Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RoyEP3

Rough_Rock
Are you rejecting stones with a score >2 or <2? The HCA score is a rejection tool not a selection tool. A stone >2 is recommended to be rejected but if you can see the diamond in person and it performs very well the HCA doesn't matter. A 0.6 vs a 1.5 wouldn't matter because they are both below 2 and it isn't a selection tool. I assume you know this but just in case. That diamond looks fantastic, if you are like me you are probably obsessing over every little detail to find the best stone possible. At the end of the day, I'm sure your gf would be ecstatic with all of the choices you have. Good luck!

Yeah, I'm using it as a rejection tool. This one was a 1.0. The other one I have coming is also 1.0. And you're right. We're obsessing about every little detail at this point, and I'm sure there are others also thinking it's not enough (aka super ideal unicorn cut) haha. Thanks for the support.

Vander_25

Rough_Rock
Premium
I had a much tighter budget than you, originally $6000 was my top end. I ended up just over that but was able to move up from J SI1-VS2 range to a 1.03ct H VS1 that faces up like an F from the fluorescence. It'll be a few weeks before I get to see it in person. It's cool that you get to evaluate them in person for a bit first. At the end of the day the cert goes in a box and you forget about it, all that matters is how it performs.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh wow, the colorful flashes were amazing. I couldn't see a blue fluor tint, but I'm sure your eyes were way more accurate than a video. It looked gorgeous to me!

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to share this update on #5, the "best bang for the buck" diamond. I ordered it to take a chance on its strong blue fluorescence. I have recorded a video of its fluorescence. This is taken in Las Vegas, in November, on a partly cloudy day, so UV rays are not at its fullest.

I just realized, you probably would have wanted to see its performance on fire and scintillation as well. Sorry I left that out. My thoughts on this was it was gorgeous, but a little too blue for my liking. Sigh, I wanted it to work. Happy I tried and James Allen has a generous return policy!

I can see the blue but it's not as harsh as some videos I've seen. I think it looks really cool.

Does it show more blue in person than in the video? When do you get the other diamond? Will you be able to compare them side by side?

RoyEP3

Rough_Rock
I can see the blue but it's not as harsh as some videos I've seen. I think it looks really cool.

Does it show more blue in person than in the video? When do you get the other diamond? Will you be able to compare them side by side?

It may be just a tad bit more blue in person than the video. Definitely NOT "not noticeable" as other experts have suggested (not from this thread). I focus on the details and I worry that it's almost winter time and the UV from the sun where I'm located is not at its strongest. And later in the summer or if I go somewhere tropical, all her pictures will really show a blue diamond when UV is at its strongest. I'm just taking that into consideration. So if it's only a little now, it'll probably be much more blue in other conditions.

The other diamond will arrive in about a week, hopefully before Thanksgiving. I'll hold onto this one for now so I can compare the two. If fluorescence is a concern of yours like it was for me, you've probably already watched every YouTube video showing comparisons of fluorescence, and it's still not enough. So I'll try to put a video comparison of these when I get them together.

My bank account is begging me to return one of these already haha.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may be just a tad bit more blue in person than the video. Definitely NOT "not noticeable" as other experts have suggested (not from this thread). I focus on the details and I worry that it's almost winter time and the UV from the sun where I'm located is not at its strongest. And later in the summer or if I go somewhere tropical, all her pictures will really show a blue diamond when UV is at its strongest. I'm just taking that into consideration. So if it's only a little now, it'll probably be much more blue in other conditions.

The other diamond will arrive in about a week, hopefully before Thanksgiving. I'll hold onto this one for now so I can compare the two. If fluorescence is a concern of yours like it was for me, you've probably already watched every YouTube video showing comparisons of fluorescence, and it's still not enough. So I'll try to put a video comparison of these when I get them together.

My bank account is begging me to return one of these already haha.
Re:tropical blue...we'll sonce a blue diamond in this size adds a couple of zeros to the percived value,so how is that a bad thing?:mrgreen2:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The "blue" exhibited when fluorescence is activated isn't the negative characteristic. It would be if it caused it to appear hazy, milky, or oily. In your video, I barely see any fluorescence (I have a VSBF), and none of the negs. It looks HUGE and sparkles like mad.

I can't wait for you to have the second stone, and can do a side-by-side comparison in many lighting conditions (including office, which, sadly, is where many diamonds spend the majority of their days).

RoyEP3

Rough_Rock
My friends, Happy Thanksgiving!

The moment has come for me to compare my top two contender stones. Here is the comparison:

2.24ct G-VS1, strong fluorescence - $21,930
2.34ct G-VVS1, faint fluorescence - $28,500

I will be telling her family (secretly) tonight of my intentions to propose, and will be presenting one of these diamonds to them.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving your videos. Easy to tell that you are grooving on those stones.
Personally I would go for the G VS1.
It looks larger and the blue is a good thing...an enhancement to an already beautiful diamond.
What does your eye tell you?
I might add, I like the price better as well, but that does not seem to be an issue.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
I love the G VS1 with stronger fluro too - but both are stunning !! good luck !!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched your video blind and I like the one on the left, G VS1.

RoyEP3

Rough_Rock
Aside from the price, why are you guys choosing the G-VS1?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the G VS1 also. There is something off in the center of the other one, I find it distracting and not in a good way. The G VS1 has a nice consistent reading of brightness all throughout the diamond, and equally gorgeous fire and scintillation.

I love fluoro myself for exactly the bluish tint it can take on in sunlight, so that's a positive to me. I don't see the negative fluoro effects of milkiness or haziness in the G VS1.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the G VS1 also. There is something off in the center of the other one, I find it distracting and not in a good way. The G VS1 has a nice consistent reading of brightness all throughout the diamond, and equally gorgeous fire and scintillation.

I love fluoro myself for exactly the bluish tint it can take on in sunlight, so that's a positive to me. I don't see the negative fluoro effects of milkiness or haziness in the G VS1.
Nicely described!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results