happy or sad about the outcome?

I know the feeling well!
and sorry I can’t be of more help : )
It was much easier to make a list of pros and cons to choose between the ring or the bracelet:lol:
May be as I hear more opinions and if I give myself another day or two, I will be able to decide (I hope).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good luck! Are these the only two rings they'll bring in for you to see? Are there other center stone sizes available?

cheers--Sharon

nkc

Shiny_Rock
HI:

Good luck! Are these the only two rings they'll bring in for you to see? Are there other center stone sizes available?

cheers--Sharon

They brought anything I asked to see.

csloan215

Rough_Rock
My vote is for the smaller ring! It just looks more at “home” on your finger. But honestly you can’t make a wrong choice here

mjg

Rough_Rock
I'm glad you are going with a ring--that would have been my choice and I agree that the bracelet isn't quite as spectacular in that I wouldn't think it's "worth" the Tiffany premium. And, the ring makes your heart sing so that's really the key =)2

On first glance, I like the larger ring better, but I do agree the smaller one is really at home on your finger. How big is the price difference between the two? That would probably be the deciding factor for me. I don't think you can go wrong.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like mjg says, the difference in cost might be a deciding factor for me. If the larger is significantly more then I probably could not justify the additional cost seeing both of them on my finger.

Unless you just want to say to your self that you have the bigger one as that would make you happier. Which is totally ok too!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going against the majority here, I prefer the larger one for a few reasons;
1. I think that the smaller yellow diamond gets a little lost in the halo. I prefer the more balanced look of the larger diamond.
2. The larger ring does not look “large” per se on you, it looks lovely.
3. DSS is real and in the long run, I think that you may appreciate having the larger diamond, especially since this is a limited collection.
4. The smaller yellow diamond appears to have a brown modifier to me. “Fancy intense yellow” is a broad range and the appearance and color of the diamonds can be different, I prefer the “yellower” hue of the larger diamond.

Nonetheless, whichever one you pick, it will be a gorgeous ring, they are both very beautiful!

Last edited:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're only doing this once, and don't plan on wearing it everyday anyway, I would go for the larger ring!

nkc

Shiny_Rock
If you're only doing this once, and don't plan on wearing it everyday anyway, I would go for the larger ring!
Asherhalo - You are right. I'm doing this once and this is why it is taking me that long to make a decision :confused:
I do appreciate all the help and opinions I received from everyone.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I am going against the majority here, I prefer the larger one for a few reasons;
1. I think that the smaller yellow diamond gets a little lost in the halo. I prefer the more balanced look of the larger diamond.
2. The larger ring does not look “large” per se on you, it looks lovely.
3. DSS is real and in the long run, I think that you may appreciate having the larger diamond, especially since this is a limited collection.
4. The smaller yellow diamond appears to have a brown modifier to me. “Fancy intense yellow” is a broad range and the appearance and color of the diamonds can be different, I prefer the “yellower” hue of the larger diamond.

Nonetheless, whichever one you pick, it will be a gorgeous ring, they are both very beautiful!
SimoneDi - Thank you for listing your reasons. This is very helpful. I'm concerned about DSS but also not sure if the ring looks too big or the fact that it is more than one size bigger than my finger size is making it look not balanced/ too big.

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
Like most here I usually like bigger diamonds, but I think the proportions on the smaller ring just 'fit'. I vote for the smaller ring!

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I found out that what the SA told me about the ring being a limited collection/ quantity is not true. I still like the ring though and intend to buy it once I'm able to decide which one of the two in the pictures. I'm glad I'm buying from a different store. I don't like desperate SA who are focused on short term gain rather than building trust.:naughty:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found out that what the SA told me about the ring being a limited collection/ quantity is not true. I still like the ring though and intend to buy it once I'm able to decide which one of the two in the pictures. I'm glad I'm buying from a different store. I don't like desperate SA who are focused on short term gain rather than building trust.:naughty:

shady! would definitely by from another store or salesperson. FWIW i like the proportions and look of the slightly smaller one better, it seems to have an overall more harmonious look to it.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Also, looking forward to a final decision! I am leaning towards the smaller one only because the diamond looks brighter and more sparklier, but could be persuaded. Good luck!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SimoneDi - Thank you for listing your reasons. This is very helpful. I'm concerned about DSS but also not sure if the ring looks too big or the fact that it is more than one size bigger than my finger size is making it look not balanced/ too big.

I really do not think that the ring looks big on you, but I personally prefer bolder looks especially when this is going to be a statement ring. You will know how you feel better because you will be the one wearing the ring..

When not too long ago I decided to upgrade my e-ring I thought that I would be very happy with a diamond just under 2ct to avoid the price jump. I wasn’t and shortly after I upgraded to a 2ct stone. I suppose my point is that deep down you already know which one you like better ;-) they are both beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed the pictures of the rings until just now! What is the weight of the center yellow diamonds? How much more is the larger ring?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll go ahead and give you my answer if we put price aside. I like the larger yellow diamond much more. I feel like the smaller one is kind of overwhelmed by the double halo. I also think in 20 years you’ll be even more glad you got the larger one. It’s definitely a statement ring, and I doubt I’d wear either one everyday, but it would be a beautiful ring to own!

Ideally, I think any of us could give you a better answer if we knew what other jewelry you have or plan to get. I do recall your saying that you wouldn’t care about a diamond bracelet larger than the 3 ct one. So if your personal style is more understated, I can see why you might choose the smaller ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results