shape
carat
color
clarity

Light for extra performance?

milkyway

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
I am curious about if there is a specific kind of light source or flashlight that you can use to shine on a diamond to make it look extra sparkly. Perhaps the lights commonly used in brick and mortar stores? Or is it just any kind of light like LED or incandescent light?

I am asking because I am making a ring box and was thinking of adding a light that shines on the diamond when it opens.
Thanks

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Multiple light sources enable reflections to come from a larger number of facets, which is why jewellery shops use lots of spotlights and even twinkling / rotating LED fittings.

I think you would need a big box to enable the light performance to really be good, by creating some distance between the stone and the light source(s)?

I think it would just be easier to propose in a room or a venue with lighting that is conducive to making diamonds look good :)

Although if a stone is very well cut, it will still look great regardless of the lighting conditions! (with the exception of bright sunlight, of course, in which well-cut stones tend to go dark.)

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Milkyway,

if you shop online for lighted ring boxes you will find most use LED lights - so you can try that. It's so thoughtful that you're making the box yourself. But, do keep in mind that a single light source shining on the ring is not going to be the same effect as multiple lights that you see in Brick and Mortar stores. Wish you all the best with the box and the proposal!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all,
I am curious about if there is a specific kind of light source or flashlight that you can use to shine on a diamond to make it look extra sparkly. Perhaps the lights commonly used in brick and mortar stores? Or is it just any kind of light like LED or incandescent light?

I am asking because I am making a ring box and was thinking of adding a light that shines on the diamond when it opens.
Thanks

B2C uses boxes with LED lights. Super cool

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results