shape
carat
color
clarity

Silver locket sources?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a high quality sterling locket. Small and round. Does anyone know of a good source? I've checked Etsy and while there are many lockets, they aren't quite what I'm after - small, round and etched. There are a few there but not to my liking. Does anyone have a Monica Rich Kosann locket? Any other sources?

Thanks for any and all thoughts!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silver is harder than gold ...

Not so small - www (love the surface !)

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for replying!

Much smaller (20mm and under). I quite like engraved or, smooth surface and I’ll engrave with my initials. The thing is I’d like an heirloom quality locket with an ornate loop attachment (the bail that is attached to the locket?). I can find many lockets but not the quality I’m after. I’ve got a few feelers out but thought I’d ask :))

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of engraving, perhaps this sort of thing ?

- diamond pave is a cousin of engraving & a few engravers do the best pave.

A complicated possibility !

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Whoa!

If only... so lovely with diamonds!

There are plenty of vintage silver lockets on Etsy, and I particularly like ones from Birks, as I’m Canadian and the quality is very nice, but they are huge LOL.

Miss E

Rough_Rock
I thought this Cat Bird NYC locket was really cute. It's tiny and silver, but you have to buy the chain separately.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a high quality sterling locket. Small and round. Does anyone know of a good source? I've checked Etsy and while there are many lockets, they aren't quite what I'm after - small, round and etched. There are a few there but not to my liking. Does anyone have a Monica Rich Kosann locket? Any other sources?

I will look, Begonia. I love silver as well as gold and recently bought some Elsa Peretti silver jewelry at Tiffany. I do not recall if there were any hints of places to look for silver lockets in this thread, but wanted to make you aware of it if you were not already aware of it!

The Silver Thread...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-silver-thread.182781/page-4#post-4208226

Deb/AGBF

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF , nice to see my name in print ! .-)

Not sure what I'd do with too small lenticular boxes too big to be pendants - be it the 'sand dollar' or this www ...

Last edited:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been on the exact same hunt. The Monica K lockets are gorgeous but so pricey.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
22 mm

Eye of the beholder !

The shop is interesting.

Last edited:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Valeria and AGBF!

I’ll read that silver thread over and see!

I know pearaffair. There are plenty on Etsy but I want a very good quality: heavy weight, good latching and well designed connections and bails. I love etched or engraved, but am also tempted to get a plain one and then find the best damn engraver. Problem is I want round and small. I’ll go to oval if necessary.

Monica Rich Kasann look like very nice quality. Their petite collection is very pretty - I’d love to get the gold one with sapphires on a long blackened steel chain but that is pretty far out of my budget. A few dollars more and one could have themselves a great ring! Mind you, that could be my one fabulous necklace...

Sigh...

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
What else besides jew(ellery) do you make in that factory? :lol:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
If you want to do foreign trade (and I get that English is a second language to you) get someone to explain to you why the name of your factory is inappropriate, and slightly offensive to some cultural and religious groups. Jew is not an acceptable shortened version of jewellery in the English language.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to do foreign trade (and I get that English is a second language to you) get someone to explain to you why the name of your factory is inappropriate, and slightly offensive to some cultural and religious groups. Jew is not an acceptable shortened version of jewellery in the English language.

Thank you for helping the new poster, Begonia. I am going to go look up Monica Rich Kasann since she apparently works in silver!

Deb :wavey:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Roger that Deb.

Much appreciated!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a little trouble with the Monica Rich Kosann website, but it wasn't with her silver. It was her gold that did me in. No one told me that she made gold charms for traditional charm bracelets. They are quite nice; a lot more intricate than Rembrandt charms! (I cannot afford $7,000.00 for one charm, however.) There are some threads for charm bracelets here on Pricescope, too, by the way. Not just threads about silver. And the area on Poesy bracelets would have had me reaching for my wallet had there been any money in it! I would have bought the rose gold one with rubies tonight if they had it in a small enough size for me. And I might have come back for the emerald and yellow gold one! I still may. They are so dainty! I really did not need this temptation!

https://www.monicarichkosann.com/collections/poesy-bracelets.html?type_attr=235

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why did I think that lockets are over & out ...

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Not at all IMO.

You can go traditional or there are many contemporary versions.
I’m trying to stick with having a few key pieces of high quality jewellery. I’ve overbought so much crap in my day - had I made a list of key pieces (that will cover you for any occasion) years ago, I’d have some really nice stuff by now. A great locket is on my list.

That’s a lovely one btw!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1D4EBD4C-F594-43C8-9796-B9194CCBEA27.png Check out theRealReal.com
I’ve ordered from them before. Shipping to Canada is not the cheapest... better if you have a US post box or friend that you can pick up from.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked up this one off of ruby lane. I like it... but it is not love. Just strong like! ;-) 777A56FF-5E36-48C6-A8FD-33164300B334.jpeg

It was around $150.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I picked up this one off of ruby lane. I like it... but it is not love. Just strong like! ;-) 777A56FF-5E36-48C6-A8FD-33164300B334.jpeg

It was around $150.

Oh, very nice indeed!
I love lockets...

Kitten_Sparkles

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I know this post is older, but I wanted to tell you that I received 2 silver lockets for Christmas (spoiled!)
and they're from Blue Nile. They're really nice! I searched on Etsy for months, but also found nothing. Blue Nile will engrave :love::love::love:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

I’ve been stalking a gold locket there, waited too long, and they sold out :(

Can we see your lockets.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results