shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions with 1 TCW studs

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would love a large eternity band and DH knows I am saving towards that. But, lately I have been getting distracted. I have .6 TCW studs with jackets. (I bought them way before I knew anything about diamonds. So, they are not the best and are SMALL.)

I am now thinking about a pair of 1 TCW diamond studs. Do you think I will diamond shrinkage after wearing them for awhile? My budget is up to $3K, so I do understand I have to make compromises. They are also super ideal w paperwork so I can upgrade in the future. I would like to by a pair knowing that I will be upgrading in the future. I also do not mind a warmer color stone.

Here's the diamonds (I asked and she wasn't able to put them on hold for me):
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ls/0.543-j-vs2-round-diamond-ags-104097387053
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ls/0.536-j-vs1-round-diamond-ags-104094754035

I would like a WG Martini set. If you have any other diamond suggestions, please let me know. I am open to other venues, as well.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure why they wouldn't put them on hold for you. That said, Brian Gavin signature are very nice diamonds.

Have you checked whiteflash? (Less restrictive upgrade policy)

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am so indecisive and feel that I always need a little extra time to make a decision. So, I was a little disappointed that they could not be held just for today while I go through this process.

I emailed WF and explained that I do focus on the numbers. She sent these two to me:
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3502510.htm
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3171991.htm

The price is less than BG but wondering if they also show hearts and arrows?
ETA: I just ran the numbers and they are .9 and 1.1 in Holloway. I originally thought the #s were higher.

Last edited:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stones that I have an AGS 0 (ideal) are likely going to have hearts and arrows. However, you usually don't see those unless you have a hearts and arrows viewer. Also, you don't need to run the HCA tool on AGS-0 stones. AGS-0 trumps the HCA, as they have already been subjected to 40,000 rays of light to assess light return performance.

Any particular reason that whiteflash didn't pull you a couple of J stones?

If you're willing to spend the money on the Brain Gavin stones, give that same budget to Whiteflash and see what they have to offer in a J color.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Stones that I have an AGS 0 (ideal) are likely going to have hearts and arrows. However, you usually don't see those unless you have a hearts and arrows viewer. Also, you don't need to run the HCA tool on AGS-0 stones. AGS-0 trumps the HCA, as they have already been subjected to 40,000 rays of light to assess light return performance.

Any particular reason that whiteflash didn't pull you a couple of J stones?

If you're willing to spend the money on the Brain Gavin stones, give that same budget to Whiteflash and see what they have to offer in a J color.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for that information! WF did not have any stones that were in a J color in that price range. I could wait and keep checking to see if any come avail in the future. I realized what I did not like about the Wf ones. The certs were from 2015 and 2016. I was thinking that they have been passed over by many or returned when someone upgraded.

I also reached out to GOG but I am not good at navigating through their website.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As for the martini settings, some people have complained that the point that they come to can settle into the piercing and expand it. If that is a concern, I'd opt for a setting that either comes to a U or a basket.

I see that BGD has a 10% off coupon for venereal disease day. :appl:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bought a pair of diamond studs for my daughter with martini setting at BGD. Worked with Lesley. You may want to give her a call and see if she will hold the diamonds you posted. Good luck.

Edit: after I wrote above post I remembered that I bought the Fiore Jackets for the studs for her, and they make the entire presentation look bigger, so maybe you want to try them with your current studs or buy the jackets with the new ones.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@ PintoBean - That was funny!!! Yes, I was trying to finalize the studs since they have a current coupon code. Also, thanks for the heads up regarding the setting.

I may have to buy a CZ pair to try just to make sure .5 won't feel too small for me. So, maybe I will for for that setting, as well.

@WillyDiamond, I am working with Jaime already and she emailed that I can buy them and then have 24 hours to cancel to guarantee that I will get them since she was not able to hold stones. I do not want to rush into it, either.

I will also look at the jackets.

Thanks!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Let us know what you think of fiore jackets at BGD
Best of luck

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Let us know what you think of fiore jackets at BGD
Best of luck
I never looked at them before and thank you for suggesting them. When the time comes to finally take the plunge, I will def be getting them. I looked at the pic before the price and estimated $500 in my head. Then, looked to the right and was shocked they were so inexpensive. I first thought because the silver was posted but then clicked on WG and could not believe the price. They look like there is a lot of intricate work to them and will def compliment the diamonds well. Now, just need the bling!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I still did not make a decision. Any suggestions or other venues?

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
UPDATE:

I finally pulled the trigger! I decided that I needed to start somewhere and hoping this is a great starter pair! I went with IDJ and they are .61 each color J and XXX. I also love that they are able to be upgraded.

I just have to finalize setting. Reading and researching here...I thought I wanted a low profile martini. But, concerned about Pinto Bean stated about settling into the piercing and expanding it.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
UPDATE:

I finally pulled the trigger! I decided that I needed to start somewhere and hoping this is a great starter pair! I went with IDJ and they are .61 each color J and XXX. I also love that they are able to be upgraded.

I just have to finalize setting. Reading and researching here...I thought I wanted a low profile martini. But, concerned about Pinto Bean stated about settling into the piercing and expanding it.

I can’t wait to see them, a pair of diamond studs is on my wish list. They would be the size I would be looking to buy too :lol:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Great news!! And .61 ct each, especially for a starter set, is awesome!!!

