shape
carat
color
clarity

Look at what showed up at my house on Sunday

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WW, oh no! Hopefully she comes back to you soon.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no. And oh wow. I hope she knows where the l food is and comes back. Good news that she felt good enough to run, but man.

I had a runner once, had to be sure the leash was on before the door opened or yah, gone in a flash. And she didn't speak English so wouldn't come when called. Or stay.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that’s not what I was expecting to hear! My Son has a Walker’s Treeing Coon Hound and when she gets the scent, she’s off to the races.
She knows where to find you WW, and I pray she does.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that’s not what I was expecting to hear! My Son has a Walker’s Treeing Coon Hound and when she gets the scent, she’s off to the races.
She knows where to find you WW, and I pray she does.

The vet said she is that breed-- Walker's treeing coon hound. She has the black and blue sweater on but it is going to be so cold tonight.

I just went out to look for her.

I'm going to try not to beat myself up about it-- and maybe she will come back.... but I knew better. I seriously underestimated her fortitude and strength.

Like everyone says, she knows where she is welcome, where it is warm and where the food is.

The vet gave her an antibiotic shot. She has no heartworms. But, based on the worn paw pads and the abrasions on her lower legs and general condition, she felt this is a lost hunting dog situation and not a neglect situation.

I guess this is how she got lost in the first place.:blackeye:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so, so sorry, whitewave. It never occurred to me that she would run away. Laurie (Jewelfreak) here on Pricescope raised Siberian Huskies and they were a breed that ran away and never looked back. Now you are all telling me that hounds are that way, too. I never had a breed that was like that-and I have had dogs all my life. My worry always was that if my dog got out s/he would be hit by a car or would get lost. Both were real possibilities here, but mainly the being hit by a car. An escaped dog could mean a dead dog within minutes. If the dog were not hit by a car and did not go off too far, the dog would return home. That's because Cocker Spaniels, retrievers, and Newfoundlands are really homebodies, I guess. They are stupid and risk their lives for a thrill, but if they don't die on their adventures, they come home.

I am praying for Ruby.

Deb

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cry2:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I think she will be back soon. She is a smart girl, but she has instincts too, and they led her into the woods. I have a greyhound who has gotten outside of our fenced yard 2x, traveled quite a distance (a few miles, but still), and made his way back (into the fenced yard thru the section that was damaged) both times, beyond any expectation I might have had that he could do so, and with me running around the neighborhood like a crazy lady screaming his name. Ruby found her way to you once, and she will do it again, I just know it. The food and garage are great ideas. Keep us posted.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Walker’s Treeing Coonhounds are very smart dogs. You definitely shouldn’t be too hard on yourself about this. You have a generous heart and gave her food, shelter and care. I’m really hoping she’ll be back.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I really appreciate the hopefulness...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope that she either comes back to you or has the strength now to find her original owner if indeed originally she was lost.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Poor girl! It does sound like the help she got made a huge difference already. Hoping she finds her way back to safety again soon!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe she went back home.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since its a tracking dog, it has a great sense of smell. Can you and your daughters go out and walk in the woods tomorrow, maybe even rubbing your hands on trees? I know that probably sounds so weird, but with her sense of smell, she can track you home if she can find your scent trail...

Q

Queenie60

:cry2::cry2: Hoping she finds her way back to you. I'll pray for Ruby.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!! Sigh....I sincerely hope she is okay and safe. It must be brutal to not know what's happened to her :(2. Will be sending lots of positive thoughts your way and Ruby's way.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope she finds her way back to you, I would go for a walk in the woods as well to give her a chance at finding you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone I know lost her dogs out on a walk, they smelt something and they took off. They were frantic, 3 days later, they got home to find the 2 escapees had returned.

Hopefully Ruby will be back, or find her previous home. You cared, which is the most important thing, she’s got a fighting chance having had rest and care. She’s got a coat on and had AB cover, so she’s in a lot better shape than 4 days ago.

Don’t beat yourself up, maybe there’s a frantic owner out there praying for her miraculous return.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since its a tracking dog, it has a great sense of smell. Can you and your daughters go out and walk in the woods tomorrow, maybe even rubbing your hands on trees? I know that probably sounds so weird, but with her sense of smell, she can track you home if she can find your scent trail...

We did that yesterday too and my daughter left her sock in the woods....

I'm hoping she found her pack, but, yes, I am leaving in a bit to go look....

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone I know lost her dogs out on a walk, they smelt something and they took off. They were frantic, 3 days later, they got home to find the 2 escapees had returned.

Hopefully Ruby will be back, or find her previous home. You cared, which is the most important thing, she’s got a fighting chance having had rest and care. She’s got a coat on and had AB cover, so she’s in a lot better shape than 4 days ago.

Don’t beat yourself up, maybe there’s a frantic owner out there praying for her miraculous return.

That is what I was thinking-- maybe her owner got a nice surprise last night

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! It's terrible not knowing. :( I'm sure she will either come back, or find her owner. Please keep us updated.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well this stinks @whitewave. Perhaps she was out with her owner and just ran off without being able to find her way back. My dad had coon hounds for years and the young ones their first few times out just don't have the ability to control themselves and will run off.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, thank you for rescuing this dog. Looked like on the edge of death. I'm sorry to hear that she ran off. I hope either she comes back to her original owner, or you. We have a mixed breed dog (according to that dna test 1/2 fox terrier, 1/4 treeing walker coonhound (sp), 1/4 german shepherd. I was so stressed when we first got him at a year old, because he would not stay in the yard. He would run off and not come when called, and run farther away when chased. We have a 6 foot fence, but he could get out by jumping off a tree and between the crack of the fence where the tree intersected, and when we fixed those two areas, he would dig underneath and get out. It was really scary because I would think he would get hit by a car and be the last time I'd see him. But he always eventually came back.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would it make sense to put up a few signs in case anyone else in the area sees her? Not sure how heavily wooded the area is, if you have neighbors close by, etc. but it may put some extra eyes on the case for you. Thinking of you and Ruby (and your daughter too!)

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Omg.....heart breaking......
FM

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, there are miracles! Your baby girl is back home! Thank the good Lord!

Deb :wavey:

Edited to Add: Cuddle her for me!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was 15 degrees last night... again, I don't know how she did it.

Naughty sausage is right.... ths dog is going to be the death of me.... she is going to have to move on to a more secure foster area-- after I get her stabilized.

She isn't chipped by the way. I'm slapping a tile on a collar on her. She isn't fixed, the vet didn't palpate a pregnancy and she is about 2 years old.

I haven't found any ads about a missing hound....

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! Been checking on your thread hoping for this update! Crazy pupper, so glad she’s back!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, she is O.K, she has such a sweet face!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results