shape
carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Queenie60 I take pics with my cell. I don't know if it will help but I usually zoom in about 1.2 to 1.5 and find that it catches pretty good pics that way.

Q

Queenie60

It is beautiful!!! :love: What are the dimensions? What do you think of the color?
its' 8.07 X 8.06, square and it's so sparkly that I can't see the color! Not yet sure how to set it???? Was going to send it to Erica today however I want to wait a while to look at many different settings. It will be a fun travel ring.

MarM

Rough_Rock
Elle, did you receive your stone yet? How are you liking it? Can you post some pictures?

I really want one but I can't decide on square or rectangular and I have no idea how to set it which makes the decision even harder.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle, did you receive your stone yet? How are you liking it? Can you post some pictures?

I really want one but I can't decide on square or rectangular and I have no idea how to set it which makes the decision even harder.

I don't have it yet.:cry: It's still in the process of being cut and I was told it should be another week. :cry2: Can you tell I'm impatient? :lol-2: I think deciding between square and rectangular is a personal decision. I have a thing for elongated stones so it was a no brained for me. I like the look of longer gems on my fingers (ovals, cushions, radiant, etc.). Do you have a preference for certain shapes?

You can be sure I'm going to post plenty of pics. I've already thought of a million ways to set it (and Pinterest is only increasing my options). :D

MarM

Rough_Rock
I don't have it yet.:cry: It's still in the process of being cut and I was told it should be another week. :cry2: Can you tell I'm impatient? :lol-2: I think deciding between square and rectangular is a personal decision. I have a thing for elongated stones so it was a no brained for me. I like the look of longer gems on my fingers (ovals, cushions, radiant, etc.). Do you have a preference for certain shapes?

You can be sure I'm going to post plenty of pics. I've already thought of a million ways to set it (and Pinterest is only increasing my options). :D

What size and color did you order? Have you decided on a setting?

I don't know about a having preference for certain shapes, I've only ever had or tried on rounds. I was thinking about getting either a 3 stone ring with side trapezoids or a solitaire. Maybe I'll just go with a 1.05 l:w ratio and call it a day?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size and color did you order? Have you decided on a setting?

I don't know about a having preference for certain shapes, I've only ever had or tried on rounds. I was thinking about getting either a 3 stone ring with side trapezoids or a solitaire. Maybe I'll just go with a 1.05 l:w ratio and call it a day?

It's a 3ct equivalent rectangular cushion in the H, I, J color range (I'm pretty sure it's a 1.10 ratio).

A three stone ring would be lovely. I've always wanted one with trap sides. I still haven't picked out a setting but I've been scrolling through Pinterest like a fanatic. So far, I'm thinking diamond halo or diamond pave band. Decisions decisions. :lol:

Here are a couple of my favorite so far...
IMG_2394.jpg
IMG_2395.jpg
IMG_2396.jpg

And this ones for you...
IMG_2397.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
ok- where are you all finding these? I see them on Amora site, but where else are they located. I'd love to get one for a travel ring!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a 3ct equivalent rectangular cushion in the H, I, J color range (I'm pretty sure it's a 1.10 ratio).

A three stone ring would be lovely. I've always wanted one with trap sides. I still haven't picked out a setting but I've been scrolling through Pinterest like a fanatic. So far, I'm thinking diamond halo or diamond pave band. Decisions decisions. :lol:

Here are a couple of my favorite so far...
IMG_2394.jpg
IMG_2395.jpg
IMG_2396.jpg

And this ones for you...
IMG_2397.jpg

I have that second photo saved too!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok- where are you all finding these? I see them on Amora site, but where else are they located. I'd love to get one for a travel ring!!

Since the copyright expired for a certain brand of Moissanite (was it C&C?), a lot of the sellers we are already familiar with have started selling moissy.
Julia B on etsy
JYB jewels (check out her instagram) :kiss2:
Love affair diamonds (I think I've only seen those on instagram too).
August vintage inc (that's a new gorgeous collection from @Rhino )

Maybe we should start a list of good moissy brands so everyone can find it easily.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Since the copyright expired for a certain brand of Moissanite (was it C&C?), a lot of the sellers we are already familiar with have started selling moissy.
Julia B on etsy

Maybe we should start a list of good moissy brands so everyone can find it easily.

thanks!! Yes it was C&C whose copyright expired. I was never too impressed with the stones I had seen from them. But the AVC elongated cushions are another story!!!! It looks like their sale has been discontinued-bummer.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Julia B on etsy

LAD’s antique moissy page is live! http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/loose-antique-cut-moissanite/
Also I’ve got 2 6.5mm rose cuts coming from JuliaB so will post up pictures when they arrive (being cut now so I have to wait aargh!)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s the yellow gold one in the Stuller thread that I commented on with the style number, except I ordered it in white. The sample in the store was a similarly-sized princess, so I got a little feel for what it’s going to look like. Is it two weeks yet?!?

I wanted my original ER set east-west, but the store talked me out of it. I’ve always regretted it a little, and this time the salesperson and the bench guy both said this one was perfect for E-W (and when I showed them claw prongs in a photo, they pulled out an order they were working on to show me they could do them), so I am cautiously optimistic this is going to turn out well. I don’t have a regular local jeweler, so I talked to a bunch of stores around me and this was the only one where the bench guy came out and showed me his work and talked about the details.

Is it done yet? :D

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Is it done yet? :D

@elle_71125, they called just as I got home to say it was ready, but the jeweler is near my office so I restrained myself and did not go back to that side of town. I’ll pick it up tomorrow during lunch and post photos. I think I see you posting on the AV IG - I’ll send you a friend request there, too, if that’s okay?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125, they called just as I got home to say it was ready, but the jeweler is near my office so I restrained myself and did not go back to that side of town. I’ll pick it up tomorrow during lunch and post photos.
OMG how did you ever stop from rushing over to pick it up? :eek2: I'm in awe of such restraint!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG how did you ever stop from rushing over to pick it up? :eek2: I'm in awe of such restraint!

Right! That a Herculean level of restraint. :eek2::lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125, they called just as I got home to say it was ready, but the jeweler is near my office so I restrained myself and did not go back to that side of town. I’ll pick it up tomorrow during lunch and post photos. I think I see you posting on the AV IG - I’ll send you a friend request there, too, if that’s okay?

Yay!!! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! :dance:
Yup, that's me on instagram. :D

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Y’all.

The setting is so perfect. Cathedral, milgrain, a tiny bit of swirly filigree - yum. I’m thrilled with what a nice job they did on the prongs. And east-west is everything I hoped it would be. I have really large fingers that are short and e-w fills up that short, wide space perfectly.

At some point, I had a moment of panic that the I-J color would be horrible in white gold and have fretted about that. I should never have worried. I wore it and my E-colored ER on the same finger for a while this afternoon and it’s more tinted, but not in a bad way - it’s definitely not yellow.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness. Please post a million more pictures? That's lovely!

MarM

Rough_Rock
That setting looks gorgeous! I'm glad the I-J color doesn't look bad, I have a FB OEC and the tint drives me crazy sometimes

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks amazing!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results