shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Art Deco and Platinum and Pink Oh My!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Santa has come early for me!

So in love with this set! This little lovely came all the way from New Zealand and I spotted it like a month ago but then it went on sale last week so I snatched it up for a song.

Probably 20's or 30's and I'm thinking originally there was a diamond in there and the pink sapphire was put in later. The sapphire is a wonderful bubblegum pink color that shifts to a pretty magenta in certain lighting it is just slightly over half a carat of yummy blingness (is that a word?). The matching band is fused to the engagement ring which I like because I don't have to worry about the band spinning..

It's hard to catch the wonderful details but there is some delicate milgrain on both rings, there are two small diamonds on either side of the sapphire and five small diamonds in the band. I'm also wearing my own platinum band with the set.

I just love everything about it :kiss2: Here are some pictures, some are the vendors and some are mine, so excited to share!!

IMG_2866.JPG IMG_2868.JPG IMG_2871.JPG IMG_2877.JPG IMG_2881.JPG IMG_2883.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2870.JPG
    IMG_2870.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 23

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty Stephanie! I know you've been hankering for some pink! I love the setting! Its so unique with the little triangles and I especially
love the prongs on it. Very nice find! Goes perfect with your plat band too!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Tyty! Can't get enough pink for sure, this setting is similar to my mom's engagement ring so it was a special find for me.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s so gorgeous! Who was the vendor?? I’m in NZ and would love more local options for pretty things.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Fox! She has a store on Etsy, the owner is Kheta and she is just lovely, very responsive and easy to work with. In my case shipping was international and anything involving customs can be stressful but she made it easy and seamless.

Her shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArchangelJewels

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That’s so pretty and looks perfect on your hand. The pink is a really lovely shade. I think it’s good it’s soldered since the band exactly matches up - i know it would bother me if it shifted. I’m curious how you know it’s from 20s or 30s. Does it have a hallmark btw?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Motownmama! The seller indicated 20's or 30's for a time period which seems to be accurate just from rings I've seen from that period myself. I can barely make out 10% Irid Platinum but that's the only mark I could find.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:In a word: Exquisite!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty! Love that pink!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: I have some antique rings with the 10% Iridium/Platinum metal and they are light but so strong. Enjoy your new beauty!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Fox! She has a store on Etsy, the owner is Kheta and she is just lovely, very responsive and easy to work with. In my case shipping was international and anything involving customs can be stressful but she made it easy and seamless.

Her shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArchangelJewels
thank you for the link! My husband may not appreciate it but I do!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So lovely and unique! Gorgeous!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!!! hehe you do love your pinks!
And thanks for posting the store name! I LOVE browsing the links you post!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!!! hehe you do love your pinks!
And thanks for posting the store name! I LOVE browsing the links you post!

You know I really do and even funnier is both my pink sapphire rings are the same shade, what are the chances?

When I was browsing through her past sales I saw this stack ring set, apart from the pink factor it's just really a cool set. I don't know if they were meant to all go together or not but it just works so well:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/489832...-triple-cluster-yellow?show_sold_out_detail=1

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I love it!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just lovely! :love: The pink is such a petty color.

Personally, I vote for posting in the colored gems section (purely for selfish reasons because I don't obsessively stalk the smtb area). :lol-2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all your lovely compliments!

Elle, it's funny because I originally posted here and then I had a moment of questioning if I should have posted in CS, then is it overkill to post in two places?! Seriously over thinking on my part.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the set together is really gorgeous, what a great find!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely and pinkalicious! Enjoy.:appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and charming on your hand, love them! Such a pretty color.:love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how or who is responsible for picking Jewel of the Week but this was picked and I am so excited!!! DH comes into the room and it's "I got Jewel of the week isn't that great? Look at the pictures, there's my finger!"

Made my day, so did all of your nice posts. So thanks everyone!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I just love those vintage platinum settings with the gorgeous prong work. How wonderful that it came with the matching band, too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results