shape
carat
color
clarity

Adding pave to finished ring

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I haven’t posted in a while but am having a small dilemma. I just ordered a custom ring and everything looks great, except I wanted the pave band to be full eternity (and paid for this upgrade).

I received the ring via FedEx today and unfortunately, it’s not full eternity. The pave only extends to about 4 and 8. I contacted the vendor and he said to ship it back so he can add the rest of the pave, but what I’m wondering is, will I be able to tell that the melee were added after the fact?

My husband thinks that the stones added now will be more likely to fall out or will not be aligned/spaced out properly.

I’m guessing I could just keep the ring as is and get a refund for the upgrade. However, all my other rings are full eternity and I have never had any problems, and besides, I just like full eternity bands.

So my questions are, can pave be added after the fact and if I go ahead with this option, will the ring lose structural integrity and/or will it look like it was “fixed?” Thanks for your help.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t settle. You commissioned and paid for an eternity band, that’s what you should have. Since you have contacted the vendor and s/he has asked you to send it back for modifications, that’s what I would do. I think communicating your concerns to the vendor would be a good idea. Perhaps they would agree to make you a new ring if you are not happy with the modifications. I bet you won’t be able to tell where the new melee has been added. :P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results