shape
carat
color
clarity

Would love opinions on my upgrade idea....and pics if anyone has!

ringgal

Rough_Rock
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a 1.51 carat OEC I've been swooning over and would love some input/opinions on setting, stone, etc......and pics of OEC/OMC, etc with baguettes.

Setting I'm considering (This is NOT the stone)
SettingBaquette.jpg SettingBaquetteSide.jpg

Stone in current setting :
Stone.jpg
~ 1.51 CARATS TOTAL CENTER WEIGHT
~ GIA Certification
SHAPE: OLD EUROPEAN
COLOR: J (Near Colorless)
CLARITY: SI2 (No Visible Characteristics)
CUT: GOOD (Most of the light entering the diamond is reflected back through the top allowing for maximum brilliance, sparkle and fire)
MEASUREMENTS: 6.99 - 7.36 x 4.50 mm
Polish: Very GoodSymmetry: Poor (Common for Old Cut diamonds)Fluorescence: NoneTable: 49%Depth: 62.7%

They currently have it set in an art deco setting that is just a tad too much for me and I think it takes away from the stone. I'd like something a little more delicate that lets the center stone really shine. I've always loved baguettes. This is an upgrade for me....my original was a princess cut which at the time I was obsessed with but I've always had a thing for OEC's and have decided it's time! I feel like this will allow me to stack my other diamond bands well.

Would love thoughts on this setting for an OEC of that size.

NOTE the stone shown is NOT the stone I am purchasing. Hopefully the pics do attach. I've read up a good bit on OEC's and I've purchased from this jeweler before so I think I'm making the right call on the stone but if you have anything to add let me know...I know you all know your stuff!

Thanks all!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you can get a fairly good idea of how your chosen stone will look from your attached photo. It’s a very pretty and traditional setting that will translate well with your stone. It will look beautiful and I agree will you, it is perfect for stacking. ;)2 Can’t wait to see it with your stone!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love that setting! Not sure if it is preloved but if so, just make sure it can accommodate your OEC.

I would want to see the OEC in person before making a final decision. What kind of return policy does the jeweler have? Or can you visit the jeweler in person?

ringgal

Rough_Rock
Yes, they have confirmed it will fit. I've been going back and forth with the jeweler. Great return policy (21 days). I've worked with them before and been thrilled. Wonderful people.

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, they have confirmed it will fit. I've been going back and forth with the jeweler. Great return policy (21 days). I've worked with them before and been thrilled. Wonderful people.

I would see if you can get some nicer photos first so we can get a better look at the cut :)) If not, and you trust the jeweler, I would order the stone so you can see it in person.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a classic and lovely setting for an OEC - I have nearly the same just with fishtail prongs on the corners. Same size stone too. It stacks really easily. Only thing might be the OEC is not round looking at the pics and the measurements. Does the jeweller think that will be an issue for the setting?

ringgal

Rough_Rock
May be a totally ignorant question but what shape do you think it leans towards? Jeweler thinks it will fit well.

Knowing these folks I feel confident in them and also knowing their policy I feel confident that If I don’t LOVE it then I will not settle :)

ringgal

Rough_Rock
19BA55F6-4047-4100-828B-445ED380ECF6.jpeg 63CB5DB4-8ED2-42B5-8ECD-887095EE800E.jpeg Couple more of stone outside on cloudy day

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I’m the desenting voice, but I really prefer the current setting / stakability aside.
Just me though! Best of luck with your fun project.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks like a lovely stone =)2

Can I ask your budget for the setting? I do think that baguettes on each side looks very nice and classic. I also think graduated French cuts would be AMAZING with your stone. Here’s an example of the kind of stones I’m thinking of: https://instagram.com/p/Bd-fTosnRuO/

ringgal

Rough_Rock
All in all with the stone the total is 5k which I am quite pleased with . And I loooove what you showed but really fell for the baguettes.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the setting. You’re certain the stone is eye clean to your standards? It looks like t has carbons on the table
41E6CCD5-E50F-4690-A35A-52B4DB3A61D9.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love OEC stones!
I have a round brilliant with baguette sides, for me it' such a classic, elegant setting IMG_20180108_074105.jpg

Sorry to threadjack but....

Can you start a thread on your gorgeous set, @Marie Dyson ? I'm sure I'm not the only person who would love to hear and see a LOT more about your gorgeous rings!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results