shape
carat
color
clarity

Self Soothing in Times of Trump

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What self soothing practices have you resorted to since Trump has taken office?

I have resorted to designing various t-shirts on those t-shirt designing websites. My newest t-shirt idea has the painted self portrait of George W. Bush on the front with “Bleeding Heart Liberal” on the back. I’m pretty sure I should send it to print for my entire family, including the twelve year old.

I come up with website ideas in my head. Countdown to impeachment . Com is probably out there, but mine would include betting. Kind of like a giant office pool for the nation. I’m pretty certain someone would get very, very rich from this site. Maybe Trump could advertise his properties on it? Another website I thought of would be called “ still my Mother #%&! President .com.” This is where we could go into deep denial and pretend that Obama was still in office. There would be multiple message boards set up where we could say things such as “aren’t all of these environmental protections laws nice?” And “wow these laws that protect me from rape sure feel good!!” And “Whoo doggy, this health insurance sure looks good on me!”

I drink now. Yeah, umm.. i used to drink two or three times per year. Now it’s happening two or three times per month. I’m not sure I have any intention of stopping either.

I plan my impeachment party. So far, it is still contained to one day/night. Although, the days will increase with each passing year of Trump’s presidency. I will be wearing a tutu and something sparkly and possibly leopard print shoes. I plan to be shitfaced college style. Prince will be blaring so loudly that my neighbors will either come join me or will be dancing in their own homes. I may have to hire a clown, just to freak my husband out. :twisted: This party is in its infancy, but every time I get upset, I add a new element. I think I need to concentrate on this more. It seems to bring me peace.

That’s all I have for now.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat, I love you.

Wherever you are in this country, I will come there for the impeachment party. I'll even pay for the clown!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! I just read your post to the CB (we're driving back from the boathouse now so I amuse him by reading him PS stuff as we go).

His comment: "Honey, House Cat is your spirit animal."

(P.S. - He is also a little creeped out by the idea of the clown but he agreed to contribute if it will make us happy!)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! I just read your post to the CB (we're driving back from the boathouse now so I amuse him by reading him PS stuff as we go).

His comment: "Honey, House Cat is your spirit animal."

(P.S. - He is also a little creeped out by the idea of the clown but he agreed to contribute if it will make us happy!)
Consider yourselves invited! (Tutu optional)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best t-shirt idea for my dogs:
No one’s moving on me like a b!tch

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other ways in which I cope...

IMG_4669.JPG

(You may notice ALL of the peanut butter cups and most of the almond joys are gone... and I just opened this bag two days ago... )

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is anyone invited? I actually saw Prince in San Francisco at the Cow Palace my senior year in HS. I am up for a good party most any day. Will bring booze. :mrgreen2:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4541.JPG IMG_4568.JPG IMG_4580.JPG

Do you like prosecco? Trader Joe's -- it's $3.98 for a four pack... that's A Buck A Can!!!

The Rose has more flavor than the white (neither are sweet at all BTW.). I stopped TJ's by on Friday and did a little lite shopping for the weekend.

I'll be bringing a truckload of this stuff to the party!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've spent more money than I have in past years.

Please start your website @House Cat. The name you chose is perfect for it. I promise I will be there to support you multiple times per day. Heck I'm sure there will be a few days I will be there the whole damn day. This president always seems to out do himself in the A$$hole department, just when we think it can't get worse. . Your party sounds fantastic!

Thanks for the tip @Dee*Jay I'm sending the husband to Trader Joe's. Does this taste as good as prosecco?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Housecat, can we make Tiaras mandatory for the party?
tiara bath.jpg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is anyone invited? I actually saw Prince in San Francisco at the Cow Palace my senior year in HS. I am up for a good party most any day. Will bring booze. :mrgreen2:
Oh red! Of course you are invited!! It wouldn’t be a party without you!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tiara bath.jpg

Did someone say Tiaras?!?!? I'm in.

Canned prosecco and tiaras.... now that is a party.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4541.JPG IMG_4568.JPG IMG_4580.JPG

Do you like prosecco? Trader Joe's -- it's $3.98 for a four pack... that's A Buck A Can!!!

The Rose has more flavor than the white (neither are sweet at all BTW.). I stopped TJ's by on Friday and did a little lite shopping for the weekend.

I'll be bringing a truckload of this stuff to the party!
I think you just changed my life...

