shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again, it’s really coming down here, much more than they said and I think we will be seriously snowed in by mid-afternoon. The Buffalo girl in me says - yay!!
I have two bottles of wine, frozen shrimp with cocktail sauce, a package of bacon, a ton of instant mashed potatoes, and a case of dark chocolate.
I really should have stocked up better but this will have to do.

PBear, I’m sorry about your cough which must be very annoying. At least your solo day sounds cozy. Sometimes it seems that we almost need an excuse to stay in and « putter » as I call it. I hope you enjoy yourself and have a good day.

Missy, my leggings twin, I totally agree with you. They are so comfortable, look great and I for one am thankful they are considered appropriate street wear these days - I live in them.

Marcy, work sounds awful. Sorry to say that. It would make me crazy. You have excellent stamina for BS! Why is that always part of the equation with work, darn it.

Hi CJ : )
Sometimes it’s all a poor NIRDI CAN do ... check in. I’m pretty much a lurker, but trying not to be *just* that. Hope things are going well and your distractions are not too unwieldy.

Austina, how nice of you to take your marquise on an outing! You are ready for adventure? It sounds wonderful.

June, confess...did you stop at the jewel case at Costco? I am no longer a member - it is 45 minutes from me, but I think if I went there now I would have to look at the daimonds. One thing about Costco, they have the BEST marinated artichoke hearts in HUGE jars. Yum.

Sharon, your boots are punk with those spikes. Do the spikes really help? They do look quite useful, and if we had more bad weather here I would want those boots. Viva Le Canada!

04CC193A-6BD7-4478-B5A6-9AE5ED8C2E8C.jpeg 6C24B25D-65B5-466C-9590-260419559AFC.jpeg

Ha got interrupted and never finished posting this.
Meanwhile it is still snowing, i would say we have 6-7 inches so far. My DD had a tree fall on her house, but everyone is OK.
I have tree limbs broken off my trees and just went out to give the horses a little hay and try to shake snow off some of my favorite trees.
Fortunately the wind is starting to blow which will take more heavy snow off before night when it all freezes.
AB010E53-E14E-4067-8AA7-19AC9EC44799.jpeg C9344785-2D9B-4421-AE92-519C4CD5D9B7.jpeg CA8EE5BB-75E9-40A9-B201-47CD45581A9F.jpeg

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JA--you have the best photos! And those furry cutie patooties with their coats on!:love:

Stay warm and safe. Let me know if you need an air drop of food and wine!

Those spikes really do grip. I was amazed and happy with the traction. Of course if you have the spikes on and are walking inside a store--you can slip. They tend to sell out very quickly here--my boots came from TO and were the last in the size and style when I got them in Nov.

Hello NIRDI's!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Sharon, so far so good, bu those spikes would have come in handy!
Hope you have a good evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, leggings are versatile and help keep you warm. Sweet. Banana Belt weather is tropical and warm. That’s certainly not what we have here. Your banana sounds perfect. I like them that way too. I told my boss this afternoon I think he and I need to set expectations and goals for this year and they should be the same for his employees and my employees. If he is going to override my numbers on appraisals it’s only fair we are grading them on the same things. I am glad to be done with my class. I have another one in February. A good friend of mine will be in that class so we can set together. That stupid role playing / group projects are so annoying. They class would be done in 1/2 of the time if we didn’t have to break up in to groups and pretend to be an employee or manager and role play a situation. Your windows are looking good.

PierreBear, one of my nieces in Houston ran her first marathon this past weekend. The other niece’s husband ran it too but he does quite a few marathons each year. Glad you got to stay home instead of venturing out on the icy roads. I hate though coughing attacks when you lay down. I have heard if you put Vicks on the bottom of your feet and wear socks to bed it will suppress your coughs. I have never tried it but I know people who swear by it. I was thinking of switching out purses tonight too. I feel bad not using my Coach Snoopy tote because it wasn’t cheap. If it had pockets I would use it more. My grandmother always put a few drops of tabasco in all of her soups. They were good too. Darn the soup in your instapot didn’t wow you; I’m not ready to jump on board that train yet. Funny you mentioned donuts for my class at work; I commented this morning when I showed up - what no donuts? People that don’t know me probably think I’m a total B. I just think I’m funny.

