shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond has better light performance based on pics?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep get the K. Call it Special K. Eat it for breakfast.

Ok, maybe not that last thing. :geek2:

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The smaller diamond is a GIA XXX 1.82 carat H colored VS1.
The bigger diamond is a WF ACA 2.014 carat K colored VS2.

What one do YOU like better? No matter what anyone else says or thinks the most important thing is you like it because you are the one paying for it and the one who has to live with it daily. PS is always a great place to get opinions but in the end YOUR opinion is the only one that matters (well yours and the person who is receiving the ring) :D

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, the ring is for my soon to be fiancee...so it's her call really :lol:

But I think all other things aside, she likes the bigger stone. I don't mind paying a few hundred more for the bigger stone with the better cut.

What one do YOU like better? No matter what anyone else says or thinks the most important thing is you like it because you are the one paying for it and the one who has to live with it daily. PS is always a great place to get opinions but in the end YOUR opinion is the only one that matters (well yours and the person who is receiving the ring) :D

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you wear both rings on your finger, you should see much more darkness or your finger colour under the table of the leaky diamond. Clean them both, wear them both and walk around in various lighting, focusing mainly in the middle. Once you see leakage and it's hard to unsee!
At the moment you have a white background in the box which makes leakage much more concealed, and doesn't reflect real usage
Play with the stones in spot lights as well and you'll see how much easier it is to light up the arrows and lower girdles of the WF stone (the bits between the arrows)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Working for a vendor I can not comment on the diamonds.
Diamonds pick up color from the environment around them and if you see color that is not likely to be body color and especially if it is in different parts of the diamond it is most likely that the color is being picked up from something around the diamond.

Look at both stones in as many different lighting conditions as possible and what really matters is how they look to your eyes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results