shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Wedding Band!

5551212JS

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I’m considering taking advantage of the Black Friday sales and have my eye on platinum diamond wedding band. In particular am focused on JA as BN doesn’t have too many on sale. I noticed the specs are usually

Average Color: G-H

AVERAGE CLARITY: VS2-SI1

Given how small the diamonds will be, is this OK?

Also, I should go with one which is channel set or flat on the edges ie without prongs so the wedding band can be fused with the engagement ring? You can see the ring this will be paired with by clicking on my profile and see my other thread.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks in advance!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd look at the section that says anniversary. The "common prong" style, bar set, and channel set should all be pretty easy to solder.Channel set rings are very easy to wear and very durable as compared to pave, but you have to like that look.

If you want the look of the straight sides, but pave -- this is basically a pave in a channel. So, you kinda get the best of both worlds.
https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-...m-pave-diamond-eternity-band-61-ctw-item-1238

This is the model photos of the 1.5 ctw seven stone.https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-...mmon-prong-diamond-anniversary-ring-item-1904
upload_2017-11-23_22-23-21.png

5551212JS

Rough_Rock
Thank your very much. I like the look of the anniversary rings much better, even other ones on that section of the JA site. Question.. how does one define whether a ring is for engagements or weddings? Being a newbie I had just assumed eternity rings were for anniversaries.

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank your very much. I like the look of the anniversary rings much better, even other ones on that section of the JA site. Question.. how does one define whether a ring is for engagements or weddings? Being a newbie I had just assumed eternity rings were for anniversaries.

Eternity rings are common as wedding bands as well. It’s all down to what you like.

5551212JS

Rough_Rock
Thanks, does eternity ring mean the diamonds wrap around the entire finger? Seems like it. Those are resizeable or its not advised?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JA does a great job of selecting beautiful looking diamonds for their preset jewelry. At least that has been my experience.

5551212JS

Rough_Rock
OK but are the bands with diamonds around just the top part of the band safely resizeable? She is a 3.75 so its stretching a 3 or reducing a 4 I guess.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you the guy? Most guys dont buy the wedding band and let their GF pick the band that she wants to go with their ering.
Most people on PS dont solder their bands together either because sometimes they want to wear just the wedding band
when they want a more low key look. The other thing I'm concerned about it how well the wedding band that you pick is going
to sit with your e-ring. The band on your ering is somewhat tall and rounded (from what I can tell from your pics) but you are
looking at flat, squared off channel set engagement rings.

Just make sure if you buy something that you can return it and that you are proposing within the return window.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with @tyty333. If you are not the wearer, get her input before you buy a band.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK but are the bands with diamonds around just the top part of the band safely resizeable? She is a 3.75 so its stretching a 3 or reducing a 4 I guess.

Eternity bands are not to be resized, so you have to select the correct size from the beginning. Many prefer slightly larger than their e-ring band in order to be able to stack it comfortably with the e-ring or other bands. There are also 3/4 bands that provide the eternity look, but can be resized.
I also second others' suggestion to get your significant other involved in this process.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results