shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your "I" colored diamonds!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shouldn't what's right always be welcome, if not preferred?
Of course Kenny. I was just funnin’ with ya after you referred to yourself as a Debbie Downer. Guess you didn’t find it humorous.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course Kenny. I was just funnin’ with ya after you referred to yourself as a Debbie Downer. Guess you didn’t find it humorous.
Okay.
LOL:|

Humor, online, can be tricky. :D

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
btw, @CharlotteYork I just bought an I but I haven't gotten it from WF either...

I just clicked over and read about your ring... we will be diamond twins!! I too want my engagement and wedding rings to sit flush, thus the custom ring. :) I cannot wait to see yours! When is it expected to arrive?

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A few years ago I upgraded to a 2.5 carat I color VS1 Brian Gavin Signature diamond and I had the same concerns especially since the diamond in my previous ring was F in color. I didn't need to worry though because the diamond is gorgeous in real life and I have no regrets. The only time I can see a difference between the I and the F is when I hold them up next to each other in good lighting and look at them from the side. Then I can tell them apart, but the I is not yellow it is just not as white as the F.
You new ring is going to be stunning!

IMG_3874.jpg IMG_0438.jpg

Your ring is gorgeous!!! This makes me feel so much better, thank you for sharing! So white indeed!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I won’t lie, the H was the whitest one and I never really saw much tint from the side. With the I, I guess you can notice a little bit of a tint sometimes, but it is not something obvious and no one but you will see it. The 6 prongs cover the profile pretty well, so I would probably recommend a 6 prong setting if you are worried about the profile view. I will say that I just take diamond color as is and I can appreciate any color. For me cut and size were #1 priority and I color is more “mind clean” to me, but I don’t have problem with lower colors. I think that you are worrying for no reason and I think that you will love your new diamond!

Oh and thank you for the compliments :)

Yes, I agree, I think I am being paranoid. All of the I diamonds I see here are stunning!! My solitaire will have six prongs, so I am glad to know that will help. Cut and size were my two priorities as well. :)

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
WoW...these are some gorgeous rings! Hey for once a thread I can actually contribute to in a meaningful way! I absolutely love my wonky little 1.91 EOC "I"

FWIW, I HATE my hands (so embarrassed) and I shy away from taking photos of myself... and for a number of reasons, these are the only pics I have of my ring
OEC.4.jpg

OEC.5.jpg

What a stunning ring! My current ring has an OEC in an antique setting, and I absolutely love it. Too sentimental to ever part with... it will be moving to my right hand when my new rings arrive! :)

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Woh time ,when you see tons of diamonds ,you can easy detect the color ,it’s like with teeth :))all of them look quiet white ,but it’s different white :)if that make sense . I have H and I diamonds , they look almost identical color wise , the most color I can see from the side ,esp in the car . It’s my place for detecting tints in diamonds :)) also you can see a tint when you loook at the stone near the window . But the mojority of the time it’s white . Like G white

That is a really great way of putting it into perspective. And who is going to go stare at your diamond that closely to ever notice anyway?!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Color is subjective but I happen to love my "I" colored ACA!

I can see subtle tint more in my "J" colored AVC than in my whiter "I" colored ACA (in comparison). IMG_4284.jpg

In obsessing over your threads and stunning diamonds, I was interested when you mentioned that your 4.7 carat I was whiter than your 4.5 I, both ACA. I would love to hear more about this!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Color is subjective ...

Diamond color is not subjective,
GIA did a good job of making diamond body color objective.
Objective color grading is the only way reputable sellers can price diamonds.

An I is an I, a D is a D, a P is a P, all subject to the fine print on the GIA report.

How people feel about color IS of course subjective.

Last edited:

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is a really great way of putting it into perspective. And who is going to go stare at your diamond that closely to ever notice anyway?!
. Very true ! Personally after having some diamonds , F , G ,E , I started to prefer H I more , they kind of look alive , they different in different type of lighting .DEF def beautiful, but they remind me something very cold , frozen , non breathing and never changing , almost plastic .

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had a J colored super ideal before and would say it's pretty white (not icy white, but more warm white). I do notice a slight tint when looking at an angle. The only time where the color was very obvious was when I went into a high end jewelry store in Asia selling mostly D-E-F diamonds in 2 carats and above. Side by side my diamond definitely looked tinted in comparison.

Ironically for a store that focused on high color / clarity, the majority of their large diamonds (i.e. 5 carats and above) were H to J color. They also had a 10 carat EC and 14 carat asscher cut in I color. Even though it looked tinted side by side to the DEF diamonds, all anyone would ooh and ahh about was the size ;)2

ajunes16

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi CharlotteYork! This is my 2.97 ACA I VS1 in a platinum Whiteflash Exquisite Half Round solitaire, size 4.25. It looks white to me and I rarely see tint from the sides. I previously owned "J" colored ACAs (1.8 & 2.3) but as I upgraded to bigger size, the tint from the sides were much more noticeable. To my eyes, this "I" ACA is definitely whiter all around. Your ring will be beautiful and stunning!!!
20171020_162923.jpg 20170705_132228.jpg 20170603_154248.jpg 20170903_160001.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think @mochiko42 summed it up beautifully! I own an E diamond and an I diamond. The I looks fine and white most of the time but in certain lighting it looks a heck of a lot less white than the E.

The E doesn't change colour whereas if I view the I at a bad angle, under bad lighting I definitely see colour.

