shape
carat
color
clarity

Temp Check

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's weather whiplash. In the 60s yesterday and today right now windchill is 16 F.
Watch out for ice kids and stay safe and warm!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's weather whiplash. In the 60s yesterday and today right now windchill is 16 F.
Watch out for ice kids and stay safe and warm!

Here too.
OMG ... it's now 85F! :sun::sun::sun:

We're off to the beach to lay in the sun, in our budgie smugglers.
Jordy, I'll be thinking about you, and your beautiful green 'budgie'. :Up_to_something:

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 2.28.48 PM.png

Last edited:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@kenny think about it all you like because it definitely isn't happening today!! 65 degrees with a cold wind, I've gotten a cold from all this psychotic weather. The last time I had one was late 2015!! :cry2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you can have fun with a little tiny shriveled up budgie too. :wacko:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you can have fun with a little tiny shriveled up budgie too. :wacko:
Whispers.... (what's a budgie? Do I have a budgie?)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whispers.... (what's a budgie? Do I have a budgie?)
SOMEBODY just informed me that boys have budgies and girls have beans. Go figure - I guess that's why I'm not "Pinto BUDGIE"!!!!!:lol-2:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What an odd day...

Hit the road at 5.30am near the alpine region north of Melbourne and it was 48 degrees, arrive at my first job in the snowfield region at 7.30am by which point it was already over 60. By the time I left it at 10.30am it was mid 70s and when I got home 3 hours later the Mercury was sitting on 110.

Gotta love Australian weather, that's over 60 degrees variation within an 8 hour time period :sick:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My kids had Tuesday and Wednesday off for icy roads in HOUSTON! !! It was so cold that our well pipes froze. No water until it thawed. But back to the 70s this weekend!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My kids had Tuesday and Wednesday off for icy roads in HOUSTON! !! It was so cold that our well pipes froze. No water until it thawed. But back to the 70s this weekend!

I heard about your weather on the television! You were quite famous!!! Not only for cold, but for snow. I even saw video of your highways!

I am sorry about your pipes, though!

Deb

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both my kids wore jeans and a jacket today! I think thats a first! 38 degrees in not so sunny Florida!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both my kids wore jeans and a jacket today! I think thats a first! 38 degrees in not so sunny Florida!

That sounds like us!!! My son who wears shorts probably 355 days of the year came down in shorts, went outside, and then directly back up to change into jeans!!! Still no jacket though. Hoodies are winter jackets here! My youngest little one, however, got into the ski clothes, lol! She looked like she was in Siberia! Even though I know she will probably lose half of it at school, I choose my battles!:mrgreen2:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was -4 here this morning at 7:30. Now a balmy 13.
I need to go to the post office and the gym. I don't wanna!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds like us!!! My son who wears shorts probably 355 days of the year came down in shorts, went outside, and then directly back up to change into jeans!!! Still no jacket though. Hoodies are winter jackets here! My youngest little one, however, got into the ski clothes, lol! She looked like she was in Siberia! Even though I know she will probably lose half of it at school, I choose my battles!:mrgreen2:

Same here...by jacket I mean hoodie. That's about the max you need around here. I saw a highschooler in pants and a short sleeved tee-shirt walking
to school today. It was 38 degrees with the wind blowing so I'm sure the wind-chill was lower...burrr, he made me cold!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well be careful staying at home in the cold @tyty333 After 3 days of sitting around in leggings while munching on snacks and looking on ps, I put on my jeans today. Yikes!!! They are a bit snug!!! :-o:(2

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
69.9 degrees on center court at the tennis today. That's nearly 160 farenheit for all the people playing at home in the US.

I had to work in the sun in 115 and thought that was bad...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was out yesterday evening (in the car) and found it was getting chilly. The temp dropped into the low 20's. Then I saw on the computer it was down to 20 when I went to bed. It was 16 when I woke up. That's got to be pretty normal for January here. I remember in 2011 when we got our Newfie, Griffin, it was 17 degrees for three days in a row and he slept outside. Definitely on the cold side, but not wildly abnormal, either. If it were 40 degrees it would also seem normal. And if it rained, I would hate it. Rain in January seems so unfair.

