shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone trellis from JBG or Brian Gavin Nightingale 2ctw rose gold

swauna78

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I was a member here years ago when I was getting married (over 9 years ago now!)

I just re-joined as it will be our 10 yr wedding anniversary plus my 40th birthday this year and I'm beginning my search for a 5 stone ring.

I've seen this one on Jewels by Grace which looks lovely :
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/3-46tcw-old-european-cut-diamond-5-stone-band-by-bgd

However, given the fact that I'm in Ireland I'm leaning towards the Nightingale by Brian Gavin with 5 x .40ct stones for 2ctw of their Brian Gavin Black round cuts so that I am guaranteed excellently performing stones. Do you think I'm correct in my assumption that that's the safer option given my location ?

Thanks for all your comments. I appreciate any and all input. This will be a major purchase for us.

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm curious to see what the PSers have to say about this question.
I'll be posting my own topic too asking something similar.
I searched up the BG nightingale pics from PSers and boy, it's a gorgeous ring!

However, the one you posted is stunning too.
I'm very uninformed about diamond quality, so let's see what the veteran PSers say!

Good luck and congrats!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both rings are gorgeous but they are quite different looks!

Would you be happy with L coloured stones? Also the JBG setting is quite high in the middle, might not be so easy to wear? It definitely has a vintage vibe about it.

My own preference would be the BG- lovely streamlined setting and amazing sparkly stones, suitable for daily wear and a classic style.

Good luck with your choice, I will be interested to see other opinions!

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
for me.. i have always loved the BG Nightingale. and between the two I still feel that way..

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of the BGD at JbG. I have the three-stone parent of this design - from WF. Two things I note immediately:

1. Rounded prongs are ideal for shared-prong situations, which is why the BGD has rounded prongs between the sidestones pairs. However, the center is held by claws - why? The difference is unnecessary and distracting.

2. There is a large gap between centerstone and first sidestone that is visible at the slightest tilt. This could have been mitigated by either “tucking” the first pair of sidestones under the center a little, or if the “tucked” aesthetic was undesirable, by ensuring there is some high-polish metal artifact behind the stones in that area that distracts from the negative space between the stones (shiny metal, even if pink, would be less jarring than an empty void). These are things Leon at WF discussed with me at length when creating the original design.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go with the Brian Gavin Black stones

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of the BGD at JbG. I have the three-stone parent of this design - from WF. Two things I note immediately:

1. Rounded prongs are ideal for shared-prong situations, which is why the BGD has rounded prongs between the sidestones pairs. However, the center is held by claws - why? The difference is unnecessary and distracting.

2. There is a large gap between centerstone and first sidestone that is visible at the slightest tilt. This could have been mitigated by either “tucking” the first pair of sidestones under the center a little, or if the “tucked” aesthetic was undesirable, by ensuring there is some high-polish metal artifact behind the stones in that area that distracts from the negative space between the stones (shiny metal, even if pink, would be less jarring than an empty void). These are things Leon at WF discussed with me at length when creating the original design.
I just looked at the ring, and the claws and the gap make me want to get the ring some Invisalign lolol.

I would highly recommend also getting a quote from WF as well for this project.

swauna78

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input ladies. You all confirmed what I was thinking in my head.
I will get a quote from WF also but I think Nightingale with Brian Gavin Black stones is my safest bet. I'll come back with pics when the project is completed. =)2

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring on JBG is really not what I’d call a band. It’s an engagemnt ring with center stone and smaller sides. It’s hard to evaluate the price due to really not being able to see and assess the stones.

If I wanted a classic mrb band, I’d go with WF just because I have dealt with them a long time and have bought other things there. But if you go with BG, I wouldn’t go with Black. I’d go with G color stones or possibly H.

But what I likely would do is get my band from Caysie van Bebber in an antique style setting with OECs cut by Yoram. Here’s her Etsy page with some examples of her work, but she’s done other 5 stone bands that aren’t pictured.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CVBinspiredDesign/items

Bottom line for you is, do you prefer a classic, traditional modern round brilliant band or antique style with well cut OECs or antique stones?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results