shape
carat
color
clarity

Working on my upgrade on would love opinions....

ringgal

Rough_Rock
First off, I have to apologize as I first posted this in "Show me the bling". I'm a long time "lurker" but finally have reason to post!

I have a stone that I am smitten over but trying to nail down my setting . I think I've finally landed on one but of course wanted to come here before pulling the trigger :) Stone info as follows
OEC
~ 1.51 CARATS TOTAL CENTER WEIGHT
~ GIA Certification
SHAPE: OLD EUROPEAN
COLOR: J (Near Colorless)
CLARITY: SI2 (No Visible Characteristics)
CUT: GOOD (Most of the light entering the diamond is reflected back through the top allowing for maximum brilliance, sparkle and fire)
MEASUREMENTS: 6.99 - 7.36 x 4.50 mm
Polish: Very GoodSymmetry: Poor (Common for Old Cut diamonds)Fluorescence: NoneTable: 49%Depth: 62.7%

They currently have it set in an art deco setting that is just a tad too much for me and I think it takes away from the stone. I'd like something a little more delicate that lets the center stone really shine. I've always loved baguettes. This is an upgrade for me....my original was a princess cut which at the time I was obsessed with but I've always had a thing for OEC's and have decided it's time! I feel like this will allow me to stack my other diamond bands well.

Would love thoughts on this setting for an OEC of that size.

Setting I am highly considering (NOTE THIS IS NOT the stone. This is a CZ they popped in that is a bit smaller than my stone will be)
SettingBaquette.jpg SettingBaquetteSide.jpg
This is the stone in the current setting: View attachment 608672
Stone.jpg

I had them take pics outside on a cloudy day as well as indoors under light.
Settingcurrent.jpg Hopefully the pics do attach. I've read up a good bit on OEC's and I've purchased from this jeweler before so I think I'm making the right call on the stone but if you have anything to add let me know...I know you all know your stuff!

Thanks all!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I answered you in your other post. (Oops) Your chosen stone is pretty and would look lovely in the setting with baguettes. I agree, it’s a more delicate setting and will let your stone take center stage and be perfect for stacking. Be sure to come back with pics!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting with baguettes... that's one of my favorites for an "almost solitaire" look.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen this stone in person?

That second photo almost looks photo-shopped...obvious I dont really know but I have seen other photo-shopped stones that had that look. I would ask
for another outdoor picture.

If you've seen it in person...please ignore:oops:!

Edit...here is a thread that shows a photo shopped one. I've seen other listings that looked similar.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-baffled-photoshop.236211/

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like both. I'm partial to the first though because I think it will showcase more of the diamond. I like filigree too so that's a tough call.

ringgal

Rough_Rock
I agree with you guys about the first one looking a bit “photoshopped”. I did get three other outdoor ones and was quite happy with them. I have purchased a diamond from them before that (after seeing the pic online) was certain I would be disappointed but I was blown away. And their return policy is great so to that end I am not concerned. I definitely appreciate the feedback though and we will see how she looks in person!

ringgal

Rough_Rock
I agree with you guys about the first one looking a bit “photoshopped”. I did get three other outdoor ones and was quite happy with them. I have purchased a diamond from them before that (after seeing the pic online) was certain I would be disappointed but I was blown away. And their return policy is great so to that end I am not concerned. I definitely appreciate the feedback though and we will see how she looks in person!

Oh shoot, just realized my OP might have been confusing. The first pic of stone was the outside. The closeup on hand was on the listing. Which looked too good hence me asking for outside pic :)

ringgal

Rough_Rock
3960A198-BEBF-4AF8-9FA8-F6CB85EF2E41.jpeg B081CA78-BCE5-4400-B758-973F140F3E99.jpeg Couple more of the stone outside on a cloudy day...

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the GIA report are there any references to clouds, i.e. "clouds not seen"? Photos can be misleading.

ringgal

Rough_Rock
5B982C77-364E-4956-BA84-B449AAE829AE.jpeg

Ya know it could’ve helped to post the GIA report! Like I said, I’m new at this.

The thing with me is that if the diamond speaks to me and I love it...I’m ok with flaws. 15 years ago when I got engaged I was ALL about perfection. And as corny as this may sound I’ve grown up with some flaws and I’m
Ok with my ring having them too....as long as it doesn’t take away from the stone too much!!

ringgal

Rough_Rock
I guess it’s fair to see I’m gonna have to see this one in person...

I do think I got a great deal. Setting and stone for $5k.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a bad price for a 1.5 carat already set. It may not be eye clean (enough for you).

Is there a good return policy? Meaning: For any reason. No restocking fee. More than several days to view in multiple lighting environments?

ringgal

Rough_Rock
Yep! No restocking and return for any reason within 21 days .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results