shape
carat
color
clarity

“Buann Gra’ Gach Rud”; “Love Conquers All”

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve kind of done things backwards, but, in all honesty, it’s taken me all this time to figure out the best way to introduce this extremely important, and sentimental piece; my wedding band.
She has appeared all over PS, for nearly a year, now, but she has always been referred to as my “WR”.
Not anymore!
When DH & I were planning our wedding, we decided to incorporate our common heritage into our ceremony: Celtic/Irish. We wanted to inscribe something unique & significant that really described us, as a couple.

DH & I started this relationship on an uphill slope. We faced many challenges as a new couple; more than most experience in a lifetime of marriage. The odds were clearly against us, and rather than letting them tear us apart, we leaned on each other, built each other up, and grew closer, in spite of it all.
The phrase “Love Conquers All” really seemed to fit. So, I researched translations, and found one that worked perfectly!!
“Buann Gra’ Gach Rud”
There are many interpretations and translations from English to Gaelic, and reversed. Most were more sexually suggestive, and that was far from where we wanted this to go!! The above translation was the most literal translation, and it translates specifically as: “Love Wins Everything”. Reverse translation from Gaelic to English was “Love Wins Everything”, and the phrase “Love Conquers All” was also quoted, so this was to be our inscription!
Inside both of our wedding bands is inscribed: “Buann Gra’ Gach Rud”, therefore, it is my pleasure to finally dedicate a thread to my beautiful “WR”, and give her proper introduction!!
Without further ado, photos!!

9EF5047F-A356-4DD3-B112-B76A85A3500B.jpeg 8D62C354-3255-4B23-B765-E225CFC52726.jpeg 5513B4EC-8B6D-4ADB-A1CA-197E516AD624.jpeg
19281652-74D1-4216-9D21-A0B8096E5E4E.jpeg

Her Stats:
14k WG
1/2 Eternity (Bar Set)
Milgrain & scroll detail on the open shank (to match my ER, Uisce)
8 stacked Baguettes
5 Rounds
Cttw: 1ct
Color: G/H
Clarity: SI1-VS2

It gives me great joy to finally, formally introduce her!!
Thank you for the opportunity to share with all of you!! :kiss2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone!! It’s been bothering me for some time that I didn’t have a thread dedicated to the one ring that’s supposed to symbolize Life-Long commitment & marriage.
I feel like my content is complete, as far as my personal pieces, for the time being, and my collection has a real identity, if that makes sense. I intend to dedicate a thread to my Grandmother’s Set, soon. It’s too special not to have one!! :mrgreen2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a lovely story to go with your beautiful ring!

Thank you, @diamondseeker2006. Our teamwork in overcoming the obstacles we have faced have really made us stronger, as a couple. We’re both very independent & strong individuals, but together, we’re a force to be reckoned with...lol! I believe it helped us learn about ourselves, and about each other in a whole new perspective. You really don’t know how strong your love is until it’s been challenged, and you find yourself in a position where you have to fight for it because someone else is determined to destroy it.
Our battles definitely made us stronger. :mrgreen2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the added meaning :)

Have you been to Scotland or Ireland? I've not done the latter yet, but I yearn to go back to Scotland and drive / walk round more of it.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the added meaning :)

Have you been to Scotland or Ireland? I've not done the latter yet, but I yearn to go back to Scotland and drive / walk round more of it.

That is our Honeymoon spot, some day. We have never been, so we want to go for an Anniversary and make it our honeymoon, since we didn’t have one. :mrgreen2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is our Honeymoon spot, some day. We have never been, so we want to go for an Anniversary and make it our honeymoon, since we didn’t have one. :mrgreen2:
You need to make it happen! :)

Post up when you are planning it, there are plenty of great recommendations for places to go :)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect balance of milgrain, scroll work and diamonds! Great inscription too. Congrats on creating such a meaningful ring.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE her. She is beautiful.

We also had an uphill battle starting nearly immediately after the wedding and by 3 years later, we also had conquered cancer. 20 years later we are battle weathered but can deal with anything.

Much love to you!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to make it happen! :)

Post up when you are planning it, there are plenty of great recommendations for places to go :)

I’ll be certain to post up, when we begin planning! ;)2

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect balance of milgrain, scroll work and diamonds! Great inscription too. Congrats on creating such a meaningful ring.

Thank you! DH insisted the detail HAD to match; otherwise, we were moving on until the “perfect” ring could be found. Instead, our jeweler made it “perfect”. :)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE her. She is beautiful.

We also had an uphill battle starting nearly immediately after the wedding and by 3 years later, we also had conquered cancer. 20 years later we are battle weathered but can deal with anything.

Much love to you!

Congratulations to you!! I believe that if you can weather any storm, and overcome any obstacle & still come out on top, your love is true, and that is your forever partner. Nothing has come easy for us, but we always find a way to make it through, together. We are very fortunate..,and so are you!!

Much love to you, as well!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring :love::love::love:
Wishing you many wonderful years together.

Thank you!! She’s very special!! Introduction long overdue...lol! Hoping to spend the rest of “forever”, Together! ;-)

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is such a beautiful ring with lovely detail AND a special story! It doesn't get any better than that :saint:.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and meaningful story. Thanks for sharing it!

Your ring is amazing! What a beauty. Please share pics of your beautiful set as well

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful... glad you guys made it. :dance:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a beautiful ring with lovely detail AND a special story! It doesn't get any better than that :saint:.

Thank you so much!! I adore her; she holds her own, and looks well dressed with my ER & Anniversary Band (just received that in Nov. ;)2 )

Each piece I wear has some sort of history or tale to tale. I’m a sentimental sap! :lol-2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful... glad you guys made it. :dance:

Oh, so am I...lol!! There were times when we weren’t so sure we would! Our Best Man even spoke of our journey to get to where we are, during his Champagne Toast, at our wedding. He’s DH’s best friend since childhood, and he lived most of our struggles with us. We had a lot of support from friends & family, and I believe that really helped us pull through, together.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! You have acquired such an amazing collection! You have an stunning set. And I love your new suite of Asschers

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! You have acquired such an amazing collection! You have an stunning set. And I love your new suite of Asschers

Thank you!! I enjoy ogling over everyone else’s beautiful pieces, as well!! I don’t believe one can NOT appreciate the taste of others, even if tastes differ; it’s what makes us all unique & beautiful! :kiss2:
As I told my DH before he proposed, “All diamonds are beautiful....” ;)2

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful band and beautiful story behind it @Matthews1127! Wishing you many years of marital bliss! You collection is gorg and the asscher suite is tdf! :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum yum yum:lickout:

These are the kinds of baguettes and rolls I want showing on my body! The good kind of carbs!:appl:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful band and beautiful story behind it @Matthews1127! Wishing you many years of marital bliss! You collection is gorg and the asscher suite is tdf! :love:

Thank you so much, @ SimoneDi!! He’s my “ one & done”, so you better believe I’m gonna fight to keep him, and our marriage happy & healthy!! ;)2

The Asscher suite was a very unexpected find, and I’m thrilled that my DH was so willing to get involved to make the transaction with Yoram successful; he knows how much they mean to me. That project will be the last project for a while, as I promised him Diamonds for a Cabin. He’s made my dreams come true; now it’s his turn. :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results