shape
carat
color
clarity

blue akoya pendant - YG or WG setting

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
I am thinking of getting a blue akoya pendant - what colour do you think will make the blue stand out more - white gold or yellow gold pendant ? Hmmmmm I can't seem to make up my mind lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What metals do you gravitate towards wearing? White or yellow? I prefer the cooler tones of white metals on my skin and with the blue akoya I would choose white if the blue akoya is cool in tones. Which generally I think they are but it might depend on the specific pearl. But generally I think white would be the way to go however it depends on what looks good on you...good luck and please come back with photos! I love the blue akoyas.:love:

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think either will be lovely. I would consider what other jewelry I might be wearing with the pendant.

I choose white for the clasp of my solid blue akoya strands.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should take pics of both metals on your skin and see which you prefer better.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
White metal - white gold, silver, platinum. Yellow will detract by throwing a greenness at the blue of the akoya.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also prefer white metal for the blue akoyas.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made a necklace with blue aqua and blue akoyas. Definitely WG. What would look great in YG would be a combo of white and pink akoyas.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I have blue baroque Akoyas in both WG and YG, I find that the contrast of YG brings out the blue. I think it depends on whether you want the metal to stand out or blend in.
Consider blue topaz -- often set in silver or white gold, but has more "pow" in yellow gold.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Have you thought of rose gold? I have blue akoya tin cup set in rose gold and the metal brings out the blue hue very well. Will try to take a picture in day light

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results