Jimmianne, I love your snow pictures. Some of those would be perfect photo Christmas cards. I hope you and your animals are warm, safe and sound. Sorry the snow is so wet and heavy; that does do a lot of tree damage. LOL to saying I have excellent stamina for BS; I’ll put that on my list of accomplishments for the year. That’s perfect. Oh no that your DD had a tree fall on her house. Glad everyone is okay.

Sharon, glad the spikes work so well in the snow and ice. I have some of those spikes you can pull on over your shoes; but those don’t work inside worth a darn either.

I survived the second day of class. Today was more about HR information. One big change between our former company and this one is HR does not run any of the difficult conversations such as write-ups, performance plans and terminations. It’s up to the managers. Made me wonder if an employee files a lawsuit if you have to go to court. I’m not thrilled about any of that. I have 3 more sessions on this but next month a friend of mine will be in the class so we can keep each other company.

Friday is in sight. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I thought I’d posted yesterday, but obviously not :oops:

Yikes to the cold @PierreBear , good job to staying home, Texans aren”t renowned for their experience in dealing with snow. Sorry you’re still coughing, I’ve heard about that trick with Vicks too, it’s worth a try. Are you inhaling, that should help ease your cough?

I expect you must be wondering why you’re bothering with work at the moment @marcy I wouldn’t want to do the role playing either, I don’t see what it achieves, because you know what they’re expecting you do, so what’s the point? Good idea about the discussion re: the appraisals, it’s a waste of your time if you’re just expected to say everything is fine and everyone is doing well, when they’re obviously not.

Thank goodness your daughter is ok @Jimmianne that must’ve been scary. Awww, the little horse looks so cute in his coat. What breed is your doggie? It’s cold here (for us) but our silly girl still wants to paddle in the lake:roll

The photos are stunning, is that a red cardinal in the tree?

Things are coming together at the house @missy the new windows look great. Yay to the plumbing passing the inspection and fingers crossed for Friday (although I’m sure you won’t need it.)

Hi @CJ2008 and @canuk-gal hope you’re keeping nice and warm.

Had my hair cut & coloured yesterday, phew I feel human again:lol: Off to get my nails done this afternoon. I packed the cases yesterday too, and managed to get everything in, thank goodness :D

Have a great day, and stay safe :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Austina,

She is an australienne shepherd, Isabel JOY...Issy. A clown dog always very silly and fun.
We ended up with over 10 Inches of snow, and by next week it will be in th 60’s again, thank goodness.

Marcy, I hope you are wearing enough bling to amuse you while you go through The Torture.
&
Yes, you should brag about your tolerance level on your resume.

There were so many birds at the feeder. If I had been more patient I could have gotten a lot of neat photos. So many cardinals. I microwaved some suet and one enterprising tiny finch claimed the whole bit so I’m sure he was rhe warmest bird out there yesterday.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

First of all sending big hugs and lots of healing vibes to our dear Scandi. Love you girl and we are all thinking good thoughts for you. XOXO and (((HUGS))).

Marcy thank you for explaining banana belt weather and yes please. Send some bananas our way please.:halo: Hope Marty's trip is going well and he can come home Saturday without any weather delays. Supposed to be in the 50s here this weekend and hope you guys get some of that mild weather too. Yay for surviving your second day of class. You are a trooper. And glad your friend will be joining you for the rest of the classes. I am sure the company provides insurance for you just in case of lawsuits but yes look into that. The coop board here has insurance in case the members get sued and as you know we are in such a litigious society and one cannot be too safe. Some of our NIRDIs know this unfortunately first hand. I am with you re role playing and group projects. Yay for a break till February. Thank you for the continued reno good wishes.

Sharon Oh I am tempted. I found the red Glamour in a size one to two sizes bigger than my usual size (I think I am a 40 yes I have huge feet and this is available in a 42) but I read Olang boots run small anyway..is that your experience too? Should I go for it or do you think that would be too big for my 40 feet? I am tempted but shipping is $35 to the USA so don't want to get them and then have to ship them back but I would if you agree they run small.
Those are the kind of spikes I love haha.

Jimmianne Good morning there legging twin. You know they make winter weight warm soft leggings. Cannot beat those. Greg has fleece lined jeans for you jean lovers in this weather they work great too. What beautiful photos you have shared here just gorgeous. But oh no I saw the weather by you and it's fierce. Glad you are staying comfy and safe and hope all the animals are doing the same. Poor barn animals. Hugs to everyone and thank goodness your DD is OK. How scary.

