carat
color
clarity

Jade Hairpin (?) Help Identifying

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

My boyfriend purchased a jade hairpin (at least that's what we think it is, haha) for me in Taipei. It was very sweet of him to do so (he's not a random "gifter" and most of his gifts to me throughout our relationship have been very practical...a flat-screen TV, an espresso machine, an iPad...you get the idea :lol:) and he seemed pretty proud of his purchase. So if it turns out to be a worthless trinket, I won't tell him.

It came with the certificate below (and neither of us can read it). Would anyone be able to help with translating the information on the cert? Also, any feedback on the jade piece would be appreciated - especially guesses regarding what kind of animal/creature it is LOL :mrgreen2:

Thanks much!
***Please move to a more appropriate forum if needed***
IMG_5251 2.JPG IMG_5250 2.JPG IMG_5249 2.JPG IMG_5252.JPG

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The lab report basically says it's Type A jadeite.

I can't make out the carving... Whether it's a fish, alligator or a pangolin. Maybe even none of the aforementioned :)

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! That is such a sweet gift. I want one! I personally would be terrified to wear it for fear that it would fall out, crash to the floor and break. I’m not good at fixing my hair though. I would display on a table. Are you going to wear it?

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The lab report basically says it's Type A jadeite.

I can't make out the carving... Whether it's a fish, alligator or a pangolin. Maybe even none of the aforementioned :)

Thanks, @Burmesedaze !! Thanks also for your help identifying the carving...now that I know what a pangolin is, I think that's what it is!! They are so cute haha :)

Last edited:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! That is such a sweet gift. I want one! I personally would be terrified to wear it for fear that it would fall out, crash to the floor and break. I’m not good at fixing my hair though. I would display on a table. Are you going to wear it?

Thank you, @chatoyancy ! :) It was very sweet of him...it's impracticality actually makes it super sweet for me, haha. I don't really fix my hair (I am a messy ponytail/bun girl) so I'm pretty sure I would break it. Great idea re: displaying on table!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your welcome! It will look great on display. It is a really artistic piece.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results