shape
carat
color
clarity

Hidden Netflix Gem Thread

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I watched The End of the F***ing World on Friday. I loved it. It was a limited series, so it's supposed to be over.

I'm currently binging on Rosewood. I guess it was/is a tv show? It's about a forensic pathologist with a unique perspective on life. I'm a sucker for these kind of shows that are lighter and easy to just pick up.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I watched The End of the F***ing World on Friday. I loved it. It was a limited series, so it's supposed to be over.

I'm currently binging on Rosewood. I guess it was/is a tv show? It's about a forensic pathologist with a unique perspective on life. I'm a sucker for these kind of shows that are lighter and easy to just pick up.

Aww I didn't know it was a limited series. Darn. The ending was a bit ambiguous too...

I never watched Rosewood when it was on TV. Thanks for the rec. Sounds good.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy It was based on a graphic novel. The ending is not as ambiguous. I hope they don't bring it back just for the sake of having more seasons. I like the idea of it being a complete story about the 2 main characters. I guess we'll see.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy It was based on a graphic novel. The ending is not as ambiguous. I hope they don't bring it back just for the sake of having more seasons. I like the idea of it being a complete story about the 2 main characters. I guess we'll see.

Thanks lyra. Did you read the novel and do you recommend it? I agree I don't want it to be brought back if it won't be as good as the previous episodes.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, No I didn't get to read it. I just read about it. I watched "Deathnote" and quite enjoyed it, thinking it was really quirky and odd, then found out it was based on an anime series. Ever since then, I keep getting anime and graphic novel type recommendations on my Netflix.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosewood was good, just a shame it was cancelled after 2 series.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I havent watched the new season - but Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency is back for Season 2. It is a pretty lighthearted detective show and pretty interesting. Looks like no season 3 as its been cancelled, but H and I both enjoyed watching the first season.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg nail biter lolololol. If you don't mind reading English subtitles, I'm half way into the Taiwanese show "someone like you"

So goood. Totally sucked in. Dude and fiancée get into a car accident that leaves her dead and him blind. He hears a voice singing that sounds like her one day and it's coming from a doppelgänger! She becomes his caretaker and we watch their relationship develop. Another woman has been injected into the storyline so now I'm like :shock: ermagherd what's going to happen now!!! I like that the show has an end and it's completed in 30+ episodes.

I haven't been this crazy about a show in a while lolol...

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm currently watching the new season of Black Mirror, Star Trek Discovery and Mind of a Chef. My husband also made us watch A Christmas Prince over the holidays so we could laugh at how bad it was. We also watch the Japanese reality dating show Love Wagon (あいのり) now that we've finished Terrace House. Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories is also great.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean, Edit: Nevermind, I found it. Netflix is being iffy on me lately.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm currently watching the new season of Black Mirror, Star Trek Discovery and Mind of a Chef. My husband also made us watch A Christmas Prince over the holidays so we could laugh at how bad it was. We also watch the Japanese reality dating show Love Wagon (あいのり) now that we've finished Terrace House. Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories is also great.
How bad was it?!

netflix.png

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For some mindless updates - I watched the season of "Cheapest Weddings" - my goodness it was a bit insane. The first episode was the best, the rest of the season was ok.

Also watching "Zumbos just desserts" which is interesting. Baking competition show, but very extravagant intricate desserts.

"Rotten" was recommended for me, so that series is up next!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@telephone89 oh, it was 2 hours or so of my life that I'm not going to get back.My husband liked it, surprisingly, but we did have plenty of mulled wine that day! Funnily enough, we watched it after we noticed that Twitter post. I guess Netflix's viral marketing efforts worked. :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished La Mante last night. A six part murder mystery series about a serial killer. We very much enjoyed it. Good not amazing but entertaining and worth the watch if you like this genre.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously I'm so loving "someone like you" right now. I've actually cried watching it. :shock:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean, me too! I've had some side giggles. But then again, TIL that titty&Co. actually IS a clothing brand. Although Dperating Room and Operting Room were obviously "typos", lol. But OH the drama!! :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean, me too! I've had some side giggles. But then again, TIL that titty&Co. actually IS a clothing brand. Although Dperating Room and Operting Room were obviously "typos", lol. But OH the drama!! :)
Sorry for spoiler but characters are supposed to be at an ob/gyn and they flash to a sign in the hospital that says gynecological oncology!!! And the subtitles keep calling Golden company different names including Gordon

There are similarities with my personality and Yu-Xi's, so "boss" makes me totes swoon.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched "Murder on the Cape" last night. I am almost ashamed to admit I sat through it. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. I think dh and I could act better. Seriously so bad it almost seemed like a comedy!!!! Do not waste your time unless you want a laugh at this painfully bad movie!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched "Murder on the Cape" last night. I am almost ashamed to admit I sat through it. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. I think dh and I could act better. Seriously so bad it almost seemed like a comedy!!!! Do not waste your time unless you want a laugh at this painfully bad movie!
I don't think its on netflix, but over the xmas season I watched "Murder She Baked: A Plum Pudding Mystery". It sounds exactly as horrible as your movie lolol.

We finished Dirk Gently and Mind Hunter. Started watching Manhunt: Unabomber which so far is pretty interesting. It actually kind of blends seamlessly into Mind hunter (about the FBI categorizing/profiling serial killers) and now using it to find this guy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched The Homesman last night. Loved it. With Hilary Swank, Tommy Lee Jones and a short appearance with Meryl Streep, John Lithgow and James Spader. Meryl Streep's daughter, Grace Gummer, is in the movie too.

Started watching Cleverman thanks to @PintoBean's rec and one episode in and we love it so far.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They added V for Vendetta. Always wanted to see it and it was quite good.

Great Gatsby with Robert Redford and Mia Farrow. Just reread the book. It was hard to see the book come to life.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean and @missy , I'm getting into Cleverman too. It's not on Canadian netflix, but I have other sources. Take the hair, take the hair...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean and @missy , I'm getting into Cleverman too. It's not on Canadian netflix, but I have other sources. Take the hair, take the hair...

I might need “other” sources soon lol. Darn streaming doesn’t always work for some reason despite high speed Internet. Makes no sense. Strong connection and fast download on internet but Netflix keeps saying slow downloading internet. Which isn’t true. Lol first world issues haha. Glad you’re enjoying the series @lyra.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching the second season of The Crown and really enjoying it.

Finished The Punisher - pretty gory the last couple of episodes. :shock: It's not a deal breaker for me if everything else is good but it really was more gory than it needed to be.

We bought a Fire Stick like two months ago and still haven't opened it. :/

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Season 2 of The Colony is out now, so I've been watching that.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shannara chronicles season 2 is out now too. I didn't know this until I wikid it but it's based on a series of books. Fantasy series with elves and humans and trolls for starters. I love stuff like this!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching the second season of The Crown and really enjoying it.

Finished The Punisher - pretty gory the last couple of episodes. :shock: It's not a deal breaker for me if everything else is good but it really was more gory than it needed to be.

We bought a Fire Stick like two months ago and still haven't opened it. :/

@CJ2008, hi, quick threadjack if you don't mind...we just bought a Fire Stick yesterday because our Roku is glitchy with our modem and so just going to see which we prefer. Have you tried the Firestick yet? If not what do you use to get into Netflix? We have an older TV so cannot directly access Netflix/HBO Go etc through the TV. Thanks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just started watching Anne with an E. Might be too tame for many of you but so far 2 episodes in we are both enjoying it. I needed a break from all the graphic violence in so many tv/series/movies etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results