Austina yay to getting a beautiful cut and color and feeling human again haha. All ready for your trip. Thanks for the continued good reno wishes. There is so much left to do and the electrician has to come back today because he didn't finish and the inspection is still planned for tomorrow...we are going without pendant lights and fingers crossed it will still provide good functional light. He couldn't just do in case pendant lighting as the can lighting is placed in different locations for max light there if that makes sense as opposed to where he would have placed pendant lighting. So hoping we didn't make a mistake. Time will tell.

PB how are you feeling today? Are you working from home again? I hope so and if not please drive extra slowly (no Marcy speed today lol) and watch out for black ice. Stay safe and hope you are feeling lots better.

Hey there Junie how are you doing? Hope the snow is all melted soon and that your week is going well. Woohoo tomorrow is Friday!

Lots going on today. Have a good day girls!:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Good morning beauties! Thanks for all the kind thoughts about my cough. I haven’t tried the VICKs on the feet. DH did it when he had the cough and I was laughing at him since the first time I heard it was during a comedy show we listened to on Netflix. I feel like a hypocrite if I put it on my feet now… haha but I had a coworker stop by yesterday and tell me that she had the same cough that lasted 3 weeks. Nothing to do but to just wait it out. Yesterday was a better night’s sleep than usual so I was thankful for that but I’m sure tired of sleeping straight up. I’m a side sleeper!

I’m off my game today though. Brushed my teeth, washed my face, put on moisturizer and while that is soaking in I get dressed for the day and make the bed. The next usual step since I’ve got my work clothes on is to put on my accessories. Nothing fancy but some fashion earrings/necklace and a scarf to keep me warm. However, I forgot to put my rings on today for some reason. My fingers feel so naked. Didn’t realize it until I started driving to work. No more ice days, it was only that one day but the roads are safe. I think I might start keeping my old wedding band in my purse for days like this since I don’t wear it very often.

Picked up another fun dvd from the library yesterday. Anyone else a Modern Family fan? It’s nice to watch some feel good shows. It’s still pretty chilly over here though and we haven’t uncovered our cactus plants yet. I hope they survive!!! OK have a great day friends!

@missy – Great news that the plumbing passed inspection. Good luck on the electrical tomorrow! Wow, this is quite the reno…. the end result is going to be beautiful!

Thanks for sharing the photos and getting very excited for you.

@Jimmianne – I love the word putter and have a dear friend who uses it when describing her weekend activities. Oh goodness, I love the winter photos you shared. Your mini pony and pup with the blanket/jacket?! Adorable!

@marcy – Great job to your niece! A marathon is tough stuff… all that concrete is hard on the body. Did she celebrate by eating pizza, fried chicken etc?! haha : )

You know DH actually liked the instapot soup I made. He said it reminded him of chef boyardyee… I think that was supposed to be a compliment but probably won’t make it again unless I’m desperate and running out of groceries or something.

I would have completely laughed at your donut comment. It’s ok to have fun at work but still do a great job.

@Austina – I bet you look fabulous with your new hair cut/color. What color are you getting your nails done? I think I’m a strange one and rather do my own nails than let someone else to do it. Partly cost savings but umm… I am ticklish and I’m always afraid of people cutting too deep. My nails are still all bruised up from my race so I’m sure I would scare some nail ladies too. Good job on getting your cases packed!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is Scandi OK? I don’t know what happened.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB good luck at work today and 10% better is nothing to cough at...hahaha.:lol: Couldn't resist. (((HUGS))) and have a good work day sweetie.
Jimmianne she will be A OK and just wanted her to get the collective good luck vibes and healing wishes from the NIRDIs. I will email you. Scandi we love you!

