shape
carat
color
clarity

mint trillion pair - where to find?

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'll dig out this old thread, in the hope that GlamMosher is still around. I am curious about how this project continued as I am looking for a pair of mint green trillions myself right now :)
I also must say I adore the colour combo you had in mind, your tourmaline's colour is so very special and gorgeous!

And the colour wheel.
colour_wheel.jpg

Does this all help?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
EECF2A36-6A1E-42F1-B9A5-5A7B5C06EC22.jpeg I’m not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this is a minty beryl in a modified trilliant (.78 carats). I bought it at a gem show. The lapidary also has a good website on Etsy called Foothillsgems. The stone is on the left.

Attachments

• 5F56A552-8251-4D8C-8415-C0ADE9473624.jpeg
    5F56A552-8251-4D8C-8415-C0ADE9473624.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 10

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'll check the site out. Yes, this colour looks perfect! I need good gem shows around me too! The one in my little city, didn't really have anything as "fancy" as trillions ;-)

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
"The Bearded Gemcutter"

I like that. Just messaged him. Fingers crossed.

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
For everyone else who might look at this hitchhiked thread: This is the colour palette I love, maybe a bit paler too.

minty.jpg

I've seen these colours in kornerupines, tourmalines, sapphires, beryls, merelani garnets, fluorites ... and am pretty much open to anything. Colour match is not so important, size match only moderately, about 4-6mm trillions. I like the more triangular shapes more than the rounder ones...

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"The Bearded Gemcutter"

I like that. Just messaged him. Fingers crossed.
He’s really nice. I also bought a “what color is that” spinel from him. I would highly recommend him. I would buy from him again.

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Haha, I've never heard of "what color is that" stones. I guess they are somewhat ambiguous in color perception?
May I ask what you paid for your minty trillion roughly?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha, I've never heard of "what color is that" stones. I guess they are somewhat ambiguous in color perception?
May I ask what you paid for your minty trillion roughly?
The spinel I bought from him is the shiftiest I have ever seen. Depending on the light, I have seen silver, gray, blue, lavender, pinkish.

I don’t remember what I paid for the minty beryl, but my total bill for the two stones was $125-$130 and the spinel was more expensive. I’m going to guess that it was between $40-$50. I normally don’t buy single stones under a carat, but green beryl is hard to find and this was the prettiest green beryl I had ever seen. I loved the cut. I’m not sure if he cut the spinel, but I’m positive he cut the beryl. I remember commenting on how beautiful the cut was and he said thank you.

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, that's a steal! What size is yours? I'm expecting to pay $200 for the pair. Maybe I can try to negotiate? ;-)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll dig out this old thread, in the hope that GlamMosher is still around. I am curious about how this project continued as I am looking for a pair of mint green trillions myself right now :)

You may want to contact Yvonne Raley. GlamMosher mentions her. Prima, also mentioned by GM, is one of her sources plus she is headed to Tucson at the end of the month and is asking what folks are looking for.

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Great advice, thank you!

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
GlamMosher, thank you so much for sharing pics of your fabulous ring.

I finally got lucky too. Yvonne Raley sourced these minty trillions for me. I choose a slighly colour-mismatched pair (first and third stone). Super happy with them! Thanks everyone for your help.

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 16.23.14.png

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results