I have martinis - super sturdy ones - and they do not expand my piercing. However, my both pairs of my 2nd hole studs are wire baskets and the my do sit noticeably farther out of my lobe. So I've been thinking of resetting them into martinis ... but they're smaller than the sturdy stones, so I am hesitant cuz I don't want a pointy sharp vee poking into my piercing.

I have seen some six prong martinis that have a slight curve to meet the post. Those might work (but wouldn't match my three prong martinis).
Sorry , not helping you much.

Can't wait to see pics when you get them.

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IDJ is so great for studs - especially when you are trying to balance size, specs and budget. Looks like he it it out of the park for you too!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ringo865, thank you for the reassurance about the martini's. I also asked for larger sturdy backings.

tuckie, YES! I was very pleasantly surprised when I sent Jade my specifications. I asked for the largest possible and thought it would be .5's. I feel like I was able to get .6's for the price of .5's.

I will post pics when they arrive!

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That’s a beautiful set. We have 1.2 tcw also as a daily wear and they’re just the perfect size. Also a vote for 3 prong martini’s to allow the diamonds to shine

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That’s a beautiful set. We have 1.2 tcw also as a daily wear and they’re just the perfect size. Also a vote for 3 prong martini’s to allow the diamonds to shine
Thank you, I always wanted a 1 carat in each ear but if I keep waiting, that day may never come. This felt right and knowing that I can upgrade in the future, is a bonus.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 has 4 prong baskets from IDJ and they are set so low with such dainty claws that all I ever see are diamonds. She has jumbo backs which are like push up bras so that the diamonds are up and not dropping and also this support is just as important in letting the diamonds shine.

You can't tell in 2d pics but in real life it's just blinding bling. :lol-2:She pulls her hair in front of her ears when she walks through questionable neighborhoods bc they're that blingy bahahahahahahaha.

I bezel set everything cuz I'm a size ho:whistle:

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@ac117 has 4 prong baskets from IDJ and they are set so low with such dainty claws that all I ever see are diamonds. She has jumbo backs which are like push up bras so that the diamonds are up and not dropping and also this support is just as important in letting the diamonds shine.

You can't tell in 2d pics but in real life it's just blinding bling. :lol-2:She pulls her hair in front of her ears when she walks through questionable neighborhoods bc they're that blingy bahahahahahahaha.

I bezel set everything cuz I'm a size ho:whistle:
You are hysterical! I just looked at her thread and thinking I should call and ask for low profile baskets instead, if it is not too late? Both DDs have little diamonds from IDJ and they are also baskets but I don’t think low profile. They sparkle like firecrackers and so tiny. I tell teenage DD to also cover them. She tells me that she does w her Beats-protect jewels, take electronics.

ETA-looking through your threads and loved the lotus looking settings. I would have loved to see you in IDJ as my DD would have loved to watch you ac117 in action in IDJ. She would have learned so much! She knows that hers are able to be upgraded and will take advantage of it in the future.

Last edited:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love a large eternity band and DH knows I am saving towards that. But, lately I have been getting distracted. I have .6 TCW studs with jackets. (I bought them way before I knew anything about diamonds. So, they are not the best and are SMALL.)

I am now thinking about a pair of 1 TCW diamond studs. Do you think I will diamond shrinkage after wearing them for awhile? My budget is up to $3K, so I do understand I have to make compromises. They are also super ideal w paperwork so I can upgrade in the future. I would like to by a pair knowing that I will be upgrading in the future. I also do not mind a warmer color stone.

Here's the diamonds (I asked and she wasn't able to put them on hold for me):
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ls/0.543-j-vs2-round-diamond-ags-104097387053
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ls/0.536-j-vs1-round-diamond-ags-104094754035

I would like a WG Martini set. If you have any other diamond suggestions, please let me know. I am open to other venues, as well.
Hi Staceyjan,
I have a pair of half carat August Vintage round studs being delivered tomorrow. They are set into Stuller white gold settings. I can post a photo here when I get them if you like.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Staceyjan,
I have a pair of half carat August Vintage round studs being delivered tomorrow. They are set into Stuller white gold settings. I can post a photo here when I get them if you like.
So excited for you! I would love to see pics of them. Thank you!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are hysterical! I just looked at her thread and thinking I should call and ask for low profile baskets instead, if it is not too late? Both DDs have little diamonds from IDJ and they are also baskets but I don’t think low profile. They sparkle like firecrackers and so tiny. I tell teenage DD to also cover them. She tells me that she does w her Beats-protect jewels, take electronics.

ETA-looking through your threads and loved the lotus looking settings. I would have loved to see you in IDJ as my DD would have loved to watch you ac117 in action in IDJ. She would have learned so much! She knows that hers are able to be upgraded and will take advantage of it in the future.

I love my IDJ basket setting - I specifically asked for a low set basket and claw prongs. Like @PintoBean said, their claw prongs are so delicate that they just disappear! I prefer the symmetry of 4 prongs over 3 personally and was very concerned about the martini setting stretching my piercings so I didn't even consider them. My previous set had screwbacks and they just always drooped so I did the jumbo push backs this time around and have had no issues! Can't wait to see yours!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! They are so fast and did not have the heart to ask to change them now since they are already done. So, I will watch my piercings closely and see if they start to stretch. If not, I will keep the setting. I will be receiving them Tues.
Thank you everyone!
At least I got the jumbo pushbacks.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They will be fabulous! Can't wait to see them!! :appl:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, ac117!!!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OMG. they are so beautiful. I can’t believe they are really basket settings. I am getting excited for my pair. Thank you so much for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results