To lighten up the mood thought I would try this app for fun. Anyone else try it yet?
It is fun. Just played around now and sharing the results. Used photos on my phone so not to have to look at my eyebrow.:oops2:

First up I tried Greg's art double. I think my dh is much better looking but I see some resemblance :P2

gregartdouble.jpg

artdouble1.jpg

artdouble.jpeg

artdouble.jpg

and with my glasses.
My intellectual art double. ;-)
artdoubleglasses.jpg

Haha what do you think? Not bad. :P2

This one is my favorite.

artdoubleethnic.jpg

OK that is my requisite silliness for the day. Hope you enjoyed. Anyone who is interested just download the google arts and culture app. It's fun.
OK Your turn girls! Don't be scared.
8-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy: my boots are a size 39. I think that is an 8.5? Normally I wear a 7-8 in shoes--depending on the manufacturer, but European made shoes an 8. I definitely found the boots smaller fitting--luckily the store local to me had a 39 in another style, so I was able to try them on for fit.

Hope this is helpful.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, thank you Sharon!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, please pass on my good wishes to Scandi @missy and tell her I’m thinking of her. Thank you.

What a great app, although I think you’re far better looking than the matches! I think if the ceiling lights are well positioned, you’ll have no problem at all.

I normally do my own nails @PierreBear but I had a disaster last week and broke a few, so needed some ‘corrective surgery’ on them. I’ve gone for a burgundy colour with a very faint, subtle sparkle.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, it's so exciting seeing the kitchen reno move along, the windows look great! I'm glad you've come to a decision about the lights, and I have a feeling the ceiling lights are going to work well for you. Thanks for sharing pics with us, it's fun to see the progress.

Thank you for the jeans suggestions! I'm going to giive both brands a try. I love the idea of leggings, now that sounds really comfortable. And you look fabulous in them - I won't look nearly as good as you but I'll be comfortable, which honestly is my top priority these days. I am down to one pair of comfortable jeans so I really do need to find something else to wear.

What a cool app - You are certainly more beautiful than your doubles but there is a vague similarity, so fun! I definitely see a resemblance with Greg's pics, but of course Greg is much better looking!

Austina, thank you so much for the rec on the jeans and I'm going to give the Lees a try. Jeans tend to stick out at the back for me too, grr! Glad to hear you're bringing your sparklies with you on your cruise, that ring is too pretty to leave at home. I know exactly what you mean about feeling better about getting your hair done - I am way overdo for a cut and color and my hairdresser is booked for the next 2 weeks! I don't want to think about what I'm going to look like in 2 weeks.

Marcy, ugh, your 2 day class doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. I never cared for that role-playing stuff either. What a pain you had to revise your appraisals. Good news that a friend is going to be in the next class with you though. Lol to asking where the donuts are! Seriiously, they couldn't provide a few lousy donuts?? Oh no to snow this weekend, I hope it doesn't affect Marty's flight.

PB, I have had those lingering coughs so I can sympathize - I agree, the worst part is when you're trying to sleep. I hope you see an improvement soon. Glad you had a snow day this week, sounds relaxing and fun and a nice break from work.

Jimmianne, wow, that's a lot of snow! Personally, I think you were stocked up very well for the storm, sounds like the perfect menu to me. And yes, I most certainly did stop at the jewlery counter at Costco! You know me well. I saw some pretty things too :P2 Love your pictures of the snow, gorgeous. The one with the birds with the touch of red is really beautiful. And Issy and the horse are so adorable! :love:

Hi CJ, hope all is well.

And sending good thoughts to our Scandi, I hope she is doing ok!

I had my colonoscopy today and it went very well - results were good, no polyps or abnormalities so that's a relief. Was pretty sure I'd be ok but good to know for sure. A little nausea from the prep solution (which didn't last long) and a headache and some minor muscle aches from not drinking enough fluids (my fault) but overall it really wasn't bad. I feel fine - But taking it easy today lol.

Hope everyone is having a good day, will check back soon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 woohoo! Congrats on getting your colonoscopy over with and receiving the all clear!!! So happy and relieved for you Junie. Just relax and enjoy the rest of the day and eat a little something and hope you start feeling completely back to normal very soon.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thanks Missy - Yes, definitely going to follow your advice and just take it easy for today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Austina, I do wonder why I bother and worry so much but I’m not a quitter. My boss and I talked today and we are going to change things up at the end of the month. Time will tell if it works. I’ve got to quit stewing about it when I’m trying to sleep. Yay for a hair and nail makeover. That’s great you got everything packed.

Jimmianne, that is quite a bit of snow. Glad it will melt soon. Good point to wear bling to entertain myself at work. It can’t hurt. That is cool you had a lot of cardinals show up. They are so pretty and a great contrast again the snow.