I think the key is in accepting that you bought what you bought and have a reason for it. In my case I went down to an I to get a VS1. I have this dead fear of seeing inclusions because I am one of those people who like to go looking for inclusions/scratches with the naked eye as much as I can and if I find an inclusion I will forever stare at it over and over again and zoom in on it when I look at the stone.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi CharlotteYork! This is my 2.97 ACA I VS1 in a platinum Whiteflash Exquisite Half Round solitaire, size 4.25. It looks white to me and I rarely see tint from the sides. I previously owned "J" colored ACAs (1.8 & 2.3) but as I upgraded to bigger size, the tint from the sides were much more noticeable. To my eyes, this "I" ACA is definitely whiter all around. Your ring will be beautiful and stunning!!!
20171020_162923.jpg 20170705_132228.jpg 20170603_154248.jpg 20170903_160001.jpg

I love your ring, and your diamond looks sooooo white!!! I was looking at the pictures you posted here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/aca-upgrade.231388/ Did Whiteflash tell you if your diamond was a "high I"? They said mine is a "solid I" and I really hope it is as white as yours! :pray:

824jagdds

Rough_Rock
I just clicked over and read about your ring... we will be diamond twins!! I too want my engagement and wedding rings to sit flush, thus the custom ring. :) I cannot wait to see yours! When is it expected to arrive?

Sorry, just seeing this... I just finished paying for it today. I should probably have it in a couple of weeks
weeks. She wanted yellow gold, but from what I read it was better to go with platinum for the head. At IRL size, the "two-tone" look will not be noticable like it would be in a Rolex or something. The prongs should kind of diappear. This is the CAD image. Everything will appear a little thicker here to account for the finishing process. Liza at WF has been great to work with, as was Leon in the design department.

WF CAD Justin Garrett eng ring 2.png

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My old diamond was a 2.43 J set in a halo. The side view wasn't a thing in that setting, but I knew it would be too tinted in a solitaire for my liking. My upgrade is a 3.33 I (see avatar) and it is soooo much whiter than my J. Even from the side, I rarely notice any tint at all. Face up, it is super white to me.
CVB Soli Rx Azith Box.jpg CVB Soli Stack_1.jpg CVB with G&Co Stacker.jpg DK Wire Band _plat_1.jpg DK Wire Band _plat_2.jpg

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sorry, just seeing this... I just finished paying for it today. I should probably have it in a couple of weeks
weeks. She wanted yellow gold, but from what I read it was better to go with platinum for the head. At IRL size, the "two-tone" look will not be noticable like it would be in a Rolex or something. The prongs should kind of diappear. This is the CAD image. Everything will appear a little thicker here to account for the finishing process. Liza at WF has been great to work with, as was Leon in the design department.

WF CAD Justin Garrett eng ring 2.png

This is absolutely beautiful!! I agree with the platinum for the head, and the yellow gold is so elegant! She will love it!

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock
I have a much, much smaller I SI1 expert selection from WF. I didn’t realize what my color tolerance would be and unfortunately could see tint from the side very easily. I ended up putting it in a halo and got the benefit of increased finger coverage and only being able to see the diamond from above.

I sometimes wonder if the slightly less than idea light performance of the expert selection is why I could see tint so easily when others with ACA diamonds find their I’s very white. Alternatively I may just be more color sensitive than others.

Your diamond is my DREAM size- hopefully someday!

skywind

Rough_Rock
Premium
Wow... gorgeous 3-stone! I am wondering if you can share the profile view. Are the two side stones set with 3-prong? May I know your finger size? Thank you!! @SimoneDi

Pretty terrible photos, but these should give you some idea. I started with an H e-ring diamond, went down to a J later and back up to an I, no regrets what-so-ever as the I color allowed me to have a larger size diamond which still appears very white. I am sure that your diamond will be beautiful!

69A8183A-2F46-4D70-81FD-6E6FB683E34E.jpeg 3112F31F-5411-40F9-B9C2-D9547F94B40D.jpeg
C25A0141-C96C-4397-BFFF-8F3F5C093AD0.jpeg

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow... gorgeous 3-stone! I am wondering if you can share the profile view. Are the two side stones set with 3-prong? May I know your finger size? Thank you!! @SimoneDi

Thank you! The two sides stones are three prong set and I really like the look for smaller side stones. My ring size is 5.5, but I prefer my rings loose, so this one is size 5.75. I just snapped a quick photo of the profile view:

E2E77E30-E2C1-4B80-AB04-B99E349E507C.jpeg

Attachments

• 1275CED4-3E23-408C-A8FA-64A6D8421924.jpeg
    1275CED4-3E23-408C-A8FA-64A6D8421924.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 34

skywind

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I love the profile and the idea of using smaller side stones to highlight the center diamond. :clap:@SimoneDi

Thank you! The two sides stones are three prong set and I really like the look for smaller side stones. My ring size is 5.5, but I prefer my rings loose, so this one is size 5.75. I just snapped a quick photo of the profile view:

E2E77E30-E2C1-4B80-AB04-B99E349E507C.jpeg

AC7289

Rough_Rock

What is the thickness of your band? It looks like 1.5mm, but maybe it just looks small because of how big the stone is? Curious because I want a 1.5mm, but have had a few jewelers turn me down because they said it wouldn't be strong enough.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the thickness of your band? It looks like 1.5mm, but maybe it just looks small because of how big the stone is? Curious because I want a 1.5mm, but have had a few jewelers turn me down because they said it wouldn't be strong enough.

I believe it's 1.8mm

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results