shape
carat
color
clarity

Rehabbing heirloom ring, now need help finding a band!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PSers -

I posted a while back asking for some advice on what to do with an heirloom ring that I wear rarely - thanks @LightBright @kgizo @Tekate =)

Well I am making a pendant with the original yellow diamond b/c I will wear that more often and the color pretty much matches my new engagement ring...and I am putting a colorless stone in the vintage ring to use as my travel ring. Waiting on the goods from Mr. David Klass & co and will post pics once they arrive.

Ok so not sure if I can ask about this here but I would love suggestions on a band that would go with the vintage ring!
20170926_143101 (2).jpg

My wedding band is pipe cut white gold and doesn't go at all. I'm looking at either platinum to match my great aunt's ring or silver but not white gold. With stones or engraving or plain. New or used doesn't matter. Ideally under $300 because I won't wear it that often.

Here are some I like but haven't been able to decide on one yet, any suggestions appreciated:

$500 in platinum - over budget but the best match so far.
upload_2017-11-3_13-5-57.png

$30 in sterling, the ring is not bad...the price is attractive
upload_2017-11-3_13-7-24.png

Or something with stones (waited too long on this one and it sold) vintage plat & diamond band $175...could keep looking for an authentic vintage band in my size (6.5) to pop up.
upload_2017-11-3_13-19-20.png

Any leads/suggestions appreciated! I've been looking on etsy, ebay, LT, therealreal, and idonoidont.

BTW: DK has been awesome to work with so far and more reasonably priced than my local jeweler, I learned about him here so thanks for that also!

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-3_13-10-17.png
    upload_2017-11-3_13-10-17.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a look on Etsy as well for orange blossom, engraved and diamond bands- there’s quite a few vintage and new. This shop, MSJewelers has a number of new old stock and their own vintage range which are really nice and well priced

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a look on Etsy as well for orange blossom, engraved and diamond bands- there’s quite a few vintage and new. This shop, MSJewelers has a number of new old stock and their own vintage range which are really nice and well priced

I did take a quick look for orange blossom bands this am but am sure there are more out there. Will check out MS Jewelers site this w/e, thank you! I also thought maybe an enamel cloissone ring...there must be plenty floating around and they have that deco vibe.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enamel cloisonné! :love: I never thought of that - it would be so lovely

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still looking for something that will match better but ended up buying this one...dangers of too much browsing! Will make a fun alternate band =)

upload_2017-11-3_19-38-24.png

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that first one, but it is over budget. Before you order anything in a different metal ask your jeweler about mixing silver and plat and how they will scratch each other. If you decide to go the plain plat band route truefacet.com usually has a lot to choose from. Looking forward to seeing the pendant when done.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pendant images just arrived, looking forward to seeing it in person soon. The setting shows off the warm color nicely IMHO, I think my great aunt would approve. =)

pendant4.jpg
pendant2.jpg
pendant1.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a very classy, very beautiful looking pendant!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a very classy, very beautiful looking pendant!

Thank you! I'm excited to get it and wear it =) I'd kept that ring in a box for so long and it didn't occur to me to reset the pretty yellow diamond into something I'd wear more frequently until someone suggested it here. (thanks, @LightBright!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results