Missy, we are getting snow this weekend so enjoy your warmer weather for me. I was involved in one law suit and 2 labor / EOO complaint with the old company so sadly I’ve been there done that. Not fun at all. Fleece lined jeans are awesome. Sorry the electrician couldn’t do an in case set up for the kitchen. I sure notice different light output from our assorted canned lights so I am sure you’ll find ones that work perfect for you.

Scandi, hugs to you.

PierreBear, glad you got some sleep. That always helps. I hate that when I forget to put on rings; I panic every time I look down and my hand is bare. I have watched some Modern Family; it’s pretty funny. I am not sure if my niece celebrated with something for finishing her first marathon; I know she said she was proud of single mile and every mile was a memory. She and her sister have run quite a few half marathons. Agreed you’ve got to have some fun at work as well as doing your job. Fun app with finding your double.

Junebug, I’m with you on being comfortable in my clothes. Maybe I’ll pick up donuts tomorrow; I love those little glazed donut holes. Glad you checked out the jewelry counter at Costco. Glad to hear your test went well and I hope you feel better by tomorrow from the side effects.

Woo hoo that tomorrow is Friday. We have snow moving in tomorrow night with a cold, snowy weekend. I think I’ll make soup. And maybe finally get my bear and rabbit cookies made.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls and good morning!
I'm OK, just need a minor surgery. Short version: I'm very sensitive to gluten. Had some by mistake. Belly expanded like there was no tomorrow. Result: a tiny little hole in my abdominal wall / peritoneum. Some fat poked through. Hurt. They gave me some morphine and pushed the fat back in. But to make sure it does not happen again, they want to put in a few stitches. Waiting for a date, as it is not urgent. And now I have the flu. Probably from the ER. Too many sick people in hospital these days.... LOL.

Hope you are all doing OK! Marcy, you really are the queen of surviving work places! Jimmianne, fantastic snow pictures! And I love Issy so so much. Missy, any chance for update pictures from the kitchen reno? June, glad everything was OK!! PB I hate when I forget my rings - I feel like I have lost them and several times those days.

Hugs!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg Scandi! Had no idea that could happen. I’m glad tou are OK but very sorry. It must have been so painful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Friday!

Junie hope you spent the rest of the day yesterday relaxing and wake up feeling well. Was this your first colonoscopy? I don't remember. I have been putting it off because I don't want to go through the prep. And also I think I had a sense of false security because of the DNA testing but I am rethinking that especially given Red's results. Luckily she was smart like you and did her Colonoscopy so they were able to find the problem that they can now fix. It's all on me and not anyone else for putting it off. I was just being a scaredy cat. Something I have in common with my kitties I suppose. Haha. And a big yay to you for going through the unpleasant prep and procedure and just doing the smart thing. And I know I said it before but it is worth repeating. I am so happy your results were A OK! I am at the stage now where I see things happening and I so appreciate each and every day of good health for me and my friends. Sorry to get a bit sappy but (((Hugs))). Any weekend plans?

Marcy oh no to more snow but oh yes to it being the weekend tomorrow woohoo and for you to be able to snuggle up with the teddies your dh and enjoy homemade soup. That is sweet. We watched an excellent movie last night on Netflix...The Prestige. Highly recommend and it might help keep you entertained on a snowy weekend night. Not that you or I need any help in that department lol. I agree you need to keep your mind off work on your time off and leave the office behind. No you are not a quitter. I think and hope the kitchen lighting will be good with just the recessed lighting. Fingers crossed. Hoping Marty has a good trip home and I know you cannot wait to see him. (((Hugs))) to you both.

Austina glad you are all packed and ready to go. Glad you got your nails fixed and a subtle sparkle on the polish sounds elegant and blingy. Perfect accompaniment for your marquise.:love: Have a good weekend and hugs.

PB Oh no to forgetting your ring. I did that once but I turned around and went back lol. That only happened once to me but when I used to wear my watch I would forget that more often and I hated when I did. I never turned around for the watch however. The ring yes. Hope your day at work went well and that you are feeling much better. Oh and another thing we have in common. Both ticklish haha. Even the potential thought of being tickled makes me giggle haha that is how ticklish I am ;-) Enjoy your weekend and hugs.