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wine in a can. Abomination. And here I was @Dee*Jay, thinking warm snuggly sistah thoughts about you every time you posted about drinking your Prosecco. I thought you were talking real wine not fizzy water and fruit juice. I am verklempt. My boozy innocence has been ripped away and I am left naked and shivering in a hostile world.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:roll2::geek2::kiss2::appl:

8664DDB9-76B8-496A-8788-46CAE1AC89E0.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wine in a can. Abomination. And here I was @Dee*Jay, thinking warm snuggly sistah thoughts about you every time you posted about drinking your Prosecco. I thought you were talking real wine not fizzy water and fruit juice. I am verklempt. My boozy innocence has been ripped away and I am left naked and shivering in a hostile world.

Matata, pumpkin carving parties in my parking lot do not involve glass of any kind! A bottle was once dropped resulting in sharp shards everywhere. A danger to dogs, children and tires alike. Never again! I also served Pabst Blue Ribbon -- in cans! Only the classiest of events occur in my lot!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My self-soothers have been Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 11.06.52 AM.png and Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 11.05.48 AM.png in too much abundance. Impairing my health over the bozo isn't the right path and I decided to do something more beneficial like remodeling the master bathroom. Whenever I get overwhelmed by something the moron does, I distract myself with shopping for all the stuff we need for the project.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 11.03.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 11.03.10 AM.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 4

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I exercise a variation of the Obama's family motto which advice Hilary Clinton adopted during her campaign. When they go low, I get high. Obviously I didn't heed Nancy Reagan's advice.

Also, in places where I don't fear getting beat up by a Trumpster, I wear this shirt DH got me and often receive affirmation from others while doing so. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/851391504526085971

Another thing I do is stop by the White House (humid day = frizzy hair day).

ETA: Huh, my rings look good in original picture but not this one. Setting looks empty. Oh well.

upload_2017-10-22_14-10-0.png

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tiara bath.jpg
Of course! Somehow, I get the nagging feeling that tiaras are going to become daily attire for soothing...

Me talking to myself in the mirror in another year:

“Trump is so freakin crazy! Oh well, thanks to him raising the bar on the amount of insanity the people will accept, I can now get away with wearing a tiara on a daily basis and no one says a thing!” ::::blows self a kiss and gives a little hair toss:::

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey! :angryfire:

How did you get that picture of me? :naughty:
LOL! Kenny--You ARE a princess!
This is, of course, Princess Margaret.
Kenny, I know you would love being photographed in the bathtub, too.:P2

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's true. I might never recover. (no pun intended)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, pumpkin carving parties in my parking lot do not involve glass of any kind! A bottle was once dropped resulting in sharp shards everywhere. A danger to dogs, children and tires alike. Never again! I also served Pabst Blue Ribbon -- in cans! Only the classiest of events occur in my lot!

Word: Insulated bags. Glass bottle--need never come off your shoulder (straw not included).

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/like/142533097955?chn=ps&dispItem=1

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My self-soothers have been Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 11.06.52 AM.png and Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 11.05.48 AM.png in too much abundance. Impairing my health over the bozo isn't the right path and I decided to do something more beneficial like remodeling the master bathroom. Whenever I get overwhelmed by something the moron does, I distract myself with shopping for all the stuff we need for the project.
This can’t be...are you my husband? You two certainly self soothe using the same methods! :lol:

I can’t wait to see the bathroom Matata. If it is anything like your (very coveted by me) garden, I’m sure it will be spectacular! Let me know if you need any artistic inspiration. May I suggest a Dali-esque mosaic of the orange one on the bottom of the toilet?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I suggest a Dali-esque mosaic of the orange one on the bottom of the toilet?
Intriguing idea but I would still be stuck with the image long after the orange one has vacated the house of orange. Your husband has good taste. Not only did he choose you for his life mate but his soothies are awesome.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Intriguing idea but I would still be stuck with the image long after the orange one has vacated the house of orange. Your husband has good taste. Not only did he choose you for his life mate but his soothies are awesome.
That is a great compliment, coming from you! Thank you. :kiss2:

The word “soothies” will forever be a part of my vocabulary.

You are very right about the toilet. It’s best to have absolutely no memory of trump once he’s left office.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG too funny @House Cat

I need to quit watching the news. Trump tweeted again today basically calling Myesha Johnson a liar. How can anyone defend this piece of trash?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results