shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Round 1.59ct H SI1 with twinning wisps?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These twining wisps seem to disappear in magnification too so overall it is a nice stone. Just be sure that they don't break the plane of the diamond. I would just wait for the idealscope to make a final decision.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If it passes IS/ASET have it checked for scatter(looks like a snow globe under bright lighting)

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can only see one of the wisps in the vid at magnification. Specs on this baby look good as well.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Did you receive the ASET/Ideal Scope images?

throwin_stones

Rough_Rock

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The IS looks good, not the best of the best but good.
It has some variation in the lower halves/girdles that is showing up in the IS, it would not be h&a.
My guess is the pavilion mains have a bit of a wide variation and the lowers were tweaked to cover it.
We have been seeing a lot of that lately.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The Ideal Scope image shows light leakage in the one o'clock position along the edge of the table facet and to a lesser degree in the twelve o'clock region.

I want to point out that I am not disagreeing with Karl, who specifically indicated that "the IS looks good" which is accurate because it's not very good or excellent, rather I am merely painting a picture using different words to describe the same concept.

Ideal Scope reference chart:
https://ideal-scope.com/reference-chart-ideal-scope-images/

The question is what degree of light performance do you seek? This diamond might be perfectly fine for your needs and preferences; however, there is a higher degree of optical precision that would yield better light performance if you're inclined to pay for it.

Diamond cut quality factors into the market price and the higher degree of optical precision takes longer to produce, thus diamonds that exhibit it cost more.

The way I usually explain this to people is by comparing diamond performance to the performance of different variations of Porsche 911 series cars. You have your basic 911 and then you have your turbo, and then there is the S-series and the G3-G4 for those who are so inclined.

throwin_stones

Rough_Rock
Thank you both, I decided to pass on this stone based on the IdealScope. I was second guessing my purchase of a 1.50ct but it has great specs and IS, discussed in another thread. I’ll move forward with that one for my proposal in a few weeks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results