Jimmianne your snow is so pretty. Hope you are enjoying the lovely winterscape. We are getting 50s here by tomorrow but it won't last too long sadly. I'm going to enjoy it while we can. Hugs to you and Issy and all the crew.

Sharon thanks again for the boot info. Did yours arrive yet? Which style/color did you get? Are you guys expecting snow this weekend like Marcy? Or are your temps warming up like ours? Have a lovely weekend and hugs.

Scandi glad you are feeling better and yes must avoid hospitals if at all possible. An excellent surgeon once told me they will make you sick. Haha bad joke but I know you will appreciate it...I will probably share pics via email and text for those of you interested. Hugs.

Looking forward to the Philharmonic this weekend. Today is another busy day. Greg is at the house meeting with the electrical inspector and dealing with many issues and he is meeting with Comcast people too as there are some other problems going on there right now that he couldn't fix himself. As always many things happening at once but hopefully everything will be sorted out.

Have a good Friday ladies!:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cabinets were delivered and Greg sent me photos. Will email and text you girls who I know are interested!
I will share these photos here however. Snow is dirty ewwww but it was a pretty sunrise this AM. I guess there are advantages to leaving here before 6AM and arriving at the beach house in the early morn.

sunrisejan2018beach.jpg

beachearlymornjan2018.jpg

P

PierreBear

Good morning! I need to keep things in perspective, after hearing about Scandi’s scare. We didn’t have a good evening yesterday as DH’s wallet was stolen while he was at the gym. He should have used a lock but kept the wallet inside his pant pocket and someone went to all the trouble to go through his items to get it. The thief managed to charge up $5K worth of items. Impressed with CC companies that called/texted immediately so we got them canceled. Just a wallet and some cash/gift cards were lost but still not a good experience. It kills me more that this person did something wrong and is profiting from it and will probably be encouraged to do it again. The gym has security cameras and mentioned they will work with the police, however, I doubt much will come from it since they probably don’t have cameras in the locker rooms.

Can I continue to be sad for a moment? I wasn’t able to unwrap all my cactus plants yet but I can already tell that some damage has happened. I have a beautiful San Pedro plant that some of its limbs are 3 to 4 feet tall and some of them snapped I suppose from the wind/ice. Poor plant babies.

Ok that’s my pity party and thanks for letting me vent. However, it’s Friday and I’m feeling better! Less coughing and yesterday was the first night I could sleep laying flat on my back. Cheers to a weekend that can only improve. Have a great one!

@canuk-gal – I think we need to see pictures of these boots!

@Austina – Burgundy is one of my favorite colors! I bet you look like a fancy model/actress now with your makeover. : )

@missy – Enjoy the philharmonic this weekend. Nice break from everything I hope. Including Greg to have a breather! Ohhh I love that first photo you took of the sunrise. Amazing colors!

@jungbug17 – Great news that the colonoscopy didn’t show any unusual results. My grandfather passed from colon cancer so I was nervous and got one done at wayyyyy too early of an age. I think I was in my early 20s when I had to drink that prep solution that was the worst thing to drink down. They said the results were inconclusive and if anything, irritable bowel syndrome. Now who doesn’t have an upset stomach/gas once in awhile. Silly… even my cat has that diagnosis supposedly.

@marcy – Rabbit and bear cookies? Do you use cookie cutters? Stay warm over there!

@Scandinavian – Sorry to hear about the gluten disaster plus the flu?!!! Ughh… may the recovery be smooth and you feel back to normal soon. Hugs and glad that you are doing ok!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww @PierreBear I am sorry sweetie. What a violation. I know how that feels as when I was in my twenties my treasured handbag from my grandmother was stolen right from under my nose at a restaurant in the Village during a date with the NYC ADA lol. I can laugh about it now (because I was out with an ADA who was/is a tough guy and very protective and yet it happened right under our noses) and no one was hurt and that is the main thing.

But it was a huge violation and it was my grandmother's bag she had given to me and something I had to remember her by and it was gone. So sad about that. However concentrate on the fact your dh wasn't hurt and no money was ultimately stolen from your accounts (the CC companies are really on it these days thank goodness) but I am sorry and sending you comforting (((hugs))).

So glad you are feeling better and coughing less. I hope that the video from the gym shows who the criminal is and that they catch him/her.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

PB--you've really had a train load of yuk come your way. You are exhausted from coughing and the mental strain of your DH's wallet being stolen is a lot. Good thing that the train is leaving and good vibes are coming your way...