Deb :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going to reach the 50s here tomorrow but I know winter is not yet done with us. However we will be enjoying the next few days of mild temps of that you can be sure.

In the meantime here are some dirty snow pics but a pretty sky from this morning at the beach house.

beachearlymornjan2018.jpg

sunrisejan2018beach.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

When you guys post how is everyone coping with the heat in the US and stay cool during your summer months, unless you live in the desert areas of the US all the Aussies look at the temps and give a good natured chuckle.

I was watching a Youtube video of a girl from the US stating what they don't tell you about Australia and she was basically stating it is really really hot and rather surprisingly (she was in Sydney) really cold too because most of the houses here unless they are at the ski fields don't have central heating.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is supposed to snow again tonight into tomorrow here. (Tomorrow is the first day of Spring.) The predicted totals are 11' to 15" and 9" to whatever inches. The last snow (a few days ago) brought 15" to our neighbors but under an inch here, however, so one never knows. Sometimes I get my hopes up for a big snow and there is nothing. This time I was going to take my Jeep in to get a second key for it on Thursday. If the weather is too bad, my friend and I may not want to do all the driving that that would entail. :))

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last week until Friday: 13-16° C (57-61 F)

I washed and stored all the down coats and boots and ski pants (5 kids, go figure).

I might have kinda jinxed it, because I said: "wow, winter ia finally over"

Since Saturday: -4 - 0°C (24 - 32 F) and SNOW...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is supposed to snow again tonight into tomorrow here. (Tomorrow is the first day of Spring.) The predicted totals are 11' to 15" and 9" to whatever inches. The last snow (a few days ago) brought 15" to our neighbors but under an inch here, however, so one never knows. Sometimes I get my hopes up for a big snow and there is nothing. This time I was going to take my Jeep in to get a second key for it on Thursday. If the weather is too bad, my friend and I may not want to do all the driving that that would entail. :))

Yup it will be our fourth Nor'easter. NYC is predicted to get up to 9". Which is a lot for the end of March. Last Nor'easter sort of was a bust for us because it didn't snow and mainly rained so this storm seems to be making up for it.
@AGBF please don't drive if it snow starts accumulating or the roads are icy. Just wait it out. I feel this nor'easter is not going to disappoint your wish for more snow.

Last week until Friday: 13-16° C (57-61 F)

I washed and stored all the down coats and boots and ski pants (5 kids, go figure).

I might have kinda jinxed it, because I said: "wow, winter ia finally over"

Since Saturday: -4 - 0°C (24 - 32 F) and SNOW...

Man, @kipari don't you realize the power of the jinx !:o For next time you know! No preparing for Spring till it has broken 70 degrees F or so. Too risky otherwise.:wink2:

OK everyone in the path of the storm...stay safe!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man, @kipari don't you realize the power of the jinx !:o For next time you know! No preparing for Spring till it has broken 70 degrees F or so. Too risky otherwise.:wink2:

You're totally right, missy!!!! Live and learn!
Stay warm and toasty during the storm.
Sending you virtual homemade chai almond latte !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're totally right, missy!!!! Live and learn!
Stay warm and toasty during the storm.
Sending you virtual homemade chai almond latte !

this is for you and everyone who needs a cozy warm fire and some steaming tea or coffee. May everyone stay safe and warm during the storm and enjoy a good book too. @AGBF we might be able to add more to your book thread after tomorrow if we are all inside reading.:appl:

cozybyfire.gif warmfire.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Northeast is getting a whollop this winter (well its technically spring!) Parts of FL got golfball sized hail, and north of us is under a tornado watch. Right now its 89F and feels like the middle of summer here. Yuck.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My phone says 1C. I don't care that it's somewhat cold, the bright sunshine and lack of snow is great! :lol-2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy, you may be right about this one. As the storm approaches, the local on-line paper is doubling their predictions for how much snow we are supposed to get and the maps seem to be showing that our area (the coast) will get more than inland. (That is the opposite of the usual.) Right now the prediction for this area is 11 to 15 inches.

Is the area where your New Jersey home is supposed to get flooded?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results