shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a diamond first world problem

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Once I poked my ring into some clam chowder (new england style!) and ended up with chowder all over the stone and part of a potato under the prong. :x2

I was on a business trip too so I couldn't get it cleaned for over a week.

I'm not alone!!! :dance:
What? Are you saying potato prong wasn't the look you were going for? :lol: Seriously though, I feel your pain. That would have driven me crazy!!!

fellys

Rough_Rock
Premium
Mine spins as well.. just got married and am so bummed that the ring is to the side in most of our photos. :(2 if i were to do it again, i would check and readjust often!

If my ering spins with and without the wedding band, does this mean that it is too big?

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
LOL, exactly! Why do we fuss over VS and perfectly cut proportions when it becomes EM (externally mucky) anyway?

Adding to the #firstworldproblems, I play the violin. Sometimes I forget to take off my rings before going to rehearsal. The stones spin and get caught between my fingers, which screws up my playing. I caught my self getting irritated and reminded myself to check my privilege... :oops2:

I'm not alone!!! :dance:
What? Are you saying potato prong wasn't the look you were going for? :lol: Seriously though, I feel your pain. That would have driven me crazy!!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL, exactly! Why do we fuss over VS and perfectly cut proportions when it becomes EM (externally mucky) anyway?

Adding to the #firstworldproblems, I play the violin. Sometimes I forget to take off my rings before going to rehearsal. The stones spin and get caught between my fingers, which screws up my playing. I caught my self getting irritated and reminded myself to check my privilege... :oops2:

Haha! I tell people that all the time. Light heartedly of course but I do mean it. #checkyourprivilege

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the look of a spun-to-the-side ring!! For some reason it looks elegant to me. That's why I had my last couple rings sized .5 to .75 size larger than my actual finger size. ::)

This is me! I always order big and like my rings loose with movement. The last couple of stackers I ordered during pregnancy thinking my finger would be the same after. When I slide them on after having the baby they went on but I freaked because they weren’t moving. So I reordered them! Lol. I was selling them to recoup but decided to hold off a little longer just in case loosing this last baby weight my fingers go back. :cool2:

I agree that it looks elegant graceful with a little sexy thrown in. I do think some PSers are wearing their rings way too tight. I mean way too tight just to fit into a number. Lol.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Once I poked my ring into some clam chowder (new england style!) and ended up with chowder all over the stone and part of a potato under the prong. :x2

omg. HAHAHAHAHAH. Yeah, your FWP beats the shi* out of mine!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine spins as well.. just got married and am so bummed that the ring is to the side in most of our photos. :(2 if i were to do it again, i would check and readjust often!

If my ering spins with and without the wedding band, does this mean that it is too big?

could be. But if you sized them down, would they still go over your knuckles? Mine spins even with my WB, not just as much

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Count me in as one who like a side view! It actually might be my favorite view of my ring... when it’s off to the side and I can see a bit of the gallery too.

That being said, I’m also really looking forward to getting my wedding bands, both because I love how they look with my e-ring but also because my ring spins a LOT. My knuckle is at least a full size bigger than the base of my finger so it’s often “round-and-round it goes”, especially in winter!! The two bands push it up high enough to keep it mostly stable.

fellys

Rough_Rock
Premium
could be. But if you sized them down, would they still go over your knuckles? Mine spins even with my WB, not just as much

Yeahh that’s the other problem – the knuckles! :doh:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I ask for a spare toothbrush from the hotel concierge and mouth wash or SOMETHING to scrub my bling.....I would go batty with a dirty ring for a whole week!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Depends on how easily it’s spinning. Like if it’s loose enough that there’s no grip, it’s probably too big. I’ve always figured too that if I shake my hand and can feel the ring sliding up onto my knuckle, then it’s too big.
It’ll spin if the base/donut/shank is thin so it could be indicative of that rather than it being too big as well. I quite like the slid-over look tho as I like the profile view.

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Its too top heavy...solution...go smaller :bigsmile:.

(Sorry, I got nothin' for you...my ring spins too and its NOT big!)
Me too! And always to the left... o_O

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results