Scandi--that rotten train that is leaving PB station is also leaving yours. Boat loads of goodness and health is headed your way.

My Olang boots are the Luna and they really DO remind me of the moon boots of yore! I have them in black. I have knee/thigh high Emu boots with good grips so I didn't want to duplicate and decided on mid calf. They are grippy and toasty and should I want to fly to the moon--I will be in fashion!:tongue: I took them out for another spin today, as it is bright but brisk at 4C, and I didn't loose my footing. We have the freeze thaw scenario here that makes walking precarious. All good.

https://olangcanada.com/en/produits/luna/?c=#000000

Shout out to the rest of the NIRDIs

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

That makes me so cross @PierreBear :x2. Why do people think they have the right to steal from others? Want what you have but don’t want to work for it, like you do. Grrrrrr!! As @missy says, it’s the sense of violation that’s worse than the actual theft, I’m so sorry.

I hope your cough is finally subsiding so that you’re slerping better. I’ve tried to photograph my nails so you can see the sparkle :mrgreen2:
84B478F4-A1F3-4B5F-85AB-F55D0C7A1593.jpeg

Did you see any sparklies you liked in Costco @junebug17 - I always look too :lol: So glad everything went well with your colonoscopy and you got the all clear, not a pleasant experience, but it’s over now.

So sorry you had such a nasty experience @Scandinavian it must’ve been frightening. I hope you’re feeling better from the flu and you get an appt quickly for the stitches, take good care xxx

Good news that the snow will be gone next week @Jimmianne and the weather will improve. I expect the animals will be happy to get out and graze without their jaunty coats on.

Sounds like you’ll be hunkering down and staying in this weekend @marcy what soup are you thinking of making? We had French onion Thursday and Friday. I expect you’re very glad this week is over work wise, enjoy baking some killer cookies, and of course, eating them :mrgreen:

Glad your boots have arrived @canuk-gal and are a good fit, they must be an absolute necessity in your weather, nothing worse than cold extremities.

Enjoy the philharmonic this evening @missy and yay to the cabinets arriving. There will never be too many photos of the reno, so please keep them coming :D I can’t wait to see it all finished, have they given you any idea how long it’ll take?

Had a busy day yesterday getting laundry done, bedding etc., so we’re nearly ready.

Have a great weekend lovelies :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's Caturday Saturday aka Super Cat Saturday!

Sharon, the Luna boots are very pretty! Glad they are keeping you upright in this freeze/thaw situation you have going on where you are. I just ordered the Olang Glamour in red in a size 41 (I'm about a US size 9.5 left foot though before my broken leg I was a solid 9 lol) and fingers crossed it fits as I don't think it can be returned as it was on sale. So excited. Thank you for your guidance!

GLAMOUR-rosso_1024x1024.jpg

Austina your nails are so pretty and your ring so beautiful. What a knockout combo. I wish I could have such pretty nails. Thank you for sharing the photo. Sophisticated and glamorous. Perfection. Originally the contractor said it would take about 6-8 weeks but I am skeptical and plan on it taking through March (and maybe even April). As you know anything can come up and there are lots of things to do. We are trying to figure out what to do with the kitchen front door and we think it is the original door It's a dutch door and Greg thinks it is a bit shabby but I love it and don't want to get rid of it. So we are trying to figure out how to spruce it up. All the rough electrical is in and all the insulation in the walls are added but we still have 2 windows left to be installed and our carpenter is putting them in (tomorrow) this Sunday. The kitchen still looks like a mess but things are happening. Thanks for asking.

Marcy hope the rest of your afternoon yesterday went well and Marty arrives home safely today well in advance of your upcoming snow. Enjoy your well deserved break from work and stay warm girl!

Hey to the rest of you ladies and thank you for all the lovely comments offline too.
Austina, we have an afternoon performance not an evening one because as you might remember I am not a night person anymore. More civilized this way for us. After the concert we will go out to dinner and still be home at a respectable hour. Given that Greg has been up at 4 or 5AM every day for the last few weeks with all that is going on it works out well for us. I have to laugh because my friend Tom and I talk all the time but every time it comes up he loves to reminisce about how I wouldn't leave to go out at night till 10PM and then I would always go dancing at the Palladium or The Limelight till the wee hours of the AM and then go to class that morning. LOL Tom loves to reminisce but we were in our early twenties at that time and well 30 plus years later and I don't have that kind of energy plus all my favorite dance clubs are closed. ;(

Leaving you with a photo from our security camera from yesterday afternoon. Greg showed it to me and I think it's a cool photo so sharing it here. I am calling it Icebergs on the sand aka afternoon thaw on the Arctic Circle.8)

icebergsbeachbackyard.jpg

Enjoy this lovely day ladies. Happy weekend!:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh those boots. Call me totally envious !!!
Great cam shot, it looks like a Hockney.

What are everyone’s Caturday plans?
I was able to get out yesterday even though the roads were a mess. I was hungry haha
Bought hamburger, hamburger buns and all the trimmings and feasted. Bread is my enemy but sometimes ya gotta just do something. I suppose it was better than eating a pound of cookies.

Here is Camille with « dentures » from the smile app. Is it not atrocious lol
361AB206-561A-4210-AA5C-FE6FFD965213.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha that photo is precious and creepy at the same time @Jimmianne :lol:

OK I am texting a video of the kitchen as it is now to those who are interested. Greg took it yesterday right before he left the beach house to come hack to NYC. Video of the beach kitchen as it is right now. Very interesting and hope you enjoy.

And big hugs to a certain under the weather USA NIRDI...feel better girl! Hope the rest of the family is feeling well. XOXO. I texted you the video already plus the photos.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy those boots rock! I hope they fit! The red is very popular around here!! My only tip is to keep track of the tool they give you to flip the spikes back and forth----I've misplaced it a few times already!:roll

Let me know how the fit works out.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, that sounds awful. I hope you are feeling better soon,

Jimmianne, glad you made it out and picked up some food. Camille’s “smile” is wonderful.

Missy, The Prestige sounds familiar; I’ll look it up and see if I’ve seen that before. I watched the Mountain Between Us today. It was good. That’s right we have no problems being entertained. I hope you have a wonderful time at the Philharmonic. Beautiful sunrise; I love the colors. Your cabinets look really nice. I am very anxious to see them installed. That must have been awful having your handbag taken but it is a bit ironic being on a date with an ADA when it happened. I am sorry you lost something that was so special to you though. Great looking boots in red. I hope you like them. That is funny your friend remembers when you were a total night owl. I sure go to bed earlier than I used to and definitely can’t stay up late anymore. I like your icebergs on the sand photo. I like Greg’s video of the progress on the kitchen.

PierreBear, that really stinks about your DH’s wallet being stolen and what a mess to straighten out the fraudulent charges. That would be nice if they can figure out who took it from security cameras. I swear we need cameras on everything these days. Oh no that your cactus plants have some damage on them. Glad to hear your cough is better and you got to sleep on your back. I hope both you and your DH have a quiet, restful weekend. I did order the cookie cutters from Amazon. I didn’t get to the cookies today though but I was busy.

Sharon, great boots and in that weather you can’t beat something that keeps you warm and has great traction.

Austina, I have to admit I was looking at your picture before I read your caption and I wasn’t paying attention to your nails. I was enjoying your gorgeous ring. But after I read your caption I did go see the sparkle in your polish. Very pretty. I am glad not to be working but didn’t get my cookies made. I ran around too much this morning. I am making a beef, veggie and noodle soup tomorrow. I can’ hardly wait.

Last night was the astronomy club meeting. We had a teenager show up decked out in astronomy clothes - hat, shirt and shoes. He has 2 small scopes, binoculars and seemed to know a lot about astronomy. It’s nice to have someone show up really interested in the sky.

Marty got home about an hour ago and he’s napping on the couch already. He didn’t sleep much last night. He ate near Jared’s and wanted to know if he should bring me anything. I said I don’t know without looking.

I got up about 7:30, got my grocery shopping done then went for my hair cut at 9 am. I ran a few more errands then came home and took a shower. It was 11 am by then so I went out to lunch. I ordered a filet cooked medium and it was pretty much rare in my book so I ate around the edges and filled up on their homemade rolls, mashed potatoes and applesauce. Marty gets my leftover rare steak.

I got our sheets washed and put back this afternoon and now I’m just waiting for the snow to start. I watched the Mountain Between Us earlier; it was